Synnerai

Nov 11, 2016
Since guys have been evaluating the MSN for past few days while waiting for the update... I actually think that the models of the characters could look better with newer technologies in DAZ, like textures, some meshes and the lightning. Like using IRAY instead of the older one. Yeah, they could look better, but they don't have to, because the story is so damn good. Yes, it uses the usual kinks and fetishes, but that's probably why it's so relatable. And most importantly, it's the sweetest story I have ever played through.

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Maybe the mistake here was announcing a release date for it.

That's one thing the guy behind DMD is at least good at. He sets a date and hits it.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
the guy behind DMD has almost 4000 patrons and probably earns around 30 thousand dollars, and has more than one person working on it

MSN is made by Pandelo alone, he earns 2 thousand dollars, not a small amount, but nowhere near Mr Dots, Dark Silver or Dr Sin, and he used to fulfill his schedule, but this month with christmas and new year a lot of devs got behind schedule

Charolastra

Modder
May 27, 2017
the guy behind DMD has almost 4000 patrons and probably earns around 30 thousand dollars, and has more than one person working on it

MSN is made by Pandelo alone, he earns 2 thousand dollars, not a small amount, but nowhere near Mr Dots, Dark Silver or Dr Sin, and he used to fulfill his schedule, but this month with christmas and new year a lot of devs got behind schedule
i will never understand how people decide who dev to support for me the best one in character and story development is ptolemy from Dreaming of Dana but he just have 300 patrons, MSN is way better than DMD and deserve more in my opinion, but what i really don't get it is BB, seriously why do than even have patrons? just for the art?

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
i will never understand how people decide who dev to support for me the best one in character and story development is ptolemy from Dreaming of Dana but he just have 300 patrons, MSN is way better than DMD and deserve more in my opinion, but what i really don't get it is BB, seriously why do than even have patrons? just for the art?
BB is the most overrated game in recent years imo. Only renders are good. Game is about %90 grinding

TheGoldenRim

May 24, 2017
Was doing some thinking lately... What if there's no december dev at all? But there's a bulky january dev instead? Waiting would be "painful", but you could get twice the content.

Edit: actually, monthly devs are better. If you allow yourself to push forward the whole schedule, you become erratic. Still, it's obviously an special scenario, since Pandelo said he was expecting delays because of holidays.

RequiscatOnPace

Dec 14, 2017
Just a litte question: I loved DmD and i like My sweet Neighbors because it is more a novel than a game. Could anybody recommend similiar novel-games?

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
Just a litte question: I loved DmD and i like My sweet Neighbors because it is more a novel than a game. Could anybody recommend similiar novel-games?
There is a lot of good novels around, but here is two of the best to get you started:
Good Girl Gone Bad: - 2d art, lots of branching paths, dev is active and always deliver.
Saving Chloe: Click on the Signature of the game or
3d art, somewhat vanilla but so good, is the conclusion of a saga with four games. Made by a dev that has been around for a long time and releases almost everything for free and completed. Writing and art are very good.

CunningPig

Jul 10, 2017
There is a lot of good novels around, but here is two of the best to get you started:
Good Girl Gone Bad: - 2d art, lots of branching paths, dev is active and always deliver.
Saving Chloe: Click on the Signature of the game or
3d art, somewhat vanilla but so good, is the conclusion of a saga with four games. Made by a dev that has been around for a long time and releases almost everything for free and completed. Writing and art are very good.
Yeah, Mortze is great. The Elsa universe is the best, but Pandora is pretty good too. I think maybe Tlaero derailed the story a bit when she took over for chapter 2, but the scenes with Maggie in chapter 2 make up for it. Redemption for Jessika was the first one I played and it's still my favorite. They really take the story telling to a different level than any other developers. And they really connect you with the characters by creating stories that are possible to completely immerse yourself in. It's a much different experience than getting attached to a good looking model or enticed by a taboo subject and then painfully waiting for the payoff while drudging through otherwise empty content.

On the opposite end of the story spectrum, Pusooy games is also a great site. His games are much more about lots of sex and good animated gameplay than a deep story, but they're still really fun.

The main thing about Mortze is, like you said, the games are released completed. I think the worst part about playing these other games every update is that the experience of the journey is completely lost. There is no continuity or story build up when you wait a month and get so hyped for a payoff scene that the rest of the additions to the story are pushed aside or lost altogether. This is especially true for games like BB where, if you've played all the previous content, you have to grind to find new content in each update. BB might actually be fun to play if you waited until it was finished and started from the beginning. You'd constantly be unlocking new content and the game wouldn't feel like such an empty grindfest. Same for the milking in episodic games like DmD. The story and the payoff would be much more smooth and rewarding, and wouldn't feel like milking if you just waited for it to be finished, or if it was released as a finished product. I would bet about 90% of the issues people on this site complain about with milking and grinding would be completely resolved if they'd wait a few updates to play or the games were released in a more finished state. Unfortunately developing complete games is not the most successful business model and who can resist playing with the shiny new update? I know i can't XD

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
Yeah, Mortze is great. The Elsa universe is the best, but Pandora is pretty good too. I think maybe Tlaero derailed the story a bit when she took over for chapter 2, but the scenes with Maggie in chapter 2 make up for it. Finding Miranda was the first one I played and it's still my favorite. They really take the story telling to a different level than any other developers. And they really connect you with the characters by creating stories that are possible to completely immerse yourself in. It's a much different experience than getting attached to a good looking model or enticed by a taboo subject and then painfully waiting for the payoff while drudging through otherwise empty content.
Yeah, Tlaero is probably the best writer active. She's not popular because of not budging to requests to write something that is more taboo, and I respect her for it. I mean not too sound too much like "that old dude" but the old school writers(Iksanabot, BBBen, Tlaero, Goblinboy, etc.) are better, imo, because they don't keep attending to requests.
There is a certain point in which the story gets derailed for the sake of popularity if you do attend to too much requests, of course it happens all over not only in this community, but here since in most games is story > gameplay the problem is more accentuated. I hope pandelo does the same thing as the writers I mentioned, since his game is a very good kinda of vanilla game.
The only writer I can think of that adds a bunch of different stuff that's equally good is EvaKiss. Just hope she(?) can wrap up all the routes with the same quality.​

Reactions: Boogie
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes