RequiscatOnPace

Dec 14, 2017
There is a lot of good novels around, but here is two of the best to get you started:
Good Girl Gone Bad: - 2d art, lots of branching paths, dev is active and always deliver.
Saving Chloe: Click on the Signature of the game or
3d art, somewhat vanilla but so good, is the conclusion of a saga with four games. Made by a dev that has been around for a long time and releases almost everything for free and completed. Writing and art are very good.
Thx for your Reply. Thanks for the games you mentioned but i am looking more for a (relatively) straight novel with nice 3d animations. Do you have some in mind?

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
huge problem with the developers who are releasing finished games is inevitable backlash from players if they don't like the game after waiting for it for longer period of time (see LOP games who basically lost most of it's subscribers),that's why,in my opinion,the most of games now are updated monthly so that devs have time to react if players start to dislike the game or some things about the game,BB fell in that trap

tlaero and mortze managed to avoid that,as you said tlaero is one of the best writers in adult genre and their last games were really great and well written visual novels,i haven't checked out other "oldschool" writers @JC23 listed but i will if you speak so highly of them

CunningPig

Jul 10, 2017
Yeah, Tlaero is probably the best writer active. She's not popular because of not budging to requests to write something that is more taboo, and I respect her for it. I mean not too sound too much like "that old dude" but the old school writers(Iksanabot, BBBen, Tlaero, Goblinboy, etc.) are better, imo, because they don't keep attending to requests.
There is a certain point in which the story gets derailed for the sake of popularity if you do attend to too much requests, of course it happens all over not only in this community, but here since in most games is story > gameplay the problem is more accentuated. I hope pandelo does the same thing as the writers I mentioned, since his game is a very good kinda of vanilla game.
The only writer I can think of that adds a bunch of different stuff that's equally good is EvaKiss. Just hope she(?) can wrap up all the routes with the same quality.​
Yes, the focus group effect. I think Depraved Awakenings is one that is similar in business model and content to the other very popular games but is much better because he's definitely got his own story to tell and seems to be telling it how he wants to. I understand the developer's dilemma when it comes to meeting the demands of their patrons, but you're either creating something because you love to do it and you're passionate about that thing you're creating, or you're doing it for money, and it's easy to tell which is which to me. Not that there is anything wrong with doing something to make a buck, but the quality of the product suffers.

Reactions: JC23

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
Thx for your Reply. Thanks for the games you mentioned but i am looking more for a (relatively) straight novel with nice 3d animations. Do you have some in mind?
There aren't that many novels with good animations tbh. Saving chloe does have animations if I'm not mistaken, and Chaotic's games also have them but they lack in story with a few exceptions, at least IMO. Most games with animation are on RPGM, or Unity/Flash so they are not really straight novels. On the games section of the site you can click on "VN" and try to find something you like.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
i haven't checked out other "oldschool" writers @JC23 listed but i will if you speak so highly of them
Iksanabot is the guy who wrote LWT, LWT2 and Seducing The Throne, so I guess you have checked him out.
BBBen's games are not for everyone, because of the engine, artstyle and even story, but they are really well done. I think he's writing a Visual Novel on a new engine now.
Goblinboy stuff is on a very old engine too, so keep this in mind before trying them.

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Iksanabot is the guy who wrote LWT, LWT2 and Seducing The Throne, so I guess you have checked him out.
BBBen's games are not for everyone, because of the engine, artstyle and even story, but they are really well done. I think he's writing a Visual Novel on a new engine now.
Goblinboy stuff is on a very old engine too, so keep this in mind before trying them.
But it's worth to note that when it comes to text games (with renders) Goblinboy was just dominating when he was still active. He has amazing quality and content. School Dreams 3 and Meteor were like BB of their time. I highly recommend to play Goblinboy's games as AIF isn't so bad or unplayable even now in my opinion.

Reactions: JC23
U

User_215882

Im guessing since its a one man team that he is doing some testing to make sure its a stable build. He could do what some devs do and have the player base test the game and report bugs, but since this is more of a novel (duh its a VN) it might be better for him to hire a coder to speed up the updates. It will come just relax chaps.

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
as mentioned before it's a one man team and this is likely not his full time job.

for me after work it's gym, shower, relax, eat and whatever time is left over is meant for leisurely stuff or gaming. last thing I want to do is more "work" even if it is around things I enjoy. so we just gotta wait patiently and that's that.

if you are a patron (I'm not) then you
should go on his patreon and tell him to quit slacking XD

Reactions: kabraly

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
Yeah, Tlaero is probably the best writer active. She's not popular because of not budging to requests to write something that is more taboo, and I respect her for it. I mean not too sound too much like "that old dude" but the old school writers(Iksanabot, BBBen, Tlaero, Goblinboy, etc.) are better, imo, because they don't keep attending to requests.
There is a certain point in which the story gets derailed for the sake of popularity if you do attend to too much requests, of course it happens all over not only in this community, but here since in most games is story > gameplay the problem is more accentuated. I hope pandelo does the same thing as the writers I mentioned, since his game is a very good kinda of vanilla game.
The only writer I can think of that adds a bunch of different stuff that's equally good is EvaKiss. Just hope she(?) can wrap up all the routes with the same quality.​
She and the others stem from a different era of ero games: adult interactive fiction (AIF). Obviously writing is way better as AIF started out as written-only, so if you couldn't write an interesting plot and decent sex scenes you didn't go far. Only the later AIF and GoblinBoy actually included images with their writing.

Of course, it's way different now. Most ero creators I see now don't have a strong grasp of the English language.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Tlaero and Mortze are a team, while people like Pandelo has to do the writing, the renders and the coding.
You have to be a genius to be good at everything, so of course most modern wegs have limitations in one way or another. I can only think in a couple of devs like that, i.e EvaKiss with GGGB.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
Tlaero and Mortze are a team, while people like Pandelo has to do the writing, the renders and the coding.
You have to be a genius to be good at everything, so of course most modern wegs have limitations in one way or another. I can only think in a couple of devs like that, i.e EvaKiss with GGGB.
Tlaero also does the coding if I'm not mistaken.
BBBen does everything and Goblinboy also did everything, so that's really not that good of an excuse specially for VN games.
I've dabbled in ren'py just for fun and coding for this type of game just takes time, it's not some super hard activity. Actually all of his stuff is a time constriction thing, renders and coding in particular takes so much time therefore I understand completely if sometimes he is late with updates.
Back to the topic, I wasn't saying that pandelo is bad or needs to get better, to me his stuff is very close to the other ones I mentioned and he's good with fullfiling dates and content.
All I was saying is that I hope he doesn't go for fetish request just for the sake of doing it like some other devs go. Sorry if that wasn't clear, and for getting a little off-topic with the ren'py/coding comment.

U

User_215882

Well from what I know of the dev is that this isn't a full time job and he also has a family. So you have his actual job and family time that takes up on development time. At least he posts regular updates to let players know whats happening rather than give one vague update and then who the fuck knows when the update will come. At worse the update comes out either later this week or next.

JC23

Sep 25, 2016
@Tommybuns Guys again, All that was being said is that we hope pandelo doesn't go for fetish request just for the sake of doing it like most other devs go. I'm pretty sure everybody on this thread is happy with pandelo's work ethic. So let's just move on with it, since it's blowing it out of proportion what was a little off-topic discussion into a even more off-topic discussion that has nothing to do with the first one. Let's just wait for the new update :eazyHype: :eazyHype:

xןʞ

I trolled so N7 could soar.
Staff member
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Tlaero also does the coding if I'm not mistaken.
BBBen does everything and Goblinboy also did everything, so that's really not that good of an excuse specially for VN games.
I've dabbled in ren'py just for fun and coding for this type of game just takes time, it's not some super hard activity. Actually all of his stuff is a time constriction thing, renders and coding in particular takes so much time therefore I understand completely if sometimes he is late with updates.
Back to the topic, I wasn't saying that pandelo is bad or needs to get better, to me his stuff is very close to the other ones I mentioned and he's good with fullfiling dates and content.
All I was saying is that I hope he doesn't go for fetish request just for the sake of doing it like some other devs go. Sorry if that wasn't clear, and for getting a little off-topic with the ren'py/coding comment.
SORRY BUD I've already put in the demand for mother vore scene and daughter to grow a sweet yiffable tail and spider egg impregnation!

U

User_215882

@Tommybuns Guys again, All that was being said is that we hope pandelo doesn't go for fetish request just for the sake of doing it like most other devs go. I'm pretty sure everybody on this thread is happy with pandelo's work ethic. So let's just move on with it, since it's blowing it out of proportion what was a little off-topic discussion into a even more off-topic discussion that has nothing to do with the first one. Let's just wait for the new update :eazyHype: :eazyHype:
I don't think theres going to be any of that. Its a rather vanilla story (but done right) if you don't include the route that gets you both the mom and daughter. So if anyone thinks that say bestiality or NTR is going to be added I doubt it as theres no patreon polls and the dev is pretty set on what he wants his story to be. But yes the hype train is starting and I most certainly got my ticket. I'll be happy with a Friday release. Great start for the weekend!

Reactions: Shardoom
4.60 star(s) 85 Votes