PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
He is not.Read sometime:)
Huh, you´re right. Didn´t patreon used to have something like a "badge" for accoutns that are currently on hold? I thought his pledges were still being processed because i didnt see that badge.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
still no news whats with the game? if pandelo comes back or that someone maybe take it over nd try to finish it?

its 1 of the best games and very bad that there is no update since 1 year
No news, the dev will come if and when he feels up to it, that's about it.

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
This Pandelo's story really remind me of Limit Theory game situation. Guy who was making this game thanks to money from kickstarter for two years just got completely silent for a year without any word. Later we found out he had mental breakdown because of all technical stuff that was not doable and his inability to make things work in first place and polish them afterwards. He got back and tried to work in more mature way for another few months but eventually ended going into dead end again and stopped communicating for months. Eventualy he scrapped everything. Pretty sad story for people emotionally attached to dev, game and community.
Really? He is inactive because the game was technically too tough or not doable for him? Also, are you sure he scrapped everything? i.e., he is not coming back at all?

alucardhell

Feb 8, 2018
This Pandelo's story really remind me of Limit Theory game situation. Guy who was making this game thanks to money from kickstarter for two years just got completely silent for a year without any word. Later we found out he had mental breakdown because of all technical stuff that was not doable and his inability to make things work in first place and polish them afterwards. He got back and tried to work in more mature way for another few months but eventually ended going into dead end again and stopped communicating for months. Eventualy he scrapped everything. Pretty sad story for people emotionally attached to dev, game and community.
thank you for the information I hope that it will return to normal when it is near one day

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018
Really? He is inactive because the game was technically too tough or not doable for him? Also, are you sure he scrapped everything? i.e., he is not coming back at all?
I think you misunderstood my post - sorry but english is not my first language. I'm not talking about Pandelo and My Sweet Neighboors game. I'm talking about Josh who was a creator of Limit Theory game. It was a procedurally generated space simulator. Situation of fans of both games was miserable and devs did not even write a quick note for more then a year. In both cases we were left in the dark.

batman666

Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I'd actually be totally fine is he just ditched all the programming and turned this into a kinetic novel without any choices. Either let the MC have both girls or just do one version first and the second one as some sorta DLC. :D (my vote's for the daughter going first!)

I am pretty certain that the models used in the game are either Genesis 2 or really early Genesis 3 models. The "redone" version someone posted a few pages back looks awesome, but it's more of a G3/G8 remaster with way more details / visual fidelity. The mother and daughter do share some resemblance, so maybe Pandelo modeled one of them first and adjusted the age for the second one, either up or down.

This game is the one I'm always coming back for (no pun intended... right...? XD).

It's relatively simple in its structure, no sandbox gaming, no 1.000.000 variables like cash or progression. It's just 2 variables for each of the two girls and it's the little moments that just got me endeared. The subtle look on the girl's face when you drop the fork in the restaurant, it's just those little things and nods towards the player that most games don't offer. The writing was subtle and sexy and even though the daughter might not be the latest state of the art HQ G8 model, she has a way more memorable look to her than everything that came after her.

My hope rn is that either Pandelo will return to the game at some point or just get someone to help him work on the game and just share the Patreon cash evenly. He could just work as an advisor if that'd help him. Either way, he shouldn't be pressured into anything and also, I think his game shouldn't be remade or reworked by someone else without his explicit consent. We don't need another Big Brother situation where there's one convoluted as f*ck original game and 20 orbiting rip offs that just look and play worse even though they're aiming at being a tribute.

Bonkoman

Jul 7, 2017
reposting this again

For those to lazy to scroll
Pandelo: December 15th 2018 _
Information about the next release
Hello everyone, I'm really sorry, but I unfortunately have to postpone the next version again due to private problems. My mother had a heart attack. Under the circumstances, she's fine and I'm currently at my parents place. But I will be not at home until early January. And besides I'm absolutely not in the mood to work on the game right now. This time, I'll pause my creator page. That means, you don't get charged for the next month but you still all get the new version in January. My creator page will automatically unpause on January the 2nd. What the last months happened, all the delays on the game, was of course not what I had planned. Everytime I thought, now I can continue with a new version on the game as planned, new things came up... All I can say that I'm really sorry and I'll definitely continue working on the game! Of course, we all want to know what happens next with our sweet neighbors. In the next post and on our Discord you'll find some christmas wallpaper that I've already prepared last week. Just a little thank you, to all of you guys. I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone celebrating and some random lovely, peaceful days to everyone else.

Renzon

Mar 24, 2017
reposting this again

For those to lazy to scroll
Pandelo: December 15th 2018 _
Information about the next release
Hello everyone, I'm really sorry, but I unfortunately have to postpone the next version again due to private problems. My mother had a heart attack. Under the circumstances, she's fine and I'm currently at my parents place. But I will be not at home until early January. And besides I'm absolutely not in the mood to work on the game right now. This time, I'll pause my creator page. That means, you don't get charged for the next month but you still all get the new version in January. My creator page will automatically unpause on January the 2nd. What the last months happened, all the delays on the game, was of course not what I had planned. Everytime I thought, now I can continue with a new version on the game as planned, new things came up... All I can say that I'm really sorry and I'll definitely continue working on the game! Of course, we all want to know what happens next with our sweet neighbors. In the next post and on our Discord you'll find some christmas wallpaper that I've already prepared last week. Just a little thank you, to all of you guys. I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone celebrating and some random lovely, peaceful days to everyone else.
Can this not be placed on the front page so that people stop asking and then removed/crossed out when new releases occur?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Can this not be placed on the front page so that people stop asking and then removed/crossed out when new releases occur?
The correct way to get this done is to report the post and ask that the info be added to the OP.

Reactions: perheiro

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
This won't stop anything as there are regulars question about walkthroughs and such even though they're linked in the op.

Renzon

Mar 24, 2017
This won't stop anything as there are regulars question about walkthroughs and such even though they're linked in the op.
Granted, it won't stop the behavior entirely. It can possibly minimize repeated events maybe.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
Posted in another thread, but is relevant to this one.
I can answer that, actually. 1) My Sweet Neighbors is severely, immensely, criminally underrated despite being my favorite game of all time. 2) Pandelo comes back once a month to pause his Patreon so there's still hope of it continuing. 3) If he doesn't come back, trust me when I say I'll personally make sure it gets a fan reboot, even if in a couple years. I've said this many times before. It's on my "developer bucket list," so to speak. Great question, by the way!
(y)

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes