Vasy

Mar 21, 2017
How is this still generating $2000+ a month on patreon???
It isn't. Pandelo has paused payment every month since his hiatus began.

As to why his patrons have largely stuck around, why wouldn't they? It costs them nothing and it indicates to the dev that his project still has a ton of interest/support should he ever consider returning to it.

Last edited:

Motoko Kusanagi

Major
Donor
Aug 19, 2018
It isn't. Pandelo has paused payment every month since his hiatus began.

As to why his patrons have largely stuck around, why wouldn't they? It costs them nothing and it indicates to the dev that his project still has a ton of interest/support should he ever consider returning to it.
Ahh makes sense, too bad thought I really enjoyed this game

Reactions: NukaCola

Rintal

May 6, 2017
Just adding my 2 cents to the Fort Knox worth of people asking/hoping & wondering if pandelo plans on never finishing this game, couldnt he at least grant permissions for other to finish this game? This is one of the ones it's a real shame it became abandoned, it's always been in my top 10 =(
LOL! If someone wants to continue the game, he can just do it. And no permission is needed. This is not a licensed product.

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
LOL! If someone wants to continue the game, he can just do it. And no permission is needed. This is not a licensed product.
Yeah im Not a lawyer but I dont think you need a license to sue for un permissioned use of your IP, but weather I'm right or wrong point I was trying to make is hopefully some people finish it, hate to see decent/good games fade away

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
I don't think anything good would come out of the idea of someone else taking over this game. Most people severly lack in either coding, rendering, or writing and this way it would probably leave a bad taste for a lot of players if it doesn't deliver the quality they're used to.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
I want a continuation for this game really badly, but it's not ok to take it without permission. Isn't there a way to contact the original dev?

Reactions: VOYEUR

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I want a continuation for this game really badly, but it's not ok to take it without permission. Isn't there a way to contact the original dev?
Yes, message him on Patreon.

No guarantee he'll answer.

Exarioch

May 21, 2018
On the topic of a reboot, another dev has already said they want to do one if Pandelo doesn't come back.

https://f95zone.to/threads/my-sweet-neighbors-v0-12-pandelo.3304/post-2842402

I think he could do it, his game Polarity is really solid so I think he would do well with this game too.

The biggest problem with a potential reboot is finding all the assets IMO.
He doesn't need to have make a 100% identical game/characters, some minors changes will suffice.

The first problem is the continuity of the scenario and keeping the personality of the characters (+ evolution)
The second problem: if the new developer will use the same graphics like Polarity ( Haven't tried ), I'm not really sure that the new My Sweet Neighbors will meet the same succes because the builder like Playhome/Honey Select/etc... have limited when showing the emotions on the faces (very important to me because I am deaf)...

But if the new developper can overcome all these difficulties, I will applaud.

Anyway good luck

Reactions: driverman

Jayman69

Sep 21, 2017
Yeah im Not a lawyer but I dont think you need a license to sue for un permissioned use of your IP, but weather I'm right or wrong point I was trying to make is hopefully some people finish it, hate to see decent/good games fade away
You're no English teacher either, lol. It's "whether" not "weather"..... Just fuggin' with ya...... I 100% agree w/ your statement.

RRRS003

Sep 6, 2019
I hate you guys... I have a policy of no-abandoned games, and yet I made an exception for this one after reading some comments and review out there... now I've finished the 1.2 of this nice game and I hate you all as I can't go on with the story :LOL:

metalspace

Jun 30, 2018
it's been 2 fucking years.. what happened?
Think in Dec 2018, the dev's mom had a heart attack, but presumably made it through. Dev hasn't said anything since then but has been pausing his patreon every month.

At this point nobody knows really; maybe the dev moved on or just doesn't feel interested in continuing the game anymore. All you can honestly do wait and hope, though at this point, I don't have much hope but I keep this in my watchlist since I love this game. Ehhh...back to my new family for me.

Reactions: kaizersoze27

kaizersoze27

Donor
Aug 19, 2017
Think in Dec 2018, the dev's mom had a heart attack, but presumably made it through. Dev hasn't said anything since then but has been pausing his patreon every month.

At this point nobody knows really; maybe the dev moved on or just doesn't feel interested in continuing the game anymore. All you can honestly do wait and hope, though at this point, I don't have much hope but I keep this in my watchlist since I love this game. Ehhh...back to my new family for me.
Is it not possible for developers to close their account and move on? I mean, if Pandelo has no interest, then don't you think it is better for him to close the shop and move on rather than pausing every month?

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes