VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Teenage Years [v0.1b] [MTY Games]

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes

tasteslikekimchi

Mar 6, 2021
I'm really impressed with all facets of this game, visuals, story line, and gameplay. Great work and I am looking forward to this project being completed!

HantsMSfan

Jan 3, 2019
Encouraging start and really enjoyed playing this. Nice dialogue and renders, fingers crossed this has some longevity.

Reactions: LSC82

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
I'm enjoying the game, so thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jess is gorgeous. I love the relationship they have.

But ...

Only 5 pages of saves? I save a lot. Not just for where I need to make a choice. I like to save anywhere I might want to go back and re-play a scene, or just somewhere I think a character looks particularly nice and I want to revisit that image. I will run out of save slots very quickly with only 5 pages. Yes, I know I'm weird and most people probably save only when they need to make a decision.

Please add more. Preferably unlimited. In some longer VNs I am up to 20 pages (at six slots per page, so just under 14 pages of 9) and the story is not over!

I spotted what I think are some dialogue errors. Mostly it's good but there were a couple of oddities.

- In the car: "Do you know what time moms getting there" - should be "mom's"
- In the kitchen after Jess arrives: "Ah he is! Hey sport!" - "Ah, here he is!" (or "there he is")
- In Jess' room: she says "Why can't all boys be like you?" then there's some other dialogue about what she means and then he says "Don't worry sis, someday you will" as though she asked "Why can't I find a boy like you?" but she never said anything like that.

Minor mistakes that in no way reduced my enjoyment.

I'm still in the lounge scene, not sure how much more there is. If you want me to keep reporting this kind of thing I'll try to catch them (always possible I am too engaged in the story and miss some.)

MTY Games

Game Developer
Jan 12, 2019
Thanks for this, really appreciate you reporting the dialogue errors. I'll get this fixed for the next release.

Regarding the save slots, I've already changed the coding to allow unlimited saves and will be available from the next release.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
Thanks for this, really appreciate you reporting the dialogue errors. I'll get this fixed for the next release.

Regarding the save slots, I've already changed the coding to allow unlimited saves and will be available from the next release.
Great news on the save slots, thank you. I got to the end of this version without running out of pages but I think I was through much of page 3.

I spotted some other errors for which I took screenshots. As soon as I have a chance I'll post them here (or I can send by private message if you prefer.)

I also think there may be a bug. I couldn't get the scene where you spy on Jess in the bathroom. I only knew it existed because someone previously asked about this. I looked into the stats required to trigger that scene and could not figure how to get those stats no matter what choices I made. If this is not a bug, perhaps you could enlighten me as to what choices would have got me there (can also do by PM if you don't want to reveal it here)?

I'm not sure I want to spy on her in the bathroom but would be good to know what I did wrong ...

The scene outside the house where they talk about what happened with her boyfriend was really good. I almost felt bad checking her out in bed after. I also know that's what I, in real life, would probably have been unable to resist. This is possibly a rationalisation but it seemed less creepy than spying on her in the bathroom, more like it was driven by real attraction (emotional and physical) for someone who's right next to you than semi-stalking behaviour.

All in all I'm really happy to have another game to add to the list of those with more wholesome character relationships (with added sex, eventually, of course.) I enjoy corruption games and games like Pale Carnations where many of the character relationships are at least a little twisted. But it's also really nice to settle down with something like this.

mythlock

Jun 1, 2017
not sure whats going on, are the links corrupt, or have i done something wrong? i checked the images.rpa but it seems like the image is there but something not working, i want to play this game not just extract the images. if someone can help me with this problem that would be great

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
ok so this image is currupt and i dont know how to fix it, i have downloaded from mega, nopy and im trying a thrird now, but if its the same how do i fix the image or i should say the rpa file
View attachment 1168685
I never got that error in my playthrough, but if it helps, here's that image. Just replace it with the one you have.

mythlock

Jun 1, 2017
thanks Sycho that helped alot, i just unpacked everything add the pic and played it with renply sdk and it worked fine after that

Reactions: Sycho
4.90 star(s) 7 Votes