Keldin

Jun 7, 2017
" [[The game developer does not wish that the details for the 25th ending be spoiled for others. If you enjoyed the game, consider respecting their decision on this matter.]]"
okay that's pretty irritating, especially since afaik from my brief foray into decompiling and looking up actionscript stuff it appears the data is encrypted and beyond reasonable ability to decode.

the real deal breaker ofc is this bullshit:
24 hours, real time, after you reach an ending on a playthrough you started in v0.90 or later, an option will appear on the game’s main menu. This will give you access to small snippets of content that change in real time, sticking around for a week before disappearing forever.
Fuck right off with that nonsense. It's one thing to obfuscate requirements in some attempt at "art", it's another thing to then also tie that obscure content into mandatory RL waiting periods, especially when the content itself then has an RL deadline to read.

Fuckin fine art auteurs are the literal worst

nitobe-san

Oct 1, 2017
okay that's pretty irritating, especially since afaik from my brief foray into decompiling and looking up actionscript stuff it appears the data is encrypted and beyond reasonable ability to decode.
Welp, at least I know not to look into it myself.

Reactions: Keldin

Lightning

Jun 12, 2017

the real deal breaker ofc is this bullshit:

Fuck right off with that nonsense. It's one thing to obfuscate requirements in some attempt at "art", it's another thing to then also tie that obscure content into mandatory RL waiting periods, especially when the content itself then has an RL deadline to read.

Fuckin fine art auteurs are the literal worst
its because yes its a game, but that particular ending is supposed to be earned, the game tries getting you in a certain mindset so you can feel the full weight of the ending when it does hit while at the same time that same mindset also helps you get the ending, the game having a few stronger emotional themes then other games of its nature. can't really excuse the timed content though no matter who it is, never was a fan of content that is on a timer then is gone forever

will offer some help though for getting the 'super secret' ending. you need to pursue another endings path in the world that allows you to freeroam first before you can do it, you can not do it out of nowhere.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Omega647

Aug 3, 2020
its because yes its a game, but that particular ending is supposed to be earned, the game tries getting you in a certain mindset so you can feel the full weight of the ending when it does hit while at the same time that same mindset also helps you get the ending, the game having a few stronger emotional themes then other games of its nature. can't really excuse the timed content though no matter who it is, never was a fan of content that is on a timer then is gone forever

will offer some help though for getting the 'super secret' ending. you need to pursue another endings path in the world that allows you to freeroam first before you can do it, you can not do it out of nowhere.
Does collar type matters for getting secret ending, and is signal recovery matters alot for that ending?

Lightning

Jun 12, 2017
Does collar type matters for getting secret ending, and is signal recovery matters alot for that ending?
actually no, collar type does not matter, can get it with blue, black, or pink as far as I am aware (though because of the mindset it encourages most I see get it are pinks) it is more about doing a particular action in a particular ending, which will help you find out what to do later. I will give another hint though (last one because this is a big hint for the first action you need to do). inaction in of itself, is also a choice.

Omega647

Aug 3, 2020
actually no, collar type does not matter, can get it with blue, black, or pink as far as I am aware (though because of the mindset it encourages most I see get it are pinks) it is more about doing a particular action in a particular ending, which will help you find out what to do later. I will give another hint though (last one because this is a big hint for the first action you need to do). inaction in of itself, is also a choice.
Just wondering, is it like other games where you need to do it perfectly just to get that ending aka no mistakes, everything needs to be flawless to get it.

Lightning

Jun 12, 2017
Just wondering, is it like other games where you need to do it perfectly just to get that ending aka no mistakes, everything needs to be flawless to get it.
nope, it doesn't really have any markers for 'mistakes' just two hidden actions are all you need to do.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: atur

Omega647

Aug 3, 2020
Thanks for those hints Lighting, gonna try get that ending later and hope that i did everything correctly :D

Sep 15, 2018
MVOL v1.01 is out for patreons, includes two new art pieces, and a third to replace an existing piece.
There is also some new wood door content.

Sadly I dont have it, but I can offer this consolation prize of v1.00 Deluxe edition in the meantime.

swf file doesn't work, it just ends up taking me to the end of life page on Adobe's website

4.30 star(s) 18 Votes