4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I've read a lot of very aggressively nice posts here about the game. Thanks for your feedback.

1- for each version you need a new savegame. This will avoid name problems. The script that manages the people is intensely modified with each update.

2 - The problem of choosing Valerie or Alyssa for the party at evon is certainly caused by the previous problem.

3 - The current game doesn't have a scene management system and doesn't really offer a choice. There are no points and your choices don't influence the future but the moment. These problems will be corrected in the 0.1x updates that will come after version 0.04. This way of developing has its flaws, but it allows me to move forward very quickly. Since I only manage one layer at a time.

Please bear in mind that the game is in a very primitive state.
To be honest, you're causing yourself a lot of headaches with your use of python classes. Things like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Would be better off as variables instead of in a class:

For your main character's name, you should be able to use string interpolation. Again, not inside a bloody init block:

Things like this will help with save compatibility.

And if you do need to change a class, utilize Ren'Py's special label, . Here's an example from my port where I'm adding new properties to classes. Doing so here, will modify the player's save file to add default values for those new properties and helps prevent errors.

Last edited:

Xys_dev

Nov 2, 2017
To be honest, you're causing yourself a lot of headaches with your use of python classes. Things like this:
Would be better off as variables instead of in a class:

For your main character's name, you should be able to use string interpolation. Again, not inside a bloody init block:

Things like this will help with save compatibility.

And if you do need to change a class, utilize Ren'Py's special label, . Here's an example from my port where I'm adding new properties to classes. Doing so here, will modify the player's save file to add default values for those new properties and helps prevent errors.
Thank you for your reply and recommendations. The use of classes is justified by the fact that at the beginning I had planned to make a Sandbox version of thé game. The idea was abandoned in the middle of development. The entire game system will be replaced in future updates. To alleviate the save problem I'm going to allow everyone to choose where they want to start the game this will be a temporary solution.

I'm really sorry for the current problems, I'm aware of their existence and they will be improved in future updates. Thank you and enjoy the game.

Reactions: HUNUTAN and globsis

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Thank you for your reply and recommendations. The use of classes is justified by the fact that at the beginning I had planned to make a Sandbox version of thé game. The idea was abandoned in the middle of development. The entire game system will be replaced in future updates. To alleviate the save problem I'm going to allow everyone to choose where they want to start the game this will be a temporary solution.

I'm really sorry for the current problems, I'm aware of their existence and they will be improved in future updates. Thank you and enjoy the game.
I don't want to derail the thread too much with development talk, so will say this and leave it at that. I see no justification of using a class for choice flags regardless if it's a sandbox or not. It just adds unneeded complexity and will require you to use after_load to modify the player's saves for each version when more choices/flags are added to the game OR fuck up their saves and force them to start all over.

A good example of when to use classes? Say you have 5 characters who all have the same stats, (e.g., Affection, Corruption, Friendship). It would not make sense to create 3 variables per character to manage these stats because it's more work. So, creating a class that will have all these stats (and ways to manipulate those stats) allows you to do the work only once and then never have to deal with again, even as you add more characters. On top of that, changes to that class would be very rare, such as if you wanted to add a new stat to track. This is much more reasonable than a class for all game choices where you will add many new choices for each chapter.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Take it or leave it. Just friendly advice from someone who develops software for a living.

Xys_dev

Nov 2, 2017
I don't want to derail the thread too much with development talk, so will say this and leave it at that. I see no justification of using a class for choice flags regardless if it's a sandbox or not. It just adds unneeded complexity and will require you to use after_load to modify the player's saves for each version when more choices/flags are added to the game OR fuck up their saves and force them to start all over.

A good example of when to use classes? Say you have 5 characters who all have the same stats, (e.g., Affection, Corruption, Friendship). It would not make sense to create 3 variables per character to manage these stats because it's more work. So, creating a class that will have all these stats (and ways to manipulate those stats) allows you to do the work only once and then never have to deal with again, even as you add more characters. On top of that, changes to that class would be very rare, such as if you wanted to add a new stat to track. This is much more reasonable than a class for all game choices where you will add many new choices for each chapter.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Take it or leave it. Just friendly advice from someone who develops software for a living.
Ok...
I scam people on f95 for a living.
Ursus4321 can testify.

Xys_dev

Nov 2, 2017
Ok...
Ursus4321 can testify.
You're right. But there are several decisions that were made at the beginning that have led to this result - the game was originally intended to have a completely different system from what is currently used. You don't have to say what you do for a living to justify what you say.
And direct messages exist for this kind of thing.

Last edited:

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Ok...
Ursus4321 can testify.
You're right. But there are several decisions that were made at the beginning that have led to this result - the game was originally intended to have a completely different system from what is currently used. You don't have to say what you do for a living to justify what you say.
And direct messages exist for this kind of thing.
Have to say...well, choose to say, I'm a bit disappointed in your responses. I don't necessarily expect you to be dependent on others for ideas regarding coding, etc, but as I've said before many times on this site, honey works better than vinegar to attract bees. GOOML is a nice guy whom I've interacted with many times. His offer is based on experience and if you choose to take a different route I am sure he won't lose any sleep over it. But we're all learning and the more ideas and expertise from which to draw the more intelligent our results.

Furthermore, by posting publicly he draws in the community and others may comment on their experiences and knowledge and all will be the better for it.

Xys_dev

Nov 2, 2017
Have to say...well, choose to say, I'm a bit disappointed in your responses. I don't necessarily expect you to be dependent on others for ideas regarding coding, etc, but as I've said before many times on this site, honey works better than vinegar to attract bees. GOOML is a nice guy whom I've interacted with many times. His offer is based on experience and if you choose to take a different route I am sure he won't lose any sleep over it. But we're all learning and the more ideas and expertise from which to draw the more intelligent our results.

Furthermore, by posting publicly he draws in the community and others may comment on their experiences and knowledge and all will be the better for it.
I'm really sorry to disappoint you. Many people have been giving me advice since the development of the game. You in particular have helped me a lot on this project and I thank you. Despite the fact that many people tell me what I already know, I thank everyone for their contributions. I could have told them "I'm a software engineer so I know what I'm doing." But
The simple fact of being interested in my work already means a lot to me.

I don't have a problem with him and his advice isn't too much and if he can still help later that would be a good thing. But you don't have to justify your words and actions by what you do in life - people don't need that.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I'm really sorry to disappoint you. Many people have been giving me advice since the development of the game. You in particular have helped me a lot on this project and I thank you. Despite the fact that many people tell me what I already know, I thank everyone for their contributions. I could have told them "I'm a software engineer so I know what I'm doing." But
The simple fact of being interested in my work already means a lot to me.

I don't have a problem with him and his advice isn't too much and if he can still help later that would be a good thing. But you don't have to justify your words and actions by what you do in life - people don't need that.
No biggie, my man. We hit a few bumps but that's what suspensions are for. We keep going and the road gets smoother.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
man, F this game.... i really tought that i could avoid any tipe of ntr (netorare, netori) but nooooo, it has to fucking force it down your throat. IF YOU'RE SUPOSED TO CHOOSE WHAT HAPPENS, THEN WHY THE FUCK IS THERE CONTENT BEING FORCED ON THE PLAYER?

inb4 cucks: fuck off.
it is ntr game. and tagged that way. whole concept of the game is that someone with minimum cognitive capability can expect something like that is going to happen.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
it is ntr game. and tagged that way. whole concept of the game is that someone with minimum cognitive capability can expect something like that is going to happen.
No it's a game with an NTR path. It's not an NTR game. The whole point of having alternate paths is for people to be able to play how they want. If you want a straight NTR game, those exist.

Don't act like some big shot when you're wrong.

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes