4.40 star(s) 11 Votes

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Both great points:

There wasn't any in the original so no idea how that's possible....
The only way to add animation would be to recreate those scenes and, in my experience, animation using DAZ3D is not very good. Not to mention in order to maintain immersion continuity the developer would have to have the correct .duf files for the models, environment, lighting, etc. in order to make the scenes look like the original.

I had a go and it's a looking good... I do hope you get creative and add a few extra plots and twist using the images already in it lol... Make the people who played the original find them.....
"...using the images already in it..." - as with the animation process, this would ruin the continuity and immersion of the game if different .dufs were used.

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Both great points:

The only way to add animation would be to recreate those scenes and, in my experience, animation using DAZ3D is not very good. Not to mention in order to maintain immersion continuity the developer would have to have the correct .duf files for the models, environment, lighting, etc. in order to make the scenes look like the original.

"...using the images already in it..." - as with the animation process, this would ruin the continuity and immersion of the game if different .dufs were used.
Good point... Forget a lot of Devs don't keep there dufs over time thinking its redundant.... Which I wonder how many do keep them backed up over time just for the possibility of adding content to earlier stuff, without having to fully redo the entire artwork.... If anything I generally see a remake of the whole game or full scene rebuilds....

Reactions: SISIMEN

SISIMEN

Jun 9, 2017
Good point... Forget a lot of Devs don't keep there dufs over time thinking its redundant.... Which I wonder how many do keep them backed up over time just for the possibility of adding content to earlier stuff, without having to fully redo the entire artwork.... If anything I generally see a remake of the whole game or full scene rebuilds....
I worked on a couple of projects for some devs as an artist and I kept most of mine, although I think you may be correct, insomuch as developers, once a scene is complete, will only keep the bare minimum.

You mention a remake of a game. I am fine with this as long as it is a complete remake. In other words, if someone is going to remaster a game, whether it is on a different platform or to just improve the graphics, then it should be 100% redone or 100% the same artwork. I have seen a few that have tried remaking or even just finishing an incomplete game, and they started using "close-but-not-quite" models and renders...it doesn't work and all but ruins the experience.

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Y
You mention a remake of a game. I am fine with this as long as it is a complete remake. In other words, if someone is going to remaster a game, whether it is on a different platform or to just improve the graphics, then it should be 100% redone or 100% the same artwork. I have seen a few that have tried remaking or even just finishing an incomplete game, and they started using "close-but-not-quite" models and renders...it doesn't work and all but ruins the experience.
Yes that sucks when it happens, but what's worse is if a game was created during G3, but then they port the assets to G8 or G8.1 for what ever reasons and redo the game using the new G8 or G8.1 assets.... Which every VN I have come across that did that honestly sucked... I found the new converted characters lost that G3 unique look and seemed out of place.... Yet to see any Games getting ported for G9 or using G9 models in them... Although I have come across people porting old G3 to G9 for fanart and honestly I find them looking wrong and nothing like the original G3... Might sound funny but it looks "fake". I did originally port some of my fav G3 characters for my fanart to G8, G8.1 and G9, but found the original version just looks right no matter the effort put into the conversion... Might just be a psychological thing lol...

As far as I know this VN will stop where the original version stops, unless more is added to that the original as they seem to be using the original artwork from the original game. I look forward to the party night and how this version will work... In the original its so painful to get to do the path you want correctly, and need to save to many time, so you just can go back if you made a wrong choice... Which going back or saving is just so much simpler with Ren'Py VN's then Unity VN's.... Shame the Dev of the original used Unity instead of Ren'Py.....

Reactions: SISIMEN and globsis

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
My Wife's a Star Unofficial Renpy Version

v0.03

Changelog:

What's new in version 0.03?
- New save required.

- The update ranges from the first visit to the gym to shopping with Linda and Valerie.

- Valérie's first project is available (shooting a video clip).

- The gallery has been updated with the new scenes

Additional information :
- the mac version is not tested. I don't have a mac. Sorry...

- DeviantWiz approves the port to renpy and wishes me good luck.

- I've created a new section for bugs on discord.

- Don't use patreon chat to report bugs

- I will be back on Monday because I will be travelling.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
3 days making renders and miniatures for the creation of the game page just to discover that it already exists.

OK...

Thanks I guess...
If you want, you can submit a ticket for game dev, and then you can also take over thread ownership and update whatever you want on it, if you want that is.

I'm guessing you won't see this till Monday when you get back from traveling...

Kjazz

Sep 27, 2019
Just a kind request for the dev pls don't abandoned this remakes like every other dev does..

If the main game got abandoned by his dev, I suggest u should continue this one by your own storyline nd plots nd provide VALERIA story a logical nd lil bit sinister end :D:D

Reactions: despaireducer

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
why are all the names messed up
like [darius0] and such?

Not to mention that the 2nd NTR scene with Albert shows up regardless of whether you did the first one or not. Which is just dumb.

And all the renders for the Alyssa sex scene are wrong... wow... why did you even release this version? Did you not test every path?

And then the Photoshoot went into an NTR scene without a choice... and fuck this I'm out. If the choices are going to get screwed up and not matter what's the point of you making a remake?

Oh, never mind, I looked at the script. You actually FLAT OUT ignored the choice and forced the scene. Whatever. The NTR in the original game was avoidable and a choice, if you're going to just half ass this and force it why are you bothering?

Last edited:

onefingersalute

Formerly 'underwatersparkle'
Mar 30, 2022
eh maybe will like this but i think i ended up liking the original but i dont know for sure until i try this out

4.40 star(s) 11 Votes