beedulgi

Jul 11, 2021
ermagerd WHY have I only just found this game! It's absolutely adorable and witty :giggle:
The graphics are AMAZING, and it's one of the best utilizations of the renpy engine I've ever seen!!

The Devs really know what they're doing with this game. I'm so excited to see where they take it!

Phegor

Mar 21, 2017
Words words words. This game is way too verbose. You could easily throw away one third of all dialogue and not lose any meaningful content. Another problem is lines being just one sentence - ultra annoying when a line is sometimes JUST ELLIPSIS. You could turn another one third of the dialogue into multi-sentence lines to reduce number of clicks or key presses.

HezJack

Jul 8, 2021
Words words words. This game is way too verbose. You could easily throw away one third of all dialogue and not lose any meaningful content. Another problem is lines being just one sentence - ultra annoying when a line is sometimes JUST ELLIPSIS. You could turn another one third of the dialogue into multi-sentence lines to reduce number of clicks or key presses.
What this fellow said. Game is just a massive word salad at the moment. Drawings and such are nice but just getting through the prologue section felt like a chore alone.

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021

What this fellow said. Game is just a massive word salad at the moment. Drawings and such are nice but just getting through the prologue section felt like a chore alone.
I’ll do better next time, i’m very sorry you had to go through this.

It was just my preference unconciously kicking in, I have trouble reading long sentences or wall of texts in the games that I play, I muchly prefer shorter sentences, even if it costed me more clicks, I feel uneasy when looking at longer sentences. You see clicks as a chore to do, I see long sentences as a chore to read, but…

I see now that it is isn’t the case with everyone, i will try to do multiword sentences so that you’ll have to click less next time, in chapter 3.

again, very sorry about this!

will try to minimize the ellipsis too! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

free_hk

May 20, 2020
I've played some Ace Attorney games recently. I can handle ellipses.........
Seriously, like 10% of the entire AA script is ellipses. This is nothing.

HezJack

Jul 8, 2021
I’ll do better next time, i’m very sorry you had to go through this.

It was just my preference unconciously kicking in, I have trouble reading long sentences or wall of texts in the games that I play, I muchly prefer shorter sentences, even if it costed me more clicks, I feel uneasy when looking at longer sentences. You see clicks as a chore to do, I see long sentences as a chore to read, but…

I see now that it is isn’t the case with everyone, i will try to do multiword sentences so that you’ll have to click less next time, in chapter 3.

again, very sorry about this!

will try to minimize the ellipsis too! :ROFLMAO:
Was not really a short vs long sentence structure issue, for me at least. I am not sure how to express this perfectly, but I'll try.

To me it felt more of an issue of too much in general to express the same goal. Kind of like how some people will turn a review of a simple flash game into a 50 page essay. Too much is being said/done for how little the story and character building is advancing I guess is a way to put it? Like having too many filler episodes in a season of a TV show, where it kinda doesn't really flow with the main story and ultimately doesn't matter.

An example I would give is the the prologue scene where the Goddess girl keeps getting closer to the MC(player), I'd say this entire scene could be cut down by 1/2 to 2/3rds and still adequately express the same interaction and character building.

In the end, this is just my 2 cents and I did not overly hate the experience, just the thoughts I had while playing.

Reactions: Phegor

halluva

May 18, 2017
The prologue is WAY too long and wordy. Even mashing the skip button you're just standing there for minutes looking at the same screen of two people talking with nothing changing. Then it finally looks like you're going to actually start the game... until you're RIGHT BACK AT THE SAME CONVERSATION SCREEN.

The whole game has really nice art, but takes way too long to actually read.

wraith15b

May 21, 2020
I'm loving the art and overall production value so far. However, my GOD do they drag on and on for each conversation. I got invested in the beginning thinking it'd be more serious then the game switched tone which is fine, but so many words with so little substance leads to me just holding the skip button and eventually just needing to take a break.

I think one of the major issues I see so far is the lack of player agency. Not only does the MC decide how to feel in most situations (i.e. being flustered sometimes then not others without my input), there is also very little the player can do to effect the story so far. Most of the choices presented are single options seemingly to switch up the flow which make me question why they aren't just included in regular dialogue. I guess my question is this: Is this game a Kinetic Novel where we just sit and read what goes on or a Visual Novel / Adventure type game where players can do stuff from selecting different lines (even if they lead to the same / similar response)? I usually avoid the former as they don't hold my attention, but I really can't tell what this game wants to be, even looking through other comments on the topic.

Overall, great art, great production value, interesting humor (though a bit married to references for my tastes), dragged down by the excessively verbose dialogue and lack of player agency (though if this is a KN then that is to be expected). I think I'll give the game another go but some other time.

Last edited:

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
I'm loving the art and overall production value so far. However, my GOD do they drag on and on for each conversation. I got invested in the beginning thinking it'd be more serious then the game switched tone which is fine, but so many words with so little substance leads to me just holding the skip button and eventually just needing to take a break.

I think one of the major issues I see so far is the lack of player agency. Not only does the MC decide how to feel in most situations (i.e. being flustered sometimes then not others without my input), there is also very little the player can do to effect the story so far. Most of the choices presented are single options seemingly to switch up the flow which make me question why they aren't just included in regular dialogue. I guess my question is this: Is this game a Kinetic Novel where we just sit and read what goes on or a Visual Novel / Adventure type game where players can do stuff from selecting different lines (even if they lead to the same / similar response)? I usually avoid the former as they don't hold my attention, but I really can't tell what this game wants to be, even looking through other comments on the topic.

Overall, great art, great production value, interesting humor (though a bit married to references for my tastes), dragged down by the excessively verbose dialogue and lack of player agency (though if this is a KN then that is to be expected). I think I'll give the game another go but some other time.
Hey, thank you for the feedback! :giggle:

I'm planning on adding more choices in the future but how do I explain it... hm... it's like we're not "done" with the prologue yet, so really can't do much with the branches yet. I'd definitely consider conversation variations though, but for more serious paths / story branches, probably would be starting from chapter 5 where the "prologue" really ends and everything has just really started.

So basically, we're still in the prologue... a 4 chapter long prologue that is... (I'm so sorry... :censored:)

Reactions: Sandstorm 99

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
12th Sep.png

Full Devlog:

We hear you!
We will revise the previous chapter and remove the bloat / pointless conversations to make the pacing better.
We will try to minimize the painfully excessive number of clicks!

And some of you may have noticed the bug with Rachel's CG Viewer.
That's intentional. It was a hassle to do, so I just left it.
Instead... we'll replace it with Scene Replay in the next update!

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes