FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Here's this week's report sorry for being out of touch, everyone!

In case you didn't know, my room was on renovation sine the past week so I had to "evacuate" with my laptop lol, the reason why I didn't post a devlog last week is that the usual progress image you see below isn't available on my cloud drive (I only synced the project file to my cloud drive)

Apr 12.png

As you can see from the progress bar, it's super close!
The next time you see a notification... you know it.

Thank you so much for your support, folks!
Full post:

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Mystic Ville Chapter 1 is finally here! :D
(Fresh reinstall / new save game is a must, otherwise, you'll face crashes/errors!)

First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for your support!
Gosh, can't believe we already broke through 600 members in this server...
And of course, we want to apologize for taking sooo long ... to release this. o_O

We faced some problems while the update is in development, both in our private lives and at work, but glad we sorted that out.
We also have another artist onboard (Sunflopp) with us to help out!

This release also marks the "rebirth" of the game I guess, it kinda changed the game
(You'll understand if you played the second half of Chapter 1. )

There's going to be a lot more work in the future! :LOL:

Regarding the versioning system, we decided to scrap the previous versioning system and replace it with just Chapter.
I think it fits well compared to the other alternatives, won't cause confusion, and overall looks nicer.

But that's not all, folks!

We are having a special promotion for this release by giving all patrons double the benefits for the same price.
(If you're a Muncher, you'll get the benefit of Chompers, if you're a Chomper, you'll get the benefits of CHAMP!)
(All current patrons are automatically upgraded to the Velvet roles.)

And oh yeah, we will have our first real poll on Patreon soon! Stay tuned!

Once again, thank you, everyone, for all of your kind support and we hope you like this update!

Meet Cynthia n Rachel_00000.png
Oh! Meet Cynthia & Rachel!

free_hk

May 20, 2020
Game's still being listed on F95 as 4 months old...

Hilarious (and sexy) game, by the way. Loved the "translation spell".

Mar 28, 2018
Mystic Ville Chapter 1 is finally here! :D
(Fresh reinstall / new save game is a must, otherwise, you'll face crashes/errors!)

First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for your support!
Gosh, can't believe we already broke through 600 members in this server...
And of course, we want to apologize for taking sooo long ... to release this. o_O

We faced some problems while the update is in development, both in our private lives and at work, but glad we sorted that out.
We also have another artist onboard (Sunflopp) with us to help out!

This release also marks the "rebirth" of the game I guess, it kinda changed the game
(You'll understand if you played the second half of Chapter 1. )

There's going to be a lot more work in the future! :LOL:

Regarding the versioning system, we decided to scrap the previous versioning system and replace it with just Chapter.
I think it fits well compared to the other alternatives, won't cause confusion, and overall looks nicer.

But that's not all, folks!

We are having a special promotion for this release by giving all patrons double the benefits for the same price.
(If you're a Muncher, you'll get the benefit of Chompers, if you're a Chomper, you'll get the benefits of CHAMP!)
(All current patrons are automatically upgraded to the Velvet roles.)

And oh yeah, we will have our first real poll on Patreon soon! Stay tuned!

Once again, thank you, everyone, for all of your kind support and we hope you like this update!

View attachment 1771148
Oh! Meet Cynthia & Rachel!
Heads up, this update hasn't updated on the Latest Updates page for whatever reason, so only people who are watching this thread so as to stay up to date on any updates will know about the new Chapter 1 update (that's far too many updates for one sentence).

Anyway, looking forward to playing Chapter 1 as soon as I get the time!

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
This update is so good, truly worth the wait. Had to started over because old saves won't worked but the addition dialogues are pretty fun so it's okay
The comedy still very well written and hilarious (Misty still sassy as always, now I'm convinced she can be Aqua relative for real with her smug impression), love the 2 new characters especially the nurse, new H event are really hot, great sfx and sound effect as always,.... I enjoyed this one a lot, can't wait for the next update

MK.135

May 27, 2020
would really love the game if the cg doesnt disappear after the mc pushed misty off him right near the start. tried skipping throught that part, did nothing. restarted the game and even starting a new save didnt work.

• Wow
Reactions: FruityChoco Studio
May 20, 2019
So here am I again...yeah no one cares I know.

Just gonna said that the whole thing about Misty being Diet-Aqua, in which me and serval others mentioned here like months ago just get even more surreally true.

Hey I am not complaining, Aqua is the load of Konosuba who has all the powers but don't know how to use them, I am fine when Misty just give me her power so at least this is a better plot reason for her being useless.

Also, although I like the art style very much, Misty's whole expression set is really giving me that Aqua vibe, not that it is a bad thing.
But it just draw unnecessary comparison...unless that is the whole point, in which moving on.

• Red Heart

CF15

Aug 19, 2019
Pretty enjoyable game thus far and I hope it continues.

One thing I noticed is that the art style is similar to H-artist Sena Youtarou's art, Cynthia's H-scenes reminded me of the style.

• Wow

Bood_doogler

Jun 24, 2018
Cool artwork, extremely slow pacing though. I'm all for building a story but you spend like 20 minutes clicking through the intro diaolgue on the same picture. Probably didn't need to be THAT long. Promising though.

JesterHell

Jun 2, 2017
Unfortunately I have to give this a failing mark based upon subjective opinion on a few things.

I love the art style and it seem to have good direction but the MC is a personally hated character type, reminds me way too much of Goku, Naruto, Luffy etc and I don't like any of them, never been a fan of "goofball" characters.

On top of that MC is too moralistic for my tastes, has no ID so hospital admin can't really track him but he goes there anyway and volunteers to work off his "debt"?

That is just a step too far for me, got magic, new world with no records, just ghost the hospital.

Then finally "false" choices, either choices where only one is real and others are game overs or all choices lead to the same outcome, aka no actual choice, IMHO why even bother with adding the "choice" then?

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
Unfortunately I have to give this a failing mark based upon subjective opinion on a few things.

I love the art style and it seem to have good direction but the MC is a personally hated character type, reminds me way too much of Goku, Naruto, Luffy etc and I don't like any of them, never been a fan of "goofball" characters.

On top of that MC is too moralistic for my tastes, has no ID so hospital admin can't really track him but he goes there anyway and volunteers to work off his "debt"?

That is just a step too far for me, got magic, new world with no records, just ghost the hospital.

Then finally "false" choices, either choices where only one is real and others are game overs or all choices lead to the same outcome, aka no actual choice, IMHO why even bother with adding the "choice" then?
I see...

Forgive me if I responded in a subjective way as well.

I've always liked goofballs and I wanted to make one, so there's that, you basically mentioned all my childhood.

And the morals, I agree that he is a bit "too good", realistically, people would just walk away, they aren't entitled to it, heck, even I won't. I don't have an ID, they can't track me.

The reason he is this way is maybe because I watched/read many medias with "realistic" main characters, you know, the ones who won't do anything that doesn't benefit them. They need to benefit from what they do. I guess I was just tired of it and kinda went for the "too unrealistic" type without realizing. Other adult games here play a part as well since I played bunch of them before actually making one. Most of them have cunning, sneaky, smart MC with 130+ iq strategies to outsmart, predict or even blackmail others. I wanted mine to be the opposite of that.

As for the choices, it was intended for the game to be linear because this is my first game, I may add some variations like maybe, different routes, but they'll always join up again. This sounds like I'm making excuses but it's true, I don't have the skill/confidence to make a "choices matter" game yet and opted for the safer route. But you made a valid point with the "useless" choices, I actually got the idea from another game and I personally liked it, even if it didn't change much. Do you think I should just cut down these "pointless" choices?

And of course, thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

FruityChoco Studio

Game Developer
May 27, 2021
damn thats some extremely high quality, looking forward to more from this one. maybe try post the game around on reddit or somewhere if you havent already cause i can tell this one is gonna be extremely popular when theres more content
I've tried posting on uncensoredhentai and nsfwgaming, do you have other subs for me to post to? And thanks for the tip!

Kurōzu

Nov 20, 2017
Wow the graphics of this game are amazing, I'm looking forward to more updates!
great job

4.60 star(s) 12 Votes