nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I'm having serious problems with the game; when I tried to change the settings it wouldn't let me exit, and the only time I get anything other than a blank screen with text is when fog rolls in. What's the deal?
The same. A bug. Let him in fullscreen. Don't touch settings ;). But, the game is going well.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm having serious problems with the game; when I tried to change the settings it wouldn't let me exit, and the only time I get anything other than a blank screen with text is when fog rolls in. What's the deal?
The same. A bug. Let him in fullscreen. Don't touch settings ;). But, the game is going well.
Create a "Savegames" folder in root directory of the game (next to game.exe). This will fix the settings bug for now.

bonerland if you use Windows 7 you need to install Visual C++ 2015. Make sure you install it before you install Visual C++ 2017 or newer.

If you use Windows 10 make sure your version is 1909 and you have .Net Framework 4.8 installed. On Windows 10 Visual C++ 2015 isn't required any more.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
unity is much worser than ren'py so... nope same
if you think so... just because you played games coded by inexperienced coder and/or your computer have tons of shity other applications installed, which mess with registries, has nothing to do with Unity as game engine.

Unreal is an amazing game engine too, as long as an experienced coder makes the game. But all games here on F95 using Unreal are "broken" as well.

Madridfan

Feb 10, 2018
if you think so... just because you played games coded by inexperienced coder and/or your computer have tons of shity other applications installed, which mess with registries, has nothing to do with Unity as game engine.

Unreal is an amazing game engine too, as long as an experienced coder makes the game. But all games here on F95 using Unreal are "broken" as well.
this is experience and opinion nothing else. Many dev start with unity after they tried renpy immediately redesigned they game and they will be much more better! So... and yeah a tried many many games with unity and renpy too and FOR ME never unity can be better then renpy for gameplay,for went smoothly... everything!

• Angry
Reactions: TheDevian

paloompa

Jul 4, 2018
what am I doing wrong still have none just text and no images ..... well I guess the man of the house was cool but this one really sucks sorry to be honest

Cornfield

Donor
Oct 30, 2017
I am having the same problem, after adjusting the settings, I cannot exit.
I appreciate the suggested work round, as noted below, but how do you create a "Savegames" folder, where is the root directory and I can't find anything called "game.exe".
Some us are not very techie, or budding Developers.
If the Dev knows the problem couldn't he rush out a fix ?

Create a "Savegames" folder in root directory of the game (next to game.exe). This will fix the settings bug for now.

bonerland if you use Windows 7 you need to install Visual C++ 2015. Make sure you install it before you install Visual C++ 2017 or newer.

If you use Windows 10 make sure your version is 1909 and you have .Net Framework 4.8 installed. On Windows 10 Visual C++ 2015 isn't required any more.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I am having the same problem, after adjusting the settings, I cannot exit.
I appreciate the suggested work round, as noted below, but how do you create a "Savegames" folder, where is the root directory and I can't find anything called "game.exe".
Some us are not very techie, or budding Developers.
This is how game's root directory looks. You manually have to create a new folder and name it "Savegames". Game.exe refers to Mystwood Manor.exe.
1580661129000.png
It is still an early tech demo and not meant to be shared with the public in a pirate forum.

Last edited:

sandstone7734

Nov 27, 2019
View attachment 537629

Overview:
In ancient woods the realms collide and thus the veil wears thin,
Spirits dwell and dreams shall haunt all those who stay within.
So take great heed and turn away when myst devours your sight,
Lest you get caught and forevermore lie trapped in endless night.​

Thread Updated: 2020-02-01
Release Date: 2020-01-30
Developer: Faerin
Censored: No
Version: 0.0.3 Full
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

This version does not have a lot of content yet, except for a short introduction of the main characters.

DOWNLOAD

Win: MEGA - - - -
Thanks to RandomGuy400 for sharing!

View attachment 501766 View attachment 501767 View attachment 501769 View attachment 501770 View attachment 501774 View attachment 501780
Downloaded it and it failed on the home page when selecting new game.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Downloaded it and it failed on the home page when selecting new game.
can you post your player.log file, please. It is stored in your Faerin Games folder in AppData. This might help to find the reason why some people have issues with it. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
So far so good I've really taken to this already very impressed For once I hold no ill will towards the Dad most games I want them out the way as soon as possible but as short-lived as his appearances where he seemed like a good guy. Interesting idea with the cards I picked the King one just wondering what if that will be the best option.

Reactions: Faerin

DonStark

May 4, 2017
Hi Faerin in the futur when we start the game Tarot game will propose directly a chance to obtain an epic card or there will be a limit ( The King = blue ** rare ** for example )

friendly

4.00 star(s) 242 Votes