cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I checked everything. I repeat - this update has a bug. When we press check staff and if any of the staff is in the kitchen/maintenace , the game freezes.
And it has nothing to do with audio or video equipment of the players. This is all nonsense. There are bugs in the game again. Why rush to release a rotten product?
Sorry, most of use have helped dozens of people who claimed there were a crash causing bug in the game and most of time is was the player's system causing all sort of problems.

I asked you to post your crash report which you didn't do.

So, because no one else reported the same bug you speak of I/we can assume that the "bug" is related to your system and not the game.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
tryied. dont work
The maintanance score needs to go up significantly to increase the chance for the room to be put in order again... also take into consideration that the girl actually has to spend a shift on repairing the room and it's equipment.
I checked everything. I repeat - this update has a bug. When we press check staff and if any of the staff is in the kitchen/maintenace , the game freezes.
And it has nothing to do with audio or video equipment of the players. This is all nonsense. There are bugs in the game again. Why rush to release a rotten product?
For someone asking for help you are certainly an uncooperative one... and insulting on top... in a normal hotline you'd find yourself blacklisted by now.
That aside I did what you did and have absolutely no errors or game crashes... so yours being caused by your hardware or outdated/wrong drivers is VERY likely

Last edited:
Reactions: Faerin

wildcard

Aug 12, 2016
Hey guys, are you using any external mods/cheats(engines)?
Also did you extract the game to a clean directory, instead of overwriting the previous version?

If the ansers are no and yes, could you upload your save for me, just before a crash (if you are able to reproduce this)?
Or upload your autosave as soon as the crash occurs?
Thanks a lot.
Used cheat engine to increase money in a previous version.
Copied Profile over, but otherwise it was a clean folder.
So if answer is Yes and Yes, is this due to a bug or intentional anticheat?
Autosave attached if interested. Just requires assigning Julia to front desk and pressing play for black screen to occur.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Maybe not a bug per se, but kinda distracting:
Capture.PNG
If you boost your destiny points using the wishing well your level number breaks out of its box. Also, my decade-old college Latin is bugging me that "fama uel fatum" isn't quite proper but unfortunately I'm far too rusty to come up with an alternative that would make Google Translate more cooperative (maybe "gloria uel fatum"?). "Fama" is a bit too broad to translate cleanly to "reputation" since it could mean something like "news" or "gossip" as well.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Another request here:
  • When you select the lobby at level 3 you can receive multiple guests (I haven't received multiple guests on previous level 1 and 2 so I don't know if also those levels are affected).
    If you accept the first guest, it will not be shown in upper left corner where it is shown the room available as soon as you will accept him/her.
    So when you need to accept or refuse the second guest you can't check if any job is already taken by someone else at morning/afternoon/evening.
    Can be those room icons, in top left corner, be updated as soon as you will accept a guest to the mansion?

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Before the game is released we test it extensively to eliminate as many bugs as possible, some may slip through and we won't deny that.
The problem you are experiencing is not a bug in the game but it is with your system, but you won't accept that, it has to be a bug it can't be my system, it can't be me at fault.
When asked for the log files you decided to look at them and post what you thought was relevant rather than posting the whole log so we could look through them, when asked for the crash report you didn't provide that either, but now it's the games fault
Funny there's been quite a few people that have downloaded the game, played through it and enjoyed the update there are other that have come across bugs that we have helped and got the game running for them and finally, there are others like yourself who have had problems getting the game to run and again we have helped them in the majority of cases to get the game working as they have been missing something on their rig or have had a program causing a conflict with the game.
You on the other hand don't seem to want help and just want attention

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Clarification about Amanda, I see in the changelog this:
Updated Amanda: She is now recruitable from level 1 onwards and will be available Monday through Friday morning. Training with her will cost 50 energy (down from 100), and she will give you a random percentage of experience between 25%-50% of the current level up to the maximum of the current hotel level. Added the current time of day to the top bar.

I have set Laura to be trained, and she has level 3 for healthcare, level 1 for massage and swimming pool, so I have belived that Amanda should train the two skills which aren't at the hotel level, but unfortunately I see that in summary screen at the end of the shift Amanda has trained Laura for healthcare, is it wanted?
Because my current hotel level is 3, but I don't understand if Amanda can train the skill from level 2 to level 3, and than she stops to teach the team member, or she can train even from level 3 to level 4

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Autosave attached if interested. Just requires assigning Julia to front desk and pressing play for black screen to occur.
Thanks for the save (and for being helpful instead of just complaining).
I'll have a look at it and report my findings later.

Clarification about Amanda, I see in the changelog this:
Updated Amanda: She is now recruitable from level 1 onwards and will be available Monday through Friday morning. Training with her will cost 50 energy (down from 100), and she will give you a random percentage of experience between 25%-50% of the current level up to the maximum of the current hotel level. Added the current time of day to the top bar.

I have set Laura to be trained, and she has level 3 for healthcare, level 1 for massage and swimming pool, so I have belived that Amanda should train the two skills which aren't at the hotel level, but unfortunately I see that in summary screen at the end of the shift Amanda has trained Laura for healthcare, is it wanted?
Because my current hotel level is 3, but I don't understand if Amanda can train the skill from level 2 to level 3, and than she stops to teach the team member, or she can train even from level 3 to level 4
She trains a random skill up to 99% of the current hotel level.
So this is working as intented.
However, someone did suggest to change it to the lowest skill, instead of a random one, which isn't a bad idea either, I think.

Maybe not a bug per se, but kinda distracting:
View attachment 880819
If you boost your destiny points using the wishing well your level number breaks out of its box. Also, my decade-old college Latin is bugging me that "fama uel fatum" isn't quite proper but unfortunately I'm far too rusty to come up with an alternative that would make Google Translate more cooperative (maybe "gloria uel fatum"?). "Fama" is a bit too broad to translate cleanly to "reputation" since it could mean something like "news" or "gossip" as well.
Yeah, I basically just grabbed some words that would make "some" sense.
It's not really meant to be correct.
However the 22 tier is a bug, it's not supposed to go over tier 3, so I'll fix that one.
Thanks!

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Thanks to the save you posted I was able to easily find the bug.
It appears that your guestlevel is set to 0 somehow (1 should be the minimum).
By clicking and holding the little white square in the lobby (which is supposed to show the current level, but 0 doesn't exist, so it shows a white square) and setting it to 1, you should be able to fix this.

I'll make sure that won't happen anymore in the next version.
Thanks for the help!

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
Faerin i love MotH and when the prologue of mystwood manor came out i was total flashed.
but i was confused in the earlier versions what to do!? o_O

now i had a little bit time to play this version and could familiarize myself whith the game-mechanic.
no bugs, no crash,no distraction from the outside world...i enjoyed every minute so far. :giggle:
what can I say, good work...I definitive follow the progress and wish U good luck and hope this become succesful like MotH.:love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Faerin and Old Dog

markus_ac

Nov 20, 2018
Thanks to the save you posted I was able to easily find the bug.
It appears that your guestlevel is set to 0 somehow (1 should be the minimum).
By clicking and holding the little white square in the lobby (which is supposed to show the current level, but 0 doesn't exist, so it shows a white square) and setting it to 1, you should be able to fix this.

I'll make sure that won't happen anymore in the next version.
Thanks for the help!
How can I change the Guestlevel if I have the same problem?
I remember that I saw there also a white square.

Regards
Markus

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but why aren't any guests coming to the hotel who want to use the gym or sauna? All any body ever wants is restaurant, kitchen and bar... :unsure:
Since nobody has answered this it seems: set the guest level to 3 in the lobby when Julia is there, the small number in the white circle. If you did that, it is probably just bad luck and you have to keep on trying.

didnt check this game in a while and welll... its been what 11+ months... this is the same dev that made man of the house rite ? im confused how it got to this point, he was so productive :confused:
To add to all that has been said: Right now it is the engine being revved up (the gameplay groundwork being laid), once that is done, I think the story will advance at a faster pace.

Hi everyone. Does anyone know how to get Mr Orville to upgrade his guest status? And why haven't I get any request for the fitness center, sauna o masage from the guests?
Similar to two above, you need to look for a higher level in the lobby. Also do his "quests" by looking for him if he is there. If you serve Orville properly he will upgrade. He doesn't need the well to do so, but the well later needs him to translate.

When you talk to her, did you try other options? She ask if she is beaultifull in the middle of talk, only one of the answers make the game progress, the botton one if i remember.
Generally speaking: some of the events give you a choice. If the story does not advance after an event, you have to do the same thing again but with the other choice. Often it is "Check it out or not/talk to her or not", where not doing something is not advancing, but e. g. mom in the kitchen or sis on the bed during housekeeping it is not as straightforward.

Even if you were completely right and the error is in the game, you would still need to upload all requested data to give Faerin a shot at finding it. And any program can and will have bugs, that is not necessarily a "rotten product", nor result of a "rush". Everything else has been said already but the part about the lack of politeness bears repeating.

so can you have sex with the mom or sis yet? I grinded for hours in this game and I haven't even got a blowjob yet. wtf
You not only need to advance the hotel but also the individual storylines, go to the employee tab and check on "progress" what you should be doing. There is one BJ you'll be getting this way, but generally speaking this game isn't as fast paced as others (and that's a good thing IMO, for my needs it may even be a bit on the "too fast" side of things).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
General feedback: now it seems like the engine starts revving up, this was a good update. Cave and troll merchant are still missing. I was going to say that the Wishing Well is completely OP, but you already stated that it going above level 3 is a bug, so not that bad. Still, 10k gold is nothing once you have the hotel running at level 3, and trading that for a card like "The Wicked" is more than worth it.

Generally I think that money may be too easy to come by, but that would possibly change if I didn't play "update after update" where I invariably will have a couple days just earning money hunting after some goal (like getting Kay to level 3 in the bar or similar) while when playing the finished product I would have things to spend the money on already.

I am not entirely sure but I think "Sleeping Beauty" either has a bug or a misleading description. In the vein of all internet posters I will refuse the option that I somehow overlooked something.

I gave it to our favourite masseuse, since her services were sought after, but suddenly she was out of energy. Could it be that the energy restoring only works for a rest but not for the night? (Would be good actually, since otherwise combined with the wicked you'd have two employees who could work non stop without worries, including lessons by Amanda, which might be a bit much. But then the description doesn't really give it away.)

Also I think, regarding Isabella's readings, card doublettes should not appear in choices, less for gameplay reasons but more for immersion, and the Myst maybe should only appear once cards are really out.

But again, this is shaping up to be a nice game. Don't get distracted by the people who are just here for the quick fap, this may just not be their game, but those who can't wait are more likely to voice their opinion than the more relaxed types.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes