MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
As for the girls exp being set back to zero did you notice that their levels had increased to level 4
Yeah, except they're suddenly as useless as Level 1 staff. I brought on two new Level 4 guests and my staff, who were routinely hitting 80%+ at Level 3 in 0.3, could barely muster 40% with Level 4 stats. Additionally, their bars started filling up again, so unless there's a Level 5 it means their effective experience is back at 0. It's definitely a bug.

DrakaF

Dec 4, 2020
Thanks for the update.
Let's hope the hardware-crash will be fixed and nice renders will appear in January.
Now it seems to be just a hotelmanagement update unfortunately.
Still... respect for the good work!

Reactions: Faerin and Sycho

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
It takes him awhile to set up his games. Then its on like Donky Kong. Just give it about 3-4 more updates.

Reactions: Faerin

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Yeah, except they're suddenly as useless as Level 1 staff. I brought on two new Level 4 guests and my staff, who were routinely hitting 80%+ at Level 3 in 0.3, could barely muster 40% with Level 4 stats. Additionally, their bars started filling up again, so unless there's a Level 5 it means their effective experience is back at 0. It's definitely a bug.
Not necessarily, there has been some rebalancing done in the game, but it is the same as before you have a staff member who has zero exp at level 4, so there is no way she will satisfy a level 4 guest
If you take guests at level 3 and satisfy them, raise your exp at level 4 use the items, cards and room upgrades then after a few guests you will be able to easily satisfy a level 4 guest it's not a bug it's a step up in difficulty and management skills

ttttrrrrr

Aug 15, 2020
As of right now, there are only 45 tarot cards you can get. To your last question (well, not really a question per se), new content couldn't be added due to the hardware crash. There were supposed to be a few events for the new girls in this update, but due to unforeseen circumstances, those won't get added in right now. They'll be in the next update. As the saying goes, patience is a virtue. :)
Well, Im pretty sure I only have about what, 20 cards, certainly not all, given that at the last few readings I had I still had several options. But now when I go to Isabella, she says the cards have no more destiny for me or something along those lines..

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Well, Im pretty sure I only have about what, 20 cards, certainly not all, given that at the last few readings I had I still had several options. But now when I go to Isabella, she says the cards have no more destiny for me or something along those lines..
Could you give us the autosave so we can take a look at it

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Not necessarily, there has been some rebalancing done in the game, but it is the same as before you have a staff member who has zero exp at level 4, so there is no way she will satisfy a level 4 guest
If you take guests at level 3 and satisfy them, raise your exp at level 4 use the items, cards and room upgrades then after a few guests you will be able to easily satisfy a level 4 guest it's not a bug it's a step up in difficulty and management skills
This is a Level 3 guest in 0.3.0.6 for room service. Julia's skills here are maxed out at Level 3 as well:

This is a Level 3 guest in 0.4.0.6 for room service, freshly checked in starting from the exact same save. Julia's skills are apparently at Level 4 and she should have the exact same level of experience:

It's not exactly the same guest (because existing guests from an 0.3 save are broken in 0.4), but that's a massive decrease in efficiency when she's supposed to be at max level. And when I check in a Level 4 guest, none of my staff are able to satisfy them even after I've bought all the extra satisfaction perks in each room. Additionally, if Julia is supposed to be at Level 4 (the stated max for this version) why is her skill bar still increasing here?:

As I said, I'm pretty sure this is a bug. The experience points got reset to zero but the skill level didn't, so there's something wonky going on. I'm not going to go to the mat for this, but I'd appreciate Faerin weighing in on the matter rather than continuing to speculate what's going on under the hood.

Reactions: Michel Mak

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
This is a Level 3 guest in 0.3.0.6 for room service. Julia's skills here are maxed out at Level 3 as well:

This is a Level 3 guest in 0.4.0.6 for room service, freshly checked in starting from the exact same save. Julia's skills are apparently at Level 4 and she should have the exact same level of experience:

It's not exactly the same guest (because existing guests from an 0.3 save are broken in 0.4), but that's a massive decrease in efficiency when she's supposed to be at max level. And when I check in a Level 4 guest, none of my staff are able to satisfy them even after I've bought all the extra satisfaction perks in each room. Additionally, if Julia is supposed to be at Level 4 (the stated max for this version) why is her skill bar still increasing here?:

As I said, I'm pretty sure this is a bug. The experience points got reset to zero but the skill level didn't, so there's something wonky going on. I'm not going to go to the mat for this, but I'd appreciate Faerin weighing in on the matter rather than continuing to speculate what's going on under the hood.
I won't argue as I see your point, but I will stand by what I said previously if you have zero experience at level 4 you will not automatically satisfy a level 4 guest and need to boost your exp at that level, plus I'm not sure of the difficulty increment between level 3 and level 4. As far as I know it was going to be harder to please guests at level 4 and 5 in chats with him
But I will let the boss weigh in here Faerin to explain the algorithm

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
I won't argue as I see your point, but I will stand by what I said previously if you have zero experience at level 4 you will not automatically satisfy a level 4 guest and need to boost your exp at that level, plus I'm not sure of the difficulty increment between level 3 and level 4. As far as I know it was going to be harder to please guests at level 4 and 5 in chats with him
But I will let the boss weigh in here Faerin to explain the algorithm
I guess my point was largely that in previous updates the game took my characters' existing experience numbers (which were pretty substantial) and simply upgraded their levels to match. Here, it looks like it tried to reset things to reflect the new gameplay adjustments and something got lost in the shuffle. Behold Amber, who had something like 3000 experience points in bartending previously in this save, completely fail to hit even the lowest clear point for Level 4 Denise:

Another possible bug: when the week was up and it came time to rehire the staff, they suddenly decided to work for free. I know they're all hot for the MC's staff training sessions, but I doubt they'd be this generous. Joking aside, only Laura has the tarot card for zero salary equipped.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I guess my point was largely that in previous updates the game took my characters' existing experience numbers (which were pretty substantial) and simply upgraded their levels to match. Here, it looks like it tried to reset things to reflect the new gameplay adjustments and something got lost in the shuffle. Behold Amber, who had something like 3000 experience points in bartending previously in this save, completely fail to hit even the lowest clear point for Level 4 Denise:

Another possible bug: when the week was up and it came time to rehire the staff, they suddenly decided to work for free. I know they're all hot for the MC's staff training sessions, but I doubt they'd be this generous. Joking aside, only Laura has the tarot card for zero salary equipped.
Yeah the work for free bug was a Christmas present from Faerin, there were probably things that were missed in this update, so thanks for pointing it out, and I will leave it to the boss to sort it out, as it does seem like there is something missing from the algorithm.
In truth, it's always nice to be proved wrong because we can't catch everything so thanks as well for at least taking an interest and not moaning that you couldn't screw Julia this update :giggle:

Reactions: Faerin

Wistil

Sep 9, 2018
Yeah, seeing it from the start also, was just waiting until the weekend (game) to grab a screenie.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes