TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
CCCP is outdated for years. You should switch over to K-Lite Codec Pack.
I don't use either personally, as a video encoder I need the full codecs, so I haven't followed those for years, I didn't know that.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Sorry, but this didn't work for me.
Are there some other solutions or ideas?
Have you tried updating your video card drivers to the latest build, or as has been suggested install the K lite codec pack
If all else fails join us here and we can find a solution for you

Reactions: TheDevian
Feb 8, 2019
1st: thanks fp

Were you able to play his other game?
Yes, MotH was my path to find Mystwood Manor...
Have you tried updating your video card drivers to the latest build, or as has been suggested install the K lite codec pack
If all else fails join us here and we can find a solution for you
Although I was reported my drivers already were up to date, I updated AMD CCC, due to the directory name, it was the version for Win 7 (but the same version number). I also installed K-Lite v1541.
But no success.
I don't believe in ß-drivers, so I didn't try them.

I've "played" the intro several times. I get a background animation during the 1st menu, (where to chose, new game, cont, load or quit), the 2nd menu, where to choose the difficulty. After that, I get the text box and a black screen behind.
Since I was tired to read the introduction over and over again, I fastforwarded it, and I saw, that sometimes, the black background brightens up a little, and I get the fog serval times.
I cannot follow the Isabelle's order to reveal a card or even to choose one of them. (I clicked on almos every pixed in the game screen.)
At this point, I also learned, that the ESC-key doesn't work here.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
1st: thanks fp

Yes, MotH was my path to find Mystwood Manor...

Although I was reported my drivers already were up to date, I updated AMD CCC, due to the directory name, it was the version for Win 7 (but the same version number). I also installed K-Lite v1541.
But no success.
I don't believe in ß-drivers, so I didn't try them.

I've "played" the intro several times. I get a background animation during the 1st menu, (where to chose, new game, cont, load or quit), the 2nd menu, where to choose the difficulty. After that, I get the text box and a black screen behind.
Since I was tired to read the introduction over and over again, I fastforwarded it, and I saw, that sometimes, the black background brightens up a little, and I get the fog serval times.
I cannot follow the Isabelle's order to reveal a card or even to choose one of them. (I clicked on almos every pixed in the game screen.)
At this point, I also learned, that the ESC-key doesn't work here.
Do you have one or two video cards, also does your motherboard have a built-in video card

Feb 8, 2019
The only GPU is onboard.
CPU: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7560D
I know neither the best GPU nor a new one.

Since Win 7 I don't dare to edit the registry anymore. Maybe this helps you a little bit to estimate my knowlegde about Windows 10.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The only GPU is onboard.
CPU: AMD A8-5600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7560D
I know neither the best GPU nor a new one.

Since Win 7 I don't dare to edit the registry anymore. Maybe this helps you a little bit to estimate my knowlegde about Windows 10.
Just to confirm, are you using the Radeon drivers with Catalyst Control Center?

Feb 8, 2019
Is there a difference?
I installed the drivers, which are provided by AMD.
And they are those, which "belong" to the CPU/GPU-combo, since there are no actual drivers just for the GPU.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Is there a difference?
I installed the drivers, which are provided by AMD.
And they are those, which "belong" to the CPU/GPU-combo, since there are no actual drivers just for the GPU.
As you seem to be on here for a very limited amount of time, and only once a day, this could probably take months before we resolve your issue.
I again ask you to join us on and we can help you live, and we do resolve over 99% of people's issues with not being able to play the game, because trying to resolve your issue here is a waste of your time and ours.
Thanks

Larry5168

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019
Hello guys,
I wanna find out a release date of v.5.0. Are any news published concerning above-mentioned update?

Feb 8, 2019
As you seem to be on here for a very limited amount of time, and only once a day, this could probably take months before we resolve your issue.
I again ask you to join us on and we can help you live, and we do resolve over 99% of people's issues with not being able to play the game, because trying to resolve your issue here is a waste of your time and ours.
Yeah, you're right. This might take months.
Limited time also means, my loss of Quality Of Life is also limited to a low level.
I don't insinst to play this game, but there is an issue with my computer. And this issue has to be solved.

The invitation to Discord is invalid. As I'm already at Discord, I think the invitation must be expired.

ED:
I'm not firm with unity.
Is there an option to create a log or something similar?

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yeah, you're right. This might take months.
Limited time also means, my loss of Quality Of Life is also limited to a low level.
I don't insinst to play this game, but there is an issue with my computer. And this issue has to be solved.

The invitation to Discord is invalid. As I'm already at Discord, I think the invitation must be expired.
Try this link instead to join us on . And as I mentioned before, the problem lies with the video card drivers you're using. If your drivers include Catalyst Control Center (aka CCC), then it will cause problems with most, if not all Unity games (we've seen this issue before and I have witnessed it firsthand). Upgrading your video card to Crimson will correct the problem. You will need to uninstall your current drivers first.

Feb 8, 2019
Try this link instead to join us on . And as I mentioned before, the problem lies with the video card drivers you're using. If your drivers include Catalyst Control Center (aka CCC), then it will cause problems with most, if not all Unity games (we've seen this issue before and I have witnessed it firsthand). Upgrading your video card to Crimson will correct the problem. You will need to uninstall your current drivers first.
I'll try both the crimson driver and discord.
As I've to uninstall the CCC first, I'll change the driver in a few hours.
Of course you get a feedback here. Maybe this is helpful for other users, too.

I'm a little surprised, that the CCC causes problems, as I didn't encounter problems with other unity games. Maybe it's the version. MM comes along with unityplayer.dll v2019.2.x, while the other games use older versions (e.g. MoTH: 2018.1.x)

Larry sent me a PM with another invitation link exactly 6 min early than your post...
Both links point to the same server. I've logged in, so wo can write there, if neccessary.

Reactions: larry5168

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I'll try both the crimson driver and discord.
As I've to uninstall the CCC first, I'll change the driver in a few hours.
Of course you get a feedback here. Maybe this is helpful for other users, too.

I'm a little surprised, that the CCC causes problems, as I didn't encounter problems with other unity games. Maybe it's the version. MM comes along with unityplayer.dll v2019.2.x, while the other games use older versions (e.g. MoTH: 2018.1.x)

Larry sent me a PM with another invitation link exactly 6 min early than your post...
Both links point to the same server. I've logged in, so wo can write there, if neccessary.
I've noticed the issue not only with MwM, but also with MotH as well and in all cases Larry and I have had to help with, CCC was the major problem child (aside from a couple of other unrelated programs). I'm not exactly sure why as I've never looked into it (I probably should at some point.. lol). But 9 times out of 10, Crimson or Adrenaline (sadly, your card doesn't support the latter) fixed the problem.

But yeah, if you still run into issues, ping Larry or I on Discord and we'll see what we can do from there.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes