YoRHa_A2

Aug 6, 2017
Go into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display adapters and post a screenshot of that, please.
Sure:
c03542354.jpg
I know that's a pretty old, but it should be fine still, right?

Additional to what Sycho already wrote also please add your player/output log. The log file is stored in your user's hidden AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games folder.
There's no log file there, only for MotH. I am guessing because I didn't even get to start the game?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Sure:
View attachment 1023807
I know that's a pretty old, but it should be fine still, right?

There's no log file there, only for MotH. I am guessing because I didn't even get to start the game?
According to the specs, there's one 1GB VRAM on your GPU. While that won't work with displaying the animations smoothly, you should still be at least seeing something other than a black screen, even if it's a still image.

What OS are you using?

YoRHa_A2

Aug 6, 2017
Even if the game crash at the loading scene a log file should be created.

Did you check Event Viewer? Visual C++ 2015 x86 installed?
The game does not crash though, it just stays on a black screen.
Also, yes, I made sure to install VC++ 2015 x86 correctly.
For event viewer, I did not notice anything strange there, to my knowledge a least.

According to the specs, there's one 1GB VRAM on your GPU. While that won't work with displaying the animations smoothly, you should still be at least seeing something other than a black screen, even if it's a still image.

What OS are you using?
Yeah, I figured I'd at least be able to start the game.
I am using Windows 7.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The game does not crash though, it just stays on a black screen.
Also, yes, I made sure to install VC++ 2015 x86 correctly.
For event viewer, I did not notice anything strange there, to my knowledge a least.

Yeah, I figured I'd at least be able to start the game.
I am using Windows 7.
Unfortunately, Win7 users for now will have to disable the videos in the settings screen until we can test the animation on older hardware/OS.

Remove the check mark from "Play videos" and that should solve the black screen issue.

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
It seems that you have look into the wrong folder insted of AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games you have look into AppData/LocalLow/Faerin. Please recheck it for the log file ^^

Also you can send a DXDiag log. It contain all neccesary information about your System. To do that press Windows+R and type in the newly open Dialogbox dxdiag. A new windows open . The you click save all information and attached that file here in the forum.

Reactions: Obsidian01

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It seems that you have look into the wrong folder insted of AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games you have look into AppData/LocalLow/Faerin. Please recheck it for the log file ^^
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor\
The other folder is for MotH; C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin\Man of the House\

:)

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor\
The other folder is for MotH; C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin\Man of the House\

:)
I know that . I have seen that there was a mistake .

With %userprofile%\appdata\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor everybody will open the correct dir. This will minimze errors.

Reactions: Obsidian01

YoRHa_A2

Aug 6, 2017
Unfortunately, Win7 users for now will have to disable the videos in the settings screen until we can test the animation on older hardware/OS.

Remove the check mark from "Play videos" and that should solve the black screen issue.
I can't do that, because as I pointed out, the black screen appear right after the game finishes loading the assets, which takes about 3s. is there a way or a config file where I can disable this without having to do it ingame?

I know that . I have seen that there was a mistake .

With %userprofile%\appdata\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor everybody will open the correct dir. This will minimze errors.
Oh... I feel dumb now. TY for pointing that out!

cold_arctus
Sycho

here's my log file:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I can't do that, because as I pointed out, the black screen appear right after the game finishes loading the assets, which takes about 3s. is there a way or a config file where I can disable this without having to do it ingame?
Open your settings.ini file in any text editor. It should look similar to this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <language>english</language>
  <quality_level>5</quality_level>
  <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
  <master_vol>0.41544196</master_vol>
  <music_vol>0.425475776</music_vol>
  <resolution>1920 x 1080</resolution>
  <videos>true</videos>
  <bloom>true</bloom>
  <fog>true</fog>
  <skip_unseen>true</skip_unseen>
  <auto_speed>5</auto_speed>
  <ui_animations>true</ui_animations>
  <manual_vip_interactions>true</manual_vip_interactions>
  <hints>true</hints>
</settings>
Change to "<videos>false</videos>", save and reload your game.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Didn't realise that Win 10 is almost 6 years old now!
I stayed with Win 7 for quite a while, too. Had to build a new PC 4 years back, that was what prompted me to move to Win 10. Been quite pleased with it, all in all.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
It depends on the % required.
Level 4 girl with Level 4 skill will provide 60%. When you say "Lv4 half filled", do you mean the girl's staff level, or her massage skill level?
Cards give 5% each, up to 15%. You'll need "Courtesan" as the 3rd card.
Inventory item gives 5%.
Room item gives 5%.

That gives you a total of 85%, which will VIP 4 all guests.

So you need to make sure that the total % is high enough to match what the guest requires.
Also, in the massage room, did you select the correct massage type?
Just to clarify, when I say "L4.5" in that earlier post, I mean the skill in question AND the "general" level is 4, and the dial is half-filled to the next level. See below, where Julia is L4 and 100%, and the formula still doesn't work quite like people have previously stated -

1612662171750.png
1612662227414.png
1612662254071.png
1612662295410.png
1612662365938.png

And yes, I picked the right option (I have the Fortune Teller equipped).

I should have hit 80% according to the several descriptions, but as you see I do not. So now I have 2 questions -

1) My original question that no one has answered: Is the disparity between a level 3 and level 4 guest expected? If it really is as different as it seems, level 5 guests will require cash bribes to be satisfied.

2) Is the formula that several people have posted (including the quoted post) correct, and I have a bug or something; OR is the formula incorrect and this kind of failure is expected?

Reactions: EZ8lt

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Just to clarify, when I say "L4.5" in that earlier post, I mean the skill in question AND the "general" level is 4, and the dial is half-filled to the next level. See below, where Julia is L4 and 100%, and the formula still doesn't work quite like people have previously stated -

I should have hit 80% according to the several descriptions, but as you see I do not. So now I have 2 questions -

1) My original question that no one has answered: Is the disparity between a level 3 and level 4 guest expected? If it really is as different as it seems, level 5 guests will require cash bribes to be satisfied.

2) Is the formula that several people have posted (including the quoted post) correct, and I have a bug or something; OR is the formula incorrect and this kind of failure is expected?
Yeah, seems that you're missing 5% from what you should have.
60% for skill.
+ 10% for Cards.
+5% for inventory item.
+ 5% for room item.
You should be hitting 80%. Strange.

I had the same thing in the massage room, once. Laura had previously satisfied her when I did it manually the first time, then failed on auto the following time she visited.
I reloaded & equipped the Courtesan card to make her 85%, just to be sure. She passed without issue then.
I also found that when Sofia is in the Dining Room, I needed to have Courtesan equipped to Amber in the restaurant. Having it equipped to Julia, in the kitchen, brought a failure.

Re your questions:
1. 85% is currently achieveable. It depends how much extra the girls gain when they reach Lv. 5.
We may also get some new items or cards with higher increases. An extra inventory item with a 10% increase would only leave 5% increase required for Lv. 5 skill to make them reach 100%.
2. AFAIK the formula stands correct. As much as your post shows it not to. I do not know why my girl, or yours, both failed. I also do not understand why yours is only achieving 75%, when the items should take her to 80% and satisfaction. That's peculiar but I cannot replicate as I already have the guest at VIP, so cannot see the % I reach as it's on auto now.
I just know that increasing it to 85% removed any problem.

Edit: Just ran a test, with Nora Walsh (the nun) as guest. She needs 70%.
I put Kay in the kitchen. She only has Courtesan card equipped.
So 60% + 5% from card + 5% from room item.
She satisfied the guest.

Last edited:

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017

View attachment 1024090
View attachment 1024091
View attachment 1024092
View attachment 1024093
View attachment 1024100

Can you post your save so we can check?

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017

Oh... I feel dumb now. TY for pointing that out!

cold_arctus
Sycho

here's my log file:
Have you imported some old "profile" folder that contains save files or are you playing for the first time this game?

Wolfman1987

Feb 17, 2019
Game seems to refuse to continue during the julia night time handjob, gets to screen, but no amount of clicking moves forward, can roll back (sometimes), but then the image stays the same, even when rolling back to the question of leaving bed or even entering room.....any ideas? (already tried disabling videos)

Reactions: Ebashu

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Game seems to refuse to continue during the julia night time handjob, gets to screen, but no amount of clicking moves forward, can roll back (sometimes), but then the image stays the same, even when rolling back to the question of leaving bed or even entering room.....any ideas? (already tried disabling videos)
If you have disabled the videos from game settings you shouldn't have any issue.
Can you post your logs from %userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor ?

Reactions: Exoplast
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes