KaneB.C.

Donor
Jan 22, 2018
When I first played this game it look very interesting. Was Actually looking forward to this update and it looks to me, like the game is focused on hotel management, FTW? delete for me, moving on.

• Angry
Reactions: fz

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well nice start but the freezing in this last version is crap ... first time it´s frozen in the Kitchen after Diane checkt in the second time (and 2nd time in kitchen on this stay) and second time when she checkt out (only option button worked anymore) ...

and BTW the Cleaning should be checkt, attached the gals to it and it goes only down, but it´s cheatable, just drop the gal out and the other in, do that few times and youre up at 100 again
Just to be sure, are you extracting the game to a clean folder? Also, are you using an earlier save? If yes to either of those, extract the game to a new folder and start a new game. Don't transfer your saves over from v0.0.4. The mapping file is fine to transfer over though.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Nope, Clean Extraction only without a Savegame and without the Incest file ... Just a Clean New Game start
Ok, thanks for that. It sounds like it might be your video card. I'd start by checking the drivers are current. Since the game isn't crashing, your player.log won't tell us much at all, unfortunately in this situation. Then again, it may have to do with the fact that MwM uses WebP instead of JPG/PNG.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well the Driver is the Lastest and never had a prob with WebP format ... just dunno whats wrong ... this problem happend only here in MwM
Has it happened in prior versions that you know of?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Nope, this is the first version i encountered this prob ... early version worked all fine
Well, it's a long shot, but could you attach your player.log please? It's worth a shot at least.

It's in C:\Users\account-name\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
How do we unlock the sister? All i have is "this is not ready check next update" when i go to the staff areas and the sister doesn't even show up as a character to talk to?

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
Of course it is possible. However, the game is still an early tech demo and therefore there is no reason to compile and/or release a Mac build yet.
- -
This doesn't make any sense - if that is the reason why does this game have 6 different languages??
And why aren't the other games in early stages following the same example then?
Adding a Mac version (and as well Linux and Android) would just be beneficial. There would be a bigger number of people playing and supporting the game.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Nope, this is the first version i encountered this prob ... early version worked all fine
I didn't want you to think I'd forgotten about you. Both larry5168 and I tried several different translations to make sure it wasn't that which was causing the game to freeze up on you and we had no problems there. So we can rule that out.

Since you said this hasn't happened in earlier versions, there's something I'd like for you to try if you don't mind. Microsoft released a buggy patch during the most recent Patch Tuesday update cycle, namely . We think it may be that update that's causing you grief. If you uninstall that and restart your computer, try reloading MwM and see if you still notice the same problem. If you do, exit the game, go into C:\Users\user-account\AppData\LocalLow and delete the "Faerin Games" folder.

Then try reloading MwM. One of those two options might solve the problem.

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
This is not a game ! This is demo version 3 ! Nothing to do ! Who open hotel with lobby and kitchen ??? New demo with new bugs !!! Guest check out and can`t do anything after that ! To earn money for hotel e need to play demo 100000 days to have enough money ??? 1568450336_s-epeek03.png

Reactions: Scotty1212

aussieblue

Jan 17, 2020
Can you give us a bit more information, can you start it up, has it locked up on you, your post really doesn't help

Have you tried again does this happen everytime
It happened once, I closed the game then re-launched it and it did it again

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
It happened once, I closed the game then re-launched it and it did it again
Try the suggestions I gave to Trojaner and see if one of them solves the problem.

Otherwise, make sure that you didn't overwrite the earlier version (it needs to be extracted to a new folder) and that you didn't transfer your previous save(s) over.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
- -
This doesn't make any sense - if that is the reason why does this game have 6 different languages??
And why aren't the other games in early stages following the same example then?
Adding a Mac version (and as well Linux and Android) would just be beneficial. There would be a bigger number of people playing and supporting the game.
You said it yourself the game is in the early stages, the reason it has six languages is that not everyone speaks English and that in itself attracts a higher audience As the game is in the very early stages of development, it is easier for a single dev to concentrate on one build first and add content to that rather than to try and split himself between 3 or 4 different platforms.
This dev already has one very popular completed game and only released the Mac version towards the end of development on that game, as he had one stable platform and could concentrate on another, as for an Android version that may well come in the future, as for Linux, I can tell you I work on another popular game that has a Linux build and I don't think the downloads have exceeded three figures yet.

The progression for girls stays blank. Is it implemented or just not yet?
Here’s the new release. In this version, most of the tutorial and management mechanics are completed. After unlocking Amber, there isn’t a lot to do yet, but starting the next update you will be able to receive more guests, go up to the next hotel level. and build some new rooms (and of course, see the corresponding scenes and outfits).

That's straight out of the Changelog

This is not a game ! This is demo version 3 ! Nothing to do ! Who open hotel with lobby and kitchen ??? New demo with new bugs !!! Guest check out and can`t do anything after that ! To earn money for hotel e need to play demo 100000 days to have enough money ??? View attachment 600044
What did you expect from a very early version of the game, and I refer to the Changelog above, as for new bugs would you mind telling us what bugs you ran into so we can fix them, rather than moaning because you feel the game isn't going the way you want it.

Reactions: cold_arctus

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
You said it yourself the game is in the early stages, the reason it has six languages is that not everyone speaks English and that in itself attracts a higher audience As the game is in the very early stages of development, it is easier for a single dev to concentrate on one build first and add content to that rather than to try and split himself between 3 or 4 different platforms.
This dev already has one very popular completed game and only released the Mac version towards the end of development on that game, as he had one stable platform and could concentrate on another, as for an Android version that may well come in the future, as for Linux, I can tell you I work on another popular game that has a Linux build and I don't think the downloads have exceeded three figures yet.
I hope you are right and that Faerin will release different versions towards the end of the development. Apparently that never happened with Man of the House...

Arshavinstyle

Donor
Feb 28, 2020
¿And this basic or full version?
5€ and 10€ basic, more than this is full version with cheats, content and more scenes.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I hope you are right and that Faerin will release different versions towards the end of the development. Apparently that never happened with Man of the House...
Sure it did. There's a PC and Mac version available on Steam. However, Faerin has said on a number of occasions that he has no plans to release an Android version of MotH. We've also echoed his response to the Android port question. Yet that still never stops people from asking for one.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
And this basic or full version?
If you can select "Story mode", "Hard" or "Nightmare" (even though they haven't been implemented yet) and they don't say "Unavailable in the BASIC version", then you have the full release.

Reactions: parqueo
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes