Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
There won't be a support for ultrawide resolutions.

EDIT: not yet, maybe later.
I don't mind playing at a different resolution. The problem is it is completely UNPLAYABLE in its current state if you run an ultrawide monitor...

The window itself cannot be resized, so the buttons that appear in the interface cannot be accessed. If there was a way to set it as 1920x1080, that would be fine.

EDIT: This was the interface when I loaded it just now...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
EDIT2: Tried deleting and unzipping it again, but it is still like this. It's a carry-over of when I tried putting it on my 1080x1920 (portrait) monitor by using Windows+Right and then bringing it back with Windows+Left. Tried it a second time and it got smaller. Now, I can't even load the game to show you what the interface looks like when opened originally on an ultrawide monitor.

EDIT3: I've even deleted the game directory as well as this game's and MOTH's Faerin folders. There is some setting somewhere forcing your game to that resolution pasted above.

EDIT4: I'd like to show the interface presented for the Rick & Morty game that uses Unity as well.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Available resolutions are presented before the game actually loads. 1920 x 1080 windowed is perfectly acceptable.

EDIT5: <put spoiler tags around the images to save scroll space>

Last edited:
Reactions: Faerin and Bullet01

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
I don't mind playing at a different resolution. The problem is it is completely UNPLAYABLE in its current state if you run an ultrawide monitor...
Thanks for doing all those tests and letting me know.
Some background information:

1. The settings are detected at first launch and then stored in the settings.ini file (in the profile folder).
If you delete this, it will use your current resolution again until changed.
2. Alt+enter can be used to switch to windowed mode (this is standard in Windows).
But unfortunately that won't help you, as the window isn't resizeable in the current build.
3. I am not using the launch dialog you showed (I did use this for MotH) as it being deprecated and developers are urged to use in-game settings for this, because it will be removed in one of the upcoming Unity updates.
It was never meant to be used for end-users, but only for easy testing for developers.
This got "abused" quite a lot.

For now, I think your best best is removing the settings file, setting your windows resolution to a 16:9 ratio or close to it (if possible for you) and relaunching.
I'll see if I can add an easier solution in one of the upcoming updates (like forcing a different resolution when ultra-wide is detected). I may even add ultra-wide support, but so far none of my patrons have requested this and the percentage of users using it is very small.

Shenaniganzz

Jun 4, 2017
1. The settings are detected at first launch and then stored in the settings.ini file (in the profile folder).
If you delete this, it will use your current resolution again until changed.
From the settings.ini file:
<msuic_vol>0.5</msuic_vol>
<resolution>0</resolution>
Not sure if music_vol was a typo.

Deleting the settings.ini file still gives me the window at the same resolution. Is there a way to change it to 1920x1080?

Also, deleting the file changed nothing.

minoan55

Aug 28, 2018
From the settings.ini file:
<msuic_vol>0.5</msuic_vol>
<resolution>0</resolution>
Not sure if music_vol was a typo.

Deleting the settings.ini file still gives me the window at the same resolution. Is there a way to change it to 1920x1080?

Also, deleting the file changed nothing.
Are you using Win 10?
I have 2 gaming PCs running Win 10 (i5/gtx1070 and an i9/rtx2070) both have 1920x1080 as the default setting (have never changed either). In fullscreen mode the game runs perfectly with no clipping of the UI.
I know that does not help - but if you are running Win 10 is it possible that you have changed (even inadvertently) the factory settings?

muthaluva

Aug 24, 2018
You shouldn't be seeing that, but here is what you can try..
  1. Make sure that you've extracted the game to a new folder instead of overwriting the earlier version.
  2. If you have any saves from a previous version, you will need to start a new game. Earlier saves may cause problems with your game, such as the screen you're seeing in the screenshot you've included.
  3. Delete the "Faerin Games" folder from C:\Users\account-name\AppData\LocalLow
After you've done those, start a new game and see if you still encounter this issue.
Thanks. It was a fresh install, but I think I installed .004 first, then .005 before I actually tried playing it. Started all over with a new install of .005 and it seems to have worked. Some things had also been locked for me previously too - like saves. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks. It was a fresh install, but I think I installed .004 first, then .005 before I actually tried playing it. Started all over with a new install of .005 and it seems to have worked. Some things had also been locked for me previously too - like saves. Thanks for the help!
Great! Thank you for letting me know it worked! :)

Reactions: muthaluva

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Faerin

For 3 days in a row I had the mom as a maid and lose 10% each day.
It starts out at 60% the very first morning and assign her when she said to and follow that and the next day the guest checks out and its down to 50% so I put the mom there all 3 shifts and each shift it goes up 10 and the next shift at the beginning it goes down 10% the up at the end of the shift and then down again the beginning of the last shift keeping the 50% at the end of the day but the very next morning its at 40% and having the mom in the cleaning room all day long it stays at 40% then over night it goes down another 10%.

So after 3 straights day having the mom clean all the time its now down to 30% so I just stop playing and gave up on it.
The way it is set up there is no way to keep the place clean because you lose 10% each day regardless of any cleaning you try to do.

And by the end of the week starting on Monday morning its 0 so there is now way to keep the place cleaned. Mystwood Manor 2020-03-30 21-32-01-99.jpg

Last edited:

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Yep this one need really a fix. But for now you can switch her out and back into the cleaning room until it´s 100% again (when switching her out shortly her energy is refilled asap)
When I take her out it goes down 10% and when I put her back in it goes up the 10% staying at what the day starts out at and over night when everyone sleeps it goes down 10%.

After the first guest leaves I leave the mom in the cleaning room for all 3 shifts and no matter what I do it will go down 10% over night and there is no way to get it cleaned.

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Faerin

For 3 days in a row I had the mom as a maid and lose 10% each day.
It starts out at 60% the very first morning and assign her when she said to and follow that and the next day the guest checks out and its down to 50% so I put the mom there all 3 shifts and each shift it goes up 10 and the next shift at the beginning it goes down 10% the up at the end of the shift and then down again the beginning of the last shift keeping the 50% at the end of the day but the very next morning its at 40% and having the mom in the cleaning room all day long it stays at 40% then over night it goes down another 10%.

So after 3 straights day having the mom clean all the time its now down to 30% so I just stop playing and gave up on it.
The way it is set up there is no way to keep the place clean because you lose 10% each day regardless of any cleaning you try to do.

And by the end of the week starting on Monday morning its 0 so there is now way to keep the place cleaned.
Yep this one need really a fix. But for now you can switch her out and back into the cleaning room until it´s 100% again (when switching her out shortly her energy is refilled asap)
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!
The stat decrease will be changed in the next update (the same goes for exp gain, money, etc).
I haven't done much balancing yet, as you can't really play the game beyond the tutorial (well you can, but it's a bit pointless).

I will determine what each value should be and update this.
Next update, you should be able to play through the first week(s) of the game.

nboby

May 27, 2017
Hi guys, like lot of people here I have a black screen directly when launch the game.
I have all the last update of Windows 1O, my Nvidia graphic card, etc... Other Unity games work fine, Man of the House, Timestamps, ...
I really don't know what's happen.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes