S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Nah,none of them are in my computer.I didn`t use any cheat mod,either.The writer`s another game "moth" couid run perfectly.That`s why I`m so confused.
By the way,there is a hint,what`s "AVProVideo.dll"?I can`t find this dll online.
It's the plugin used for playing videos, but at the game startup there isn't any videos, so I don't think it is the root cause of the issue.
Please post your player.log file that you can find in this path below:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Replace UserName with your computer account name

fans146496

Oct 30, 2020
It's the plugin used for playing videos, but at the game startup there isn't any videos, so I don't think it is the root cause of the issue.
Please post your player.log file that you can find in this path below:
C:\Users\UserName\AppData\LocalLow\Faerin Games\Mystwood Manor

Replace UserName with your computer account name
Game crashs when I try to play it,I can choose to start a new game,after choose difficulty level,click to continue,then it stucks and crash.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Game crashs when I try to play it,I can choose to start a new game,after choose difficulty level,click to continue,then it stucks and crash.
Make sure your system is up-to-date. I also notice that your GPU driver is outdated.

Are you Chinese?

After you updated your system + GPU driver extract a fresh copy of the game on your desktop and try to start the game again.

Reactions: S3pHiroTh

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
In addition to the requests said by cold_arctus, it seems that you have some kind of problem with you video card, I can read some kind of error.

d3d11: CreateDXGIFactory2(...) not found, fallbacking to CreateDXGIFactory1(...).
d3d11: D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 not-recognized (only 11.0 runtime installed?)
d3d11: QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory5) failed (80004002).

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
Vendor: (null)
VRAM: 2977 MB
Driver: 27.21.14.6089
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 0.176 seconds
Dedicated video D3D11 device creation failed (error: 0x80004005). This device is used specifically for video decoding, we will use software video decoding instead.

Probably this is the root cause of the issue, moreover which kind of Windows system do you have? Win10, Win7, Win8?

EDIT: you can also try to open device manager and disable temporarely your video card and see what it does. if it plays fine, the problem could be the video card, if the problem persists, the problem is somewhere else

EDIT2: I have checked better your log and you have bonjour installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll please uninstall it

Last edited:

fans146496

Oct 30, 2020
In addition to the requests said by cold_arctus, it seems that you have some kind of problem with you video card, I can read some kind of error.

d3d11: CreateDXGIFactory2(...) not found, fallbacking to CreateDXGIFactory1(...).
d3d11: D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 not-recognized (only 11.0 runtime installed?)
d3d11: QueryInterface(IDXGIFactory5) failed (80004002).

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
Vendor: (null)
VRAM: 2977 MB
Driver: 27.21.14.6089
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 0.176 seconds
Dedicated video D3D11 device creation failed (error: 0x80004005). This device is used specifically for video decoding, we will use software video decoding instead.

Probably this is the root cause of the issue, moreover which kind of Windows system do you have? Win10, Win7, Win8?

EDIT: you can also try to open device manager and disable temporarely your video card and see what it does. if it plays fine, the problem could be the video card, if the problem persists, the problem is somewhere else

EDIT2: I have checked better your log and you have bonjour installed:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mdnsNSP.dll please uninstall it
My Windows system is Win7.I just tried to do the way you said,the game still crashes.Still thanks for your help.Maybe I should give the game up.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
My Windows system is Win7.I just tried to do the way you said,the game still crashes.Still thanks for your help.Maybe I should give the game up.
Here is an option you can try:
- install Display Driver Uninstaller ( ) and install the latest gpu driver again.
- Feel free to upload your dxdiag report.

steeldonkey

Jun 25, 2017
Has anyone ever addressed the weird pause in every animation loop? The same issue was also in Man Of The House animations.

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
Help! When I go back to watch the progress scenes I can see everything but the images. I see black flashes in lieu of images. What's changed? Thanks.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Help! When I go back to watch the progress scenes I can see everything but the images. I see black flashes in lieu of images. What's changed? Thanks.
There's several things you can try..
  1. Verify that your GPU has current drivers.
  2. Make sure that you're not missing any runtimes (you can verify this in Control Panel >> Programs & Features).
  3. Check "Device Manager" in Control Panel to make sure you don't have more than 1 display adapter enabled.
  4. Make sure that your OS is up-to-date.
  5. Try loading your auto save and see if the same problem exists.

Last edited:

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
  2. Make sure that you're not missing any runtimes (you can verify this in Control Panel >> Programs & Features).
  3. Check "Device Manager" in Control Panel to make sure you don't have more than 1 display adapter enabled.
Thanks, I tried everything you suggested with no avail. It must be a Windows 8.1 issue. I don't seem to have any issues with my Windows 10 PC. I'm actually looking to purchase a new laptop and shopping for the best deal. Thanks again.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thanks, I tried everything you suggested with no avail. It must be a Windows 8.1 issue. I don't seem to have any issues with my Windows 10 PC. I'm actually looking to purchase a new laptop and shopping for the best deal. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Yeah, we've had quite a few reports from Win 8.1 users and Faerin is working on that. So hopefully the animations will work for that platform once the new update is released.

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
You're welcome. Yeah, we've had quite a few reports from Win 8.1 users and Faerin is working on that. So hopefully the animations will work for that platform once the new update is released.
I've always admired that about Faerin, even back then, at MOTH. He always listens to his fans, especially when they have problems with technical issues. And tries to find a solution. (y)

It would be really great if he could find a solution. Personally, I think the game is great, even without animation :love:

Reactions: Sycho

MalEl

Aug 6, 2020
whenever i try to open the game this happen, it appears the unity logo, the loading screen but then the screen turns black
i don't use the cheat mod...

1624293858450.png

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
whenever i try to open the game this happen, it appears the unity logo, the loading screen but then the screen turns black
i don't use the cheat mod...

View attachment 1258349
My itchy crystal ball can't see which Windows version you use. Posting your player.log file would help as well. The log file is stored in your user's hidden 'AppData/Local/Faerin Games' folder.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes