stupidbrothel

Jan 17, 2020
The only thing that I suspect would be the as it's fairly old (almost 7 years old).
Then I tried to play on other laptop. It's still not working.

sorry i'm bothering you but i'm curious about this problem..

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Then I tried to play on other laptop. It's still not working.

sorry i'm bothering you but i'm curious about this problem..
It's no bother at all. That's what I'm here for. :)

Like the last log provided, there's nothing indicating a problem at all. The log is clean and the game's path looks great, so that's not the problem. What I would suggest is waiting for the next update to be released and playing the game with "Play videos" disabled in the game's settings. You should still be able to play, but unfortunately you won't be able to see the animated scenes.

Having said that, you should be able to play the videos on a standalone video player (Ex: Windows Media Player, VLC, etc..) outside the game. You can find those by looking in the game's "Mystwood Manor_Data\StreamingAssets\gamedata\girls\" folder.

By chance, did you install all of the runtimes on the other laptop? I don't know if it would make a difference, but it's worth a try.

I do have a couple of questions though.. Just to confirm, have you had this problem with other versions of the game or is this the first time you've played MwM?

Last edited:

stupidbrothel

Jan 17, 2020
It's no bother at all. That's what I'm here for. :)

Like the last log provided, there's nothing indicating a problem at all. The log is clean and the game's path looks great, so that's not the problem. What I would suggest is waiting for the next update to be released and playing the game with "Play videos" disabled in the game's settings. You should still be able to play, but unfortunately you won't be able to see the animated scenes.

Having said that, you should be able to play the videos on a standalone video player (Ex: Windows Media Player, VLC, etc..) outside the game. You can find those by looking in the game's "Mystwood Manor_Data\StreamingAssets\gamedata\girls\" folder.

By chance, did you install all of the runtimes on the other laptop? I don't know if it would make a difference, but it's worth a try.

I do have a couple of questions though.. Just to confirm, have you had this problem with other versions of the game or is this the first time you've played MwM?
this is the first time. when i played Man of the house, i didnt find this issue as well.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
this is the first time. when i played Man of the house, i didnt find this issue as well.
Well, I know Faerin made it possible to support some older video cards/GPUs, but sadly not all of them will be able to play the game, or more specifically, see the animated scenes. And that's basically what we're up against here.

I had one player on Discord a couple of weeks ago with some of the issues that you're having and recommended he do a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Since doing that (after walking him through what to do before, during and after the reinstall), he's experienced no problems at all. In fact, he stated that not only did the system perform better than it did before, but said the animations play flawlessly. I spent a couple of days helping him with it and getting everything he needed.

Though I suspect if you were to do the same, you'll probably still experience animation problems during some of the events for the girls. Though if you were to go that route, I'd do that on the other laptop instead of the one with the Intel UHD GPU. You'd stand a little bit better of a chance that would work.

It's entirely up to you, if you feel you want to give that a try. As far as MotH goes, Faerin used a different format for the animations. So that would account for why you can play that game with no problems at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: stupidbrothel

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
So, the Changelog says this about Hana's update: "• Added the first tier 5 event for Hana (including a new “surprise mechanic”). Hint: If it looks like the dialog is looping, try something else."
I just went to visit her in the security office. There are no choices to make once inside, but the dialog is definitely repetitive.
Did I miss something?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So, the Changelog says this about Hana's update: "• Added the first tier 5 event for Hana (including a new “surprise mechanic”). Hint: If it looks like the dialog is looping, try something else."
I just went to visit her in the security office. There are no choices to make once inside, but the dialog is definitely repetitive.
Did I miss something?
Increase the speed of the animation to max. If there's no slider bar on the right, you'll need to go into the settings screen and make sure "Play videos" is selected.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

MerlinUSA

Mar 1, 2018
Increase the speed of the animation to max. If there's no slider bar on the right, you'll need to go into the settings screen and make sure "Play videos" is selected.
Thank you! Just so you're aware, there was nothing available on the screen other than the dialog box and the images.

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thank you! Just so you're aware, there was nothing available on the screen other than the dialog box and the images.
You're welcome. :)

Yeah, that's a bug if you have play videos deselected in the settings screen. That's been fixed for the next update though. I've noted in my quick-guide below the ToC that Play videos needs to be enabled. Since it has new content which isn't available to Patrons at the moment, I'll upload a new guide when the update appears on here. I'll make an addendum to that post where the guide is located.

As it stands right now with the current version, there are two events like that; one with Amber and one with Hana.

Reactions: MerlinUSA

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Just finished playing this for the first time. The management part of the game is well done but the lewd side of the game could've been done a little bit better. If you're not using any cheats it will take a while until you get to the good stuff with the girls. But overall I had fun playing and I am looking forward to the next update.

Last edited:

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Just finished playing this for the first time. The management part of the game is well done but the lewd side of the game could've been done a little bit better. If you're not using any cheats it will take a while until you get to the good stuff with the girls. But overall I had fun playing and I am looking forward to the next update.
Just out of curiosity, when you say "could've been done a little bit better", do you have something specific in mind?

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Just out of curiosity, when you say "could've been done a little bit better", do you have something specific in mind?
Because most of the gameplay time is spent on the management part, it feels like the mc is barely interacting with any of the girls so when the lewd stuff finally happens it feels like a huge jump, at least for me. I understand that there is also a supernatural element to the game but I think it would've been better if there was more of a build up, especially with characters like the mom and the sister.

goblin sensei

Apr 20, 2020

1st: Beatles
2nd: Elvis
3rd: MJ
4th: Elton John (!!?)
5th: Madonna
6th: Led Zepp
7th: Rhianna
8th: Pink Floyd
These are the only artists with over 250 million sales.
Next rung is 200-249 million.
AC/DC are 16th, overall. Behind Eminem (9th), Mariah Carey (10th), Taylor Swift (11th), Queen (12th), Eagles (13th), Whitney Houston (14th) & Celine Dion (15th).
I just understood now. I misunderstood the question. with the best selling album selling artist and best selling album. thanks bro

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
Is it possible to change the color of the inscriptions to black, because white is not clear and you cannot see it well.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Possibly, but only with the female guests if that happens.
you mean i can’t fuck faux george r r martin? awwwwww :(

… though his guest storyline could be him dicking around instead of writing the coclusion to his fantasy series. maybe on the way he’ll tell you random ideas he has for the series… which are of course erotic in nature. just a random thought i had but faerin may not have time to add that in, especially if this only has five or six more updates in it. oh well

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes