ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I have a night time event with Julia which lead to a handjob.
But at a "*Moan* Ahhh!" the game freezes and the sound stops. No rollback, but the menu still works.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
I have a night time event with Julia which lead to a handjob.
But at a "*Moan* Ahhh!" the game freezes and the sound stops. No rollback, but the menu still works.
Post your logs so we can check what has happened.
If you don't know where the logs are, check on FAQ in OP

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Post your logs so we can check what has happened.
If you don't know where the logs are, check on FAQ in OP
The issue might be that I play via Proton.
For some reason it fails to play the videos for the event. The same happened with an Amber event. The files are there and okay.

I unchecked the "Play videos" and it seems fine now.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The issue might be that I play via Proton.
For some reason it fails to play the videos for the event. The same happened with an Amber event. The files are there and okay.

I unchecked the "Play videos" and it seems fine now.
AVProVideo] The native Windows DirectShow H.264 decoder doesn't support videos with resolution above 1920x1080. You may need to reduce your video resolution, switch to another codec (such as DivX or Hap), or install 3rd party DirectShow codec (eg LAV Filters). This shouldn't be a problem for Windows 8 and above as it has a native limitation of 3840x2160.
Proton is a WINE fork and the same settings need to be applied to play animations as mentioned in the FAQ (set Proton/Wine to Windows 7 and lower your resolution to 1920x1080).

Reactions: TheDevian

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Proton is a WINE fork and the same settings need to be applied to play animations as mentioned in the FAQ (set Proton/Wine to Windows 7 and lower your resolution to 1920x1080).
Thx, the K-lite codec pack was missing.
I did not read so far down to the small print and the game was running fine until this point.

Reactions: cold_arctus

goblin sensei

Apr 20, 2020
i already reach end version 0.7.3 but i forgot to get quest Jim Dalson. can someone help me how to get quest Jim Dalson like if lv 1 jim dalson at bar, lv 2 at restaurant and others

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
i already reach end version 0.7.3 but i forgot to get quest Jim Dalson. can someone help me how to get quest Jim Dalson like if lv 1 jim dalson at bar, lv 2 at restaurant and others
It tells you in the progress tab on his page how to get him, you just need to mouse over the little "I" to see the hint, if they are turned on.

Reactions: goblin sensei

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
It tells you in the progress tab on his page how to get him, you just need to mouse over the little "I" to see the hint, if they are turned on.
Also it is easier to set the lobby to accept level 1, 2 or higher guests level related to the Jim's level you need for that event.

Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Still not working. I've tried to lower the resolution as well, still not working.
Can you attach a copy of your player log, please? Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following into the Run box:
Code:
%userprofile%/AppData/LocalLow/Faerin Games/Mystwood Manor

stupidbrothel

Jan 17, 2020
Can you attach a copy of your player log, please? Use the Windows + R keys and paste the following into the Run box:
Code:
Code:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
stupidbrothel

The only thing that stood out the most in the log is the path to the game. Try moving the Mystwood Manor folder to C so that the path is C:\Mystwood Manor v0.7.3

Alternatively, double-check that the for your GPU are up-to-date. It appears the last driver version AMD released for that device was in May of last year and is version 21.5.1.

stupidbrothel

Jan 17, 2020
stupidbrothel

The only thing that stood out the most in the log is the path to the game. Try moving the Mystwood Manor folder to C so that the path is C:\Mystwood Manor v0.7.3

Alternatively, double-check that the for your GPU are up-to-date. It appears the last driver version AMD released for that device was in May of last year and is version 21.5.1.
I've moved it and updated gpu, but still not working..

Odin73

Feb 16, 2020
The only thing that I suspect would be the as it's fairly old (almost 7 years old).
I am not sure if that the reason. I have Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX which was release in 2014 so. It work just fine for me

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
The only thing that I suspect would be the as it's fairly old (almost 7 years old).
It's not that much because of the age but mostly because the GPU was rather low end even when it was brand new.
My 8 years old Radeon R9 280X is apparently still 4 times as powerful by the relative perfomance, according to the perfomance data on the site at the link you posted.
I am not sure if that the reason. I have Nvidia GeForce 970 GTX which was release in 2014 so. It work just fine for me
And your GF is almost 6 times as powerful as his mobile Radeon.

Of course the video playback perfomance is not directly linked to the overall graphic perfomance but still, R5 M330 is a mobile GPU, built to balance between perfomance and energy saving.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odin73

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
You'd be surprised. MwM will run on most older hardware, but that's not always the gold standard. YMMV...

I have an old dual-core Intel system with an Intel graphics chipset (shared memory) with 2GB RAM installed and both MotH and MwM run fine on it, albeit really slow. Some older hardware can run it, some can't.

I've also ran into cases where MwM won't display the graphics or the animation (can't remember which of the two, actually) on a system running Windows 8.1, though that's not the case in this situation.

If the driver update, moving the folder to a shorter path and installing the VC++ runtimes didn't help, then there's not much that can be done aside from a hardware upgrade. One of the three suggestions usually work for most.

Reactions: Odin73
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes