Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I have same issue about scene with Hana and Amber. I tried to uncheck play video, still no result. I installed c++, also no luck.
Go into Control Panel >> Device Manager >> Display adapters

If you have more than one device showing, disable one or the other and try playing the game.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've just played through v0.7.2 & I have all guests at VIP 5.
Yet, when I checked in Diego & Miguel, I am suddenly required to pass the service choices again, for each of them.
Didn't gaining VIP used to mean that you didn't need to answer the choices correctly anymore?
I just passed Miguel 100% (again), then checked him in again and the choices for food, drinks, swims, saunas, exercises, etc. are back again.
Does having them VIP no longer remove the need to make the correct choices?

Edit: Also noticing that I am having to reassign staff every shift. None of them retain their previous positions anymore.
Neither of these changes are anywhere near being good, in my opinion. All they seem to have done is increase the admin workload for the player, with no benefit or value provided.
Check your settings, you might need to turn those options off and back on.

Reactions: whichone and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
I've just played through v0.7.2 & I have all guests at VIP 5.
Yet, when I checked in Diego & Miguel, I am suddenly required to pass the service choices again, for each of them.
Didn't gaining VIP used to mean that you didn't need to answer the choices correctly anymore?
I just passed Miguel 100% (again), then checked him in again and the choices for food, drinks, swims, saunas, exercises, etc. are back again.
Does having them VIP no longer remove the need to make the correct choices?

Edit: Also noticing that I am having to reassign staff every shift. None of them retain their previous positions anymore.
Neither of these changes are anywhere near being good, in my opinion. All they seem to have done is increase the admin workload for the player, with no benefit or value provided.
Check the Settings screen. See if you have "Remember previous shift assignment" checked. I also have the "Skip VIP guest interactions" unchecked as well.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Check your settings, you might need to turn those options off and back on.
Check the Settings screen. See if you have "Remember previous shift assignment" checked. I also have the "Skip VIP guest interactions" unchecked as well.
Thanks, both were somehow unchecked.
Why did it default to the non-default position? That was a strange choice for implementation.

Reactions: Sycho

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Is this option new? In previous options it always "worked" / was active. Only in the latest updated it stopped working. I also assumed it was a bug.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yes, the "Remember previous shift assignment" is a new addition to the settings screen.
Just seems strange to have had it operating as checked, all the way through the game, then it gets implemented as an option and is automatically set to unchecked. Opposite to the default position the whole game has operated under.
That does not compute.

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Just seems strange to have had it operating as checked, all the way through the game, then it gets implemented and is automatically set to unchecked.
That does not compute.
Because the new variable used in the last game version isn't available in your save, so if it can't be loaded it is set as unchecked. Next time you will play the game because that variable is set inside your save, it will be loaded correctly.
On new gameplay it should be enabled by default.

Also, this change has been highligthed in game changelog.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Just seems strange to have had it operating as checked, all the way through the game, then it gets implemented as an option and is automatically set to unchecked. Opposite to the default position the whole game has operated under.
That does not compute.
I had no idea it was even there when we were testing. I only discovered it afterwards because it was unchecked for me.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Meh, it happens. Default=true would have been better, but I have been through worse. And as a dev I have done MUCH worse.
:ROFLMAO: Ha ha, yeah, I'm totally capable of worse, too. (y)
But, to be fair, it's an exception to the way Faerin has done things, up to now.
Usually his changes are well implemented and smoothly introduced.
This is the first one that has had a negative impact on my playing experience.
I kept failing Miguel's sauna choices, became irritating. Could've used the card, or the guide, but by the time I'd logged in here I'd managed to pass them all and 100% his stay.
Was only when he checked back in and the choices were there, again, that I thought something was wrong & came here to check.
Because the new variable used in the last game version isn't available in your save, so if it can't be loaded it is set as unchecked. Next time you will play the game because that variable is set inside your save, it will be loaded correctly.
On new gameplay it should be enabled by default.

Also, this change has been highligthed in game changelog.
That's what I'm asking: Why is it set to unchecked?
That's the precise opposite of how the game has been set, since day 1.
Presumably there were 2 choices, when introducing it: either set it to checked (as the game has been structured from the start), or set it to unchecked (the opposite).
What possible reason promotes defaulting it to be the opposite as being a good idea?
Not a big deal, just seems an odd choice, considering how user friendly things usually are.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Meh, it happens. Default=true would have been better, but I have been through worse. And as a dev I have done MUCH worse.
Did you introduce Clippy?

But in all honesty, right now I am setting up a new PC. I got most stuff working but the amount of small annoyances you get when importing old data into a new version of the same program is staggering.

Reactions: TheDevian

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

But in all honesty, right now I am setting up a new PC. I got most stuff working but the amount of small annoyances you get when importing old data into a new version of the same program is staggering.
I understand this being frustrating. I don't think it's the intent to make this more difficult.

Can you expand on 'small annoyances' so it can be tested and possibly addressed, please?

Thanks!

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

Yeah, this wasn't intentional, it just kind of happened, and we noticed a bit too late, and had other things that were more important to work on in the time he had.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I understand this being frustrating. I don't think it's the intent to make this more difficult.

Can you expand on 'small annoyances' so it can be tested and possibly addressed, please?

Thanks!
Yeah, this wasn't intentional, it just kind of happened, and we noticed a bit too late, and had other things that were more important to work on in the time he had.
Whoops, sorry, I didn't express myself clear enough, I was talking in general with all new versions of software on my new PC when faced with my transferred old data. With all due respect, Mystwood Manor wasn't the first I checked out, so I got nothing to say about that. Well, except for that I started it up now, just to check the two marks for further reference, but that didn't cause a problem. So not really relevant to this thread, sorry again.

• Haha

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
That's what I'm asking: Why is it set to unchecked?
That's the precise opposite of how the game has been set, since day 1.
Presumably there were 2 choices, when introducing it: either set it to checked (as the game has been structured from the start), or set it to unchecked (the opposite).
What possible reason promotes defaulting it to be the opposite as being a good idea?
Not a big deal, just seems an odd choice, considering how user friendly things usually are.
I have already answered to that, in the new game version there is a new variable which isn't available in your game save, that's why it happens to be unchecked

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I have already answered to that, in the new game version there is a new variable which isn't available in your game save, that's why it happens to be unchecked
You obviously did not answer the question I asked, hence me clarifying it & asking again.
As such, repeating what you previously said does nothing to help.

Perhaps the question was still not clear, to you. Allow me to clarify further, to help more with your understanding:
As the variable did not exist, but it has now been introduced and set to unchecked, why could it not have been introduced set to checked?
Does the introduction of new variables not allow for that?

As I said, checked is how the whole game has been played. Checked has been default since day 1.
It doesn't make any sense, to me, to introduce the option to uncheck it & set unchecked to default.
That's the opposite of how the game has been set since its creation.

Last edited:

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
You obviously did not answer the question I asked, hence me clarifying it & asking again.
He did:
Loading game/profile without the flag: false.
Every boolean-value is false by default, one has to set it to true manually (yes, manually is also when you assign a value right at the declaration).
In this case there was no information in the save game file, so it was not set => false.
The solution is to change the load routine. In case the value is not present in the save game file, set it to true.

Gee, it's a minor bug, get over it.

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
As such, repeating what you previously said does nothing to help.

Perhaps the question was still not clear, to you. Allow me to clarify further, to help more with your understanding:
As the variable did not exist, but it has now been introduced and set to unchecked, why could it not have been introduced set to checked?
Does the introduction of new variables not allow for that?

As I said, checked is how the whole game has been played. Checked has been default since day 1.
It doesn't make any sense, to me, to introduce the option to uncheck it & set unchecked to default.
That's the opposite of how the game has been set since its creation.
Booleans are false by default (as Nemo56 said).
And yes, I could write some additional code that checks if the value is present and if not, set it to true.
(Or use an inverted value to begin with.)
But this would be temporary only, as the finished game will never have this issue.
So it would mean more work for me (granted, not a lot) and adding code that will be redundant soon.

I figured it would be easier for current players to just enable the option once, than to write code for it.
Hence the comment in the changelog.
Although I know by now that a lot of players don't read it and ask questions about it regardless, resulting in more work for the people that answer questions.

Truth be told, I could have just implemented the check in the time it took to write this post, so in hindsight it may have been just as easy to do that (but lazy dev is lazy).

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 243 Votes