Aug 14, 2018
Yes, well at least partially. The game will have a more set "turn based" style (incorporating the hotel management), but you will have the opportunity to go and explore, or visit one of the girls each "turn" as well.
Can we expect "handling" that is in some sense similar to the one in Harem Hotel? Free roaming but also turn based Hotel Management? If that's a "yes" then I'm even more looking forward to the development of the game since I enjoyed that playstyle a lot.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Can we expect "handling" that is in some sense similar to the one in Harem Hotel? Free roaming but also turn based Hotel Management? If that's a "yes" then I'm even more looking forward to the development of the game since I enjoyed that playstyle a lot.
no, it is not like Harem Hotel. It is more a simulation round-based board game, like Risk.

Danyboy

Jul 21, 2017
Here we go, another Faerin game. Lets the journey begin!!!
Is it going to have same schedule as MOTH, like 1 update per 2 week?

Reactions: NorthernGent

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Here we go, another Faerin game. Lets the journey begin!!!
Is it going to have same schedule as MOTH, like 1 update per 2 week?
Looking more like once a month, but it should be more substantial updates.

JiraiyaSennin

Feb 11, 2017
Dear Faerin it would be possible to set the size of the text to be read a little larger or enlarge it from setup, because it is difficult to read (for me) and maybe a back button to be able to read the dialogs in case of an incorrect (unwanted) advance ... (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
O.K. .. here is what some other big Unity devs did for quality of life:
  • Multi save slot: 12 slots for saving now!
  • Press H to hide the text box and get a full view on the art.
  • Press Ctrl to skip the text, images and animations.
    Beware, it's not stopping at your past progression like ren'py, it works all the time.
  • Press S to take a screenshot of the game ^^
  • Right click to open the Saving Panel.
Most of features that were asked by players were ren'py stuff, I've added some but don't forget it's not ren'py, so don't expect it to be EXACTLY like ren'py.
Faerin
tHERE IS NO pressure or anything, but THIS IS 20 20 AND ALL GLOVES ARE OFF!
We want you to improve and be the best that you can be.

The harshest critique I think already passed and it is good you can make up
your mind early what exactly you want for this game.

• Angry
Reactions: UncleVT

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
I will wait some times before trying it, i was hoping to see the dev using ren'py, even with an improved unity you can't match the lightweightness, the speed and the usability of ren'py. ( roll-back, save at any time, resizable windows...etc)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I will wait some times before trying it, i was hoping to see the dev using ren'py, even with an improved unity you can't match the lightweightness, the speed and the usability of ren'py. ( roll-back, save at any time, resizable windows...etc)
There are reasons why devs prefer Unity over Ren'Py.

Reactions: TheDevian

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Well in the case of his previous game he needed years of work to recreate in unity what is available by default in ren'py.
Honestly this debate between Ren'py and Unity it really gets boring after a while, it's not going to be in Ren'py it's going to be in Unity, Faerin isn't going to change the platform, if you don't like it tough don't play it, I'm pretty sure he won't lose any sleep if you don't.
As for everything being readily available in Ren'py, up until 0.83 it probably was easy to do it in Ren'py but after the overhaul of the UI it wasn't really possible although probably not impossible
As for it taking years to recreate in Unity what is readily available in Ren'py, it took years because of the size of the game, nothing to do with the platform, in fact, Faerin released updates for MOTH every two weeks on a regular basis, how many Ren'py platform devs are doing that?
But by all means, transfer the UI of MOTH to Ren'py and show us all how easy it is, but I won't hold my breath
Mystwood Manor will be in Unity, whether you think it should be on Ren'py or not I can guarantee it won't be, so can we end this futile debate and just enjoy the great game we know Faerin will give us

Larry5168

4.00 star(s) 242 Votes