TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
As for everything being readily available in Ren'py, up until 0.83 it probably was easy to do it in Ren'py but after the overhaul of the UI it wasn't really possible although probably not impossible
To be fair, when people asked him for native ren'py features (other than roll back which some Ren'py games disable too since it breaks their games, and saving during the conversations), he usually added them pretty quickly.

Personally, I would like to see the 'history' button to be accessible during the conversation in case I misclick, otherwise just make sure the space bar and both enter keys work to advance the text and I am happy.

Sep 25, 2017
A new Faerin game ! Yeahhh ! But i need to wait a bit more ... oh screw it ! I have to try it !
Sooooooooo , i've tried it ... And again ... and again ...
On the good side, the story look promising and out of the ordinary. I like the idea of a mystery theme. Will see where it goes.
On the bad side ...
Hum ...
I have a "few" issues with the renders ... they don't look harmonious (or smooth ... i don't know the correct word)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Faerin You are one of the best (if not the best) dev in the community.
For me, you have bring dev standards to a higher level with MOTH. I'm sure you have inspired a lot of other devs.
That's why when i saw the renders in this game, i couldn't help but wonder : Is it really Faerin work?
Maybe it's a bit TLDR, or even a "whos the fuck is that guy", but i really hope you bring back those higher dev standards to a level we have yet to discover!

Reactions: TheDevian

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Dear Faerin it would be possible to set the size of the text to be read a little larger or enlarge it from setup, because it is difficult to read (for me) and maybe a back button to be able to read the dialogs in case of an incorrect (unwanted) advance ... (y)
Yes, but of course this would take years to make. :LOL:

Seriously though, the UI still needs to be finished. It will be updated in the next update or the one after.
It will include most of the features that have been mentioned or discussed so far.

I have a "few" issues with the renders ...
Thanks for pointing these out.
I already have redone all the night renders (as I didn't like them either).
And I'll have a look at the other issues you pointed out.

Last edited:

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Same here...first time this has ever happened. Not sure what to do.
  1. Make sure the game is extracted from the archive before playing.
  2. Insure the folder/drive has both read/write permissions.
  3. If you use Citrix and/or Nahimic software, disable it before loading the game.
  4. Lastly, try this:

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
You need to have VS 2015 C++ Redistributable installed:
This is due to the images being in the webp format, but I might change this back to jpb/pgn in the next release.
but isnt this going to increase game size? Webp is great in size and quality. its worth to install VS to gain this. at much you could put VS installers in zip package, its like 30 MB

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
but isnt this going to increase game size? Webp is great in size and quality. its worth to install VS to gain this. at much you could put VS installers in zip package, its like 30 MB
While the quality is good, it isn't higher than jpg/png, in fact it's slightly lower.
It is smaller in file size, but wether or not the game will be (about) 30% smaller isn't that big of a deal imo. Bandwidth/storare is hardly an issue these days (unless I was making a mobile/online version).

But using webp does have some drawbacks.
The mods on discord having to answer the same question daily is one of them.
Sure I can include the installer, but let's face it, most players won't read/install and will still spam discord and this place with the same question over and over. I could make a custom installer, but that will create all sort of new issues.
In short, I'm not sure it's worth it.

Last edited:

erisedxes

Mar 17, 2018
I hope there will be a good cover picture for this game (MotH that one was good that drew me to the game). I nearly miss this new game from faerin.

Ara-sH

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2017
While the quality is good, it isn't higher than jpg/png, in fact it's slightly lower.
It is smaller in file size, but wether or not the game will be (about) 30% smaller isn't that big of a deal imo. Bandwidth/storare is hardly an issue these days (unless I was making a mobile/online version).

But using webp does have some drawbacks.
The mods on discord having to answer the same question daily is one of them.
Sure I can include the installer, but let's face it, most players won't read/install and will still spam discord and this place with the same question over and over. I could make a custom installer, but that will create all sort of new issues.
In short, I'm not sure it's worth it.
But its just a one time thing, IMHO its worth it in long-term. maybe a Poll in patreon? maybe a warning or alert in unity launcher, so many ways.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
But its just a one time thing, IMHO its worth it in long-term. maybe a Poll in patreon? maybe a warning or alert in unity launcher, so many ways.
Maybe a link to the codec on the OP? (And welcome message on the discord) :ROFLMAO:

4.00 star(s) 242 Votes