WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
I'm nearing the end of this game, and I find all the girls except Julia enter an infinite dialogue loop somewhere in their fifth tier. E.g. for Amber it's during the "playing footsie" quest, for Annika it's during the "evening yoga" quest, etc. All girls reach a point where the same 2-3 dialogues repeat in a loop, with no way to exit besides loading a new game.

Is this just me? This is in v0.9.1.
Sounds like you're ignoring the girls' request to go faster. Some of the scenes require you to actually turn up the animation speed to finish the scene.

Reactions: Sycho

Offensive_Ed

Mar 30, 2022
Can you give us more details? Does it happen with all unity games? does it always happen at specific points in the game? How old is your computer and what are the specs?
Well it does happen with all Unity games but the difference would the intervals, like Man of the house barely crashed but this one crashes every 5-10 mins, my PC is quite old actually, 12 years running but handles almost everything else easily. Renpy, RPGM no problems, infact unity games run better than those two but the problem is the frequent crashing.

WhiteFireDaemon

Mar 14, 2017
Well it does happen with all Unity games but the difference would the intervals, like Man of the house barely crashed but this one crashes every 5-10 mins, my PC is quite old actually, 12 years running but handles almost everything else easily. Renpy, RPGM no problems, infact unity games run better than those two but the problem is the frequent crashing.
I'd guess then that it'd a matter of performance issues. For a 12 year old computer, it might be struggling. There might be some general things you could do to improve your system's performance like a fresh OS install or upgrading some hardware, but it might just be time for an upgrade too. As far as handling some game better than others, I would speculate that some games are just more demanding than others. A quick search found something about GPU issues.

Jun 26, 2019
May I take the liberty to ask about the configuration of your computer? I'm curious what hardware can last so long. . .

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
May I take the liberty to ask about the configuration of your computer? I'm curious what hardware can last so long. . .
Computers can last a long time if you only rarely use them. The laptop my sports club has for some small organisational things (not membership stuff or writing letters) is way older and runs smoothly (but incredibly slowly, and of course needs a power connection since the battery is long gone). It's only used 20 times a year or so, cannot go into the internet (it can, but the software isn't supported anymore, so better not) - but it runs.

Reactions: TheDevian

S3pHiroTh

Aug 8, 2017
Probably because you lack of RAM, on Discord we have found people with very old PCs that has less than 4GB RAM which also had a video card with shared memory and also Windows 32bit, that had the same problem of you, many crashes...
After some analysis we have found that when the RAM usage is near 85-95% the game crashes. You can check this on your Task Manager and see how much memory is used on your system during the game.

Also Man of the House and Mystwood Manor have very different code, the second one has to remember a lot more variables than the first one, so it uses more memory.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Frequent crashing that is specific to you and only you is generally a resource issue. They're using more resources than you have computer to handle. And most game devs aren't testing their unity builds on or for 12-year old machines.

(In fact, deving for unity on 12-year old machine would be hell)

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
Unfortunately this is due to your PC. I don't have a top modern device either. Nevertheless, it almost never crashes.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Computers can last a long time if you only rarely use them. The laptop my sports club has for some small organisational things (not membership stuff or writing letters) is way older and runs smoothly (but incredibly slowly, and of course needs a power connection since the battery is long gone). It's only used 20 times a year or so, cannot go into the internet (it can, but the software isn't supported anymore, so better not) - but it runs.
I played on a pretty old computer as well, one that only had 16gig ram, and was almost 10 years old, never crashed once. ...But it was (obviously) a 64bit system, as it was said, 32bit is limited to less than 4gig, and that is rough now days.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Thank you for the reply, but all available guest storylines have been completed, guess I'll just keep searching all locations every morning hope I get lucky
You're welcome. Finding the spider is contingent upon completing the MC's "Cracking the case" event at the bank. And the requirement to complete that is finishing all of Orville's events. So if you have all of Orville's events completed, you more than likely need to finish the MC's events.

Reactions: TheDevian

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Seems like Man of the House 2 is likely to win, but I voted for Fantasy RPG just to give it a bit of a push. Though Fantasy RPG + Kingdom Builder could = a better choice. Something like going out on quests to get some building material for your home base.

Man of the House 2 would also be greatly appreciated though. Though while I do like the idea of keeping the girl count slightly low so that each one gets their share (and possibly allows a harem ending with all of them :p) I do like the idea of Man of the City or Man of the College, which I did just make the names up but would be what it says on the tin.

Again, I would just like to reiterate my support for having a threesome date or something in Man of the House 2, be it you and your girlfriend dating a third as a couple or dating two single ladies. If I repeat myself enough, I'm sure I can will it into existence XD

Paintings and Heist would probably be my least favorite, especially Paintings. Just not a fan of Paintings conceptually, and I don't really want to be a master criminal XD

Anyway, MotH2 and Fantasy RPG are what I hoped you'd work on next (that or a Galactic RPG) so I suppose I'd be happy with either. But let's be real, it'll probably be MotH2. I do hope you have more "Gameplay" even if it isn't as much of a focus with that path, but i'm sure you will.

... on a side note, I am interested in becoming a patron again, but I'd like some confirmation on the Mystwood steam key. Basically, I pledged one dollar for seven months last year, and I believe if I pledge 13 more by the end of September I can get the Mystwood key or does it all need to be donated in one chunk of months?

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
"Gameplay:1/2out of 5"
Of course that's the one that's leading. :cry:

At least the "Gameplay:4/5outof 5" of Fantasy Kingdom (would be my choice) is running in second.
Maybe the human race isn't completely hopeless :p

In an attempt to nudge things in the direction I'd prefer, I'd like to point out that:
A 'story mode' option essentially changes a game into one of those silly clickfest VNs that the ADD crowd loves.
And by going that route you can get a good bite out of both groups.
But, the 'sandbox VN' risks losing a chunk of the 'I want a game' crowd.

If you go the route of trying to keep as much as you can of both groups, I'd suggest introducing the 'story mode' much earlier in the dev cycle then was done with MwM.
That way the (simple minded fools :p ) that just want a VN will see from the start that there's an option for them too. And they'll be less likely to wander away.

The Frog

Nov 25, 2018
Well, before you can claim Kay's and Hana's rewards, you'll need to complete their last events first. :)

Now as to the final rewards you'll need to claim for the girls, you'll need to do the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How To Explore Isabella's cottage to find the bronze rectangle.
She is available on evening and night and player get no option for exploring cottage

Edit : Got It Thanks

Last edited:

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
... on a side note, I am interested in becoming a patron again, but I'd like some confirmation on the Mystwood steam key. Basically, I pledged one dollar for seven months last year, and I believe if I pledge 13 more by the end of September I can get the Mystwood key or does it all need to be donated in one chunk of months?
Yes, you will still get it (doesn't have to be in one chunk).

At least the "Gameplay:4/5outof 5" of Fantasy Kingdom (would be my choice) is running in second.
Yeah, I have to admit I'm a bit surprised (though in hindsight, maybe I should have used a different working title, as it won't really be a sequel). But "even" if Man of the house 2 wins , I think it could still have a unique concept/twist, albeit it less so than the other concepts.

There will be another poll, with more detailed concepts in 1-2 months, but there will be different variations for sure.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
I guess, after two games in a contemporary setting, most people following you are wanting a contemporary setting

Should probably make a better main gameplay system than man of the house had. Part of me imagines a persona style calendar where you have to manage job/college with social stuff, but part of why i like your existing two games is that nothing is missable. though speaking of persona, maybe some modern day version of the fantasy rpg? idk just throwing ideas out that i’m sure you’ve thought of

still, i have tricked myself into wanting man of the college already

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

In an attempt to nudge things in the direction I'd prefer, I'd like to point out that:
A 'story mode' option essentially changes a game into one of those silly clickfest VNs that the ADD crowd loves.
And by going that route you can get a good bite out of both groups.
But, the 'sandbox VN' risks losing a chunk of the 'I want a game' crowd.

If you go the route of trying to keep as much as you can of both groups, I'd suggest introducing the 'story mode' much earlier in the dev cycle then was done with MwM.
That way the (simple minded fools :p ) that just want a VN will see from the start that there's an option for them too. And they'll be less likely to wander away.
First: ADD?

Then: personally I don't think that MotH has little gameplay. It is just different gameplay where you cannot lose. But coordinating your needs, finding out some stuff (the latter is not too hard admittedly) - there is more going on than in a VN. And as a story I think it has great pacing of some of the individual paths. Granted, with Sophia it may be a little one sided ... then again Veronica is one of the most enjoyable dom/sub relationships I have experienced in these games.

But I agree with the essence of what you're writing.

Reactions: EmperorGus

EmperorGus

Oct 11, 2020
First: ADD?

Then: personally I don't think that MotH has little gameplay. It is just different gameplay where you cannot lose. But coordinating your needs, finding out some stuff (the latter is not too hard admittedly) - there is more going on than in a VN. And as a story I think it has great pacing of some of the individual paths. Granted, with Sophia it may be a little one sided ... then again Veronica is one of the most enjoyable dom/sub relationships I have experienced in these games.

But I agree with the essence of what you're writing.
Attention Deficient Disorder

MotH I'd label as a 'sandboxed VN'.
Yeah, it had a little 'hunting the different locations for content' and a bit of 'day planning/resource managing'. I suppose either/both of those meet a strict definition of 'game'.
But it wasn't nearly challenging enough that I'd call it a game ;)

Reactions: Grordan
4.00 star(s) 237 Votes