TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I see the similarity Connelly/Julia, at least I see it more than others on this thread. That still doesn't mean a conscious inspiration - especially with the idea of "mixing" two characters - it would be quite difficult to do so intentionally and still carry the characteristics. We all see similarities between real and fictional people, and of course fictional people we know can subconsciously influence how we slide the "lip fullness" settings or similar, but conscious recreation is a different beast.

(This goes for the looks, character is sometimes easier. But even then, hundreds of somewhat similar exist, not only the one I know from my cultural experiences)

Of course the only one who would know is Faerin himself.
internal-financial-controls-ke-sholay-3-638.jpg ;);)
When he says each girl, is Penelope included?
Pretty sure that is just the employees.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
1. Go and buy a fishing rod and torch from the store
2. Talk to Libby at the Stag about skinny dipping to unlock the lake
3, Go to the cave in the woods you will find three statues
4. Go fishing you should find a bronze spider in there
5. Explore the woods until you have found a crown
6. Go to Isabella's cottage during the day and you will find a bronze plaque
7. Go back to the cave and equip each statue with the appropriate item and you will receive a naked statue
8. Equip that statue to yourself and you can then unlock the special tier for the girls

You must also have done the bank vault puzzle and completed Orviles storyline

Reactions: TheDevian and Sycho

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Nitpicking the fun out of it: a character can be fictional, yet still inspired by others ;)
Not when it says that "any resemblance to real persons is purely coincidental".
"Inspired by" is, by definition, not a coincidence. Even if it's subliminal inspiration, it's still not a coincidence.

To be fair, the whole discussion seemingly has nothing to do with what inspired Faerin & solely to do with who the girls subjectively remind individual players of.
People stating their own, personal, view is fine.
But claiming it as being absolutely\definitely what the dev had in mind when he created the character is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

"I think she might have been inspired by..." is a perfectly valid opinion. I do not need to agree, but it's still what they subjectively think.
"She was definitely inspired by..." is a completely different statement, presented as if it was an absolute, objective, fact.
When it's not necessarily one.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Not when it says that "any resemblance to real persons is purely coincidental".
"Inspired by" is, by definition, not a coincidence. Even if it's subliminal inspiration, it's still not a coincidence.

To be fair, the whole discussion seemingly has nothing to do with what inspired Faerin & solely to do with who the girls subjectively remind individual players of.
People stating their own, personal, view is fine.
But claiming it as being absolutely\definitely what the dev had in mind when he created the character is a bit of a stretch, to say the least.

"I think she might have been inspired by..." is a perfectly valid opinion. I do not need to agree, but it's still what they subjectively think.
"She was definitely inspired by..." is a completely different statement, presented as if it was an absolute, objective, fact.
When it's not necessarily one.
I'll concede the point, I forgot about that part of the image. To be fair to me, it was only roughly 60% of the post and could easily be overlooked ...

I agree with the rest as well.

StingerWolf

Sep 5, 2017
You're welcome and thanks for the log... There's a couple of things you can try that should resolve the issue:
  1. Move the game's folder to C so the path would then be "C:\Mystwood Manor v0.9.4b" due to the path being too long.
  2. Go into your Nvidia Control Panel, "3d Settings" and disable V-Sync.
After you do one of the two, try replaying that scene again and see if the problem still persists.
I did not copy it to C, but reduced the neddlessly long path nad IT WORKED! Thank your very much!

Reactions: Cartageno and Sycho

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Yeah, according to Faerin, they were not really inspired by anyone in particular, but it's hard to say how the subconscious works, we all like to find patterns.
We also generally become surprised, when others do not see the same similarity as we do.
"Really?? You don't see it? Wow! But it's so clear, to me."
Which is presumably why, when one person sees something that makes them think of "Actress X", they automatically assume that Actress X must be who the dev had in mind.

I had the same discussion in DeLuca Family, recently. Someone thought a character there was "definitely inspired by" some Anime character that I'd never heard of, simply because she reminded him, personally, of that character.
I said that you might want to check that the dev has ever even watched the show, before saying the character in his game was definitely inspired by it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
We also generally become surprised, when others do not see the same similarity as we do.
"Really?? You don't see it? Wow! But it's so clear, to me."
Which is presumably why, when one person sees something that makes them think of "Actress X", they automatically assume that Actress X must be who the dev had in mind.

I had the same discussion in DeLuca Family, recently. Someone thought a character there was "definitely inspired by" some Anime character that I'd never heard of, simply because she reminded him, personally, of that character.
I said that you might want to check that the dev has ever even watched the show, before saying the character in his game was definitely inspired by it. :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I remember when I was still active on UESP (an Elder Scrolls wiki) where people were adding all kind of easter eggs and stuff alluding to this book or that movie ... until one day the dev spoke out and said something amounting to "we never heard of any of the games or characters you're mentioning here at all". Yes, people see similarities to what they know, but only 10% of the population even know of that character you think of and odds are the ones making a game are not in this group.

Harry Private

May 5, 2018
1. Go and buy a fishing rod and torch from the store
2. Talk to Libby at the Stag about skinny dipping to unlock the lake
3, Go to the cave in the woods you will find three statues
4. Go fishing you should find a bronze spider in there
5. Explore the woods until you have found a crown
6. Go to Isabella's cottage during the day and you will find a bronze plaque
7. Go back to the cave and equip each statue with the appropriate item and you will receive a naked statue
8. Equip that statue to yourself and you can then unlock the special tier for the girls

You must also have done the bank vault puzzle and completed Orviles storyline
Thanks

Volta

Apr 27, 2017
Is this the last update
The next update we're going to get, (released today, likely available tonight or this weekend) is the final update. The main story is complete and the ending is present in the game, i think there is either post game or side quest type content for this update then moving on to a new project (no idea what that is personally).

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes