Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It should be said though that some often used statistics like "coastline length" and here "largest city" just do not really have definitive answers. Different countries handle it differently, some give a kind of "city rights" to large rural areas (granted, they won't appear in this question), some include neighboring smaller cities, others don't, and you have megacities spanning across multiple administrative cities which have grown together - which made (maybe still makes) Essen the by far largest city in Germany in the CIA world factbook because they counted the whole Ruhr area in, when we in Germany do not even consider it top 5 with only a fraction of Berlin's size. But if they did it differently then they would compare apples to oranges in a way. So in the end there will be no "one correct answer" for the question but multiple which all have some claim to correctness.

Edit: I wrote that CIA considers Essen to be the largest city in the world, which of course was utter nonsense, I meant to say "in Germany", so corrected it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rb813 and Sycho

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
It should be said though that some often used statistics like "coastline length" and here "largest city" just do not really have definitive answers. Different countries handle it differently, some give a kind of "city rights" to large rural areas (granted, they won't appear in this question), some include neighboring smaller cities, others don't, and you have megacities spanning across multiple administrative cities which have grown together - which made (maybe still makes) Essen the by far largest city in the world in the CIA world factbook because they counted the whole Ruhr area in, when we in Germany do not even consider it top 5 with only a fraction of Berlin's size. But if they did it differently then they would compare apples to oranges in a way. So in the end there will be no "one correct answer" for the question but multiple which all have some claim to correctness.
Exactly. I got a bunch of search results that said the three most populous cities were Tokyo, Jakarta, Delhi (don't think Jakarta was even an option in the game). Google searches are not a universally uniform experience.

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Exactly. I got a bunch of search results that said the three most populous cities were Tokyo, Jakarta, Delhi (don't think Jakarta was even an option in the game). Google searches are not a universally uniform experience.
I copy / pasted the question into google and got the answers for the game. See my previous post.
Maybe it's region dependent?

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
So is story mode just a no go with the black screen after first customer arrived and staff meeting with mc's mother? Searched the thread and tried some stuffs but nothing seems to help.

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Maybe it's region dependent?
I don't know if it would even be based on region, just that Google's search engine attenuates their answers to the individual user, based on stuff like what they've searched before (and maybe sites they've visited, etc.). It shouldn't make much difference with a fact-based question like this, but I have had situations in the past where the Google results were giving me basically the opposite of what I asked for (that was more like some previous searches I had done) as if it was saying "you searched that, but I know you actually meant this." Really frustrating.

Anyway, the point is that you can't reasonably assume someone else will have the same experience of a Google search that you had. Maybe when it first came out, but it's not built like that anymore. (Not to mention that some people might use different search engines, or have those "snippets" at the top of the search result hidden by their ad blocker, or who knows what other weird edge cases. And that's on top of what's already been said about how the actual correct answer that Google should give you might change over the years.)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
And that's on top of what's already been said about how the actual correct answer that Google should give you might change over the years.)
they have on many things and will change but still doable (currently, can't say that about in future after 10, 20 or 50 years).

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I don't know if it would even be based on region, just that Google's search engine attenuates their answers to the individual user, based on stuff like what they've searched before (and maybe sites they've visited, etc.).
They certainly do that. I remember googling some ominous abbreviation at work I found in one document and immediately was shown the (for me) correct answer: some otherwise probably pretty obscure Spanish institute working in my field. I am positive that other users (or me if googling at home and not at work) would have gotten some of the more generally interesting answers I also found, like a popular video game or some US college team.

Reactions: xapican and rb813

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So is story mode just a no go with the black screen after first customer arrived and staff meeting with mc's mother? Searched the thread and tried some stuffs but nothing seems to help.
Yes, that's correct. There's no issues with Normal mode, though.

Reactions: TheDevian

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
cause that mode isn't meant to be played.
Then why is it there at all? Personally, I never even found out about the bug until I came to this thread because I like management, but why put a mode in the game if it's not meant to be played?

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Well, it even tells you at the beginning when you pick which mode you want to play in, that Story mode was not how the game was originally intended to be played. The reason for the inclusion was to give players that "AVN" feel to it without the need to manage the Manor, staff and guests. Having said all of that, the fixed version was never released here but it is available on Steam, Itch and Nutaku.

4.00 star(s) 244 Votes