Korder

Jul 12, 2017
Not a fan of using Illusion games for character models etc, but other than that this is admittedly a lot better than the average patreon shit.

rilemaxy

Aug 4, 2017
I played a few minutes of it, it is actually a pretty neat little game, and yeah honey select models, and no actual censorship that is just for patreon preview images.
I dont understand,why somebody wants to play this shit when you can play original illusion game lol.And they wont money.I think that this is unlegal.It is stealing work from others company man

Goronthil

Jul 14, 2017
Woaw !
It's an excellent game for its first version !! There are many characters (and more to come it seems), many good scenes (the daily BJ is a good reward after so many "quests")
I really like the concept of mini quests to up your reputation with the different girls ! And I really like the harem aspect (many character with different personalities and needs) I really hope the next update will have good new opportunities too. :)

georgetakei

May 8, 2017
Velvet pass - Gold pass , someone know it ?! plzz help
I'm pretty sure those aren't implemented yet.
Other than that the game is pretty good for a first release, a fun gameplay, that doesn't feel neither grindy, nor rushed, and has a lot of content. Also there's tons of random events happening to keep you entertained in the meantime.. very nice :D

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I dont understand,why somebody wants to play this shit when you can play original illusion game lol.And they wont money.I think that this is unlegal.It is stealing work from others company man
What the hell are you even talking about?
Honey Select have a Poser exactly to use it's models...

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Wow, good game. The quality of the UI, the maps, the images generated in Honey Select, etc., all of the highest quality. I was even embarrassed to see what it is possible to do with Renpy + Honey Select when compared to the shit I do, lol. Although it is only 0.1, there is already a huge amount of content. The creator is sure to win several thousand dollars at Patreon, much deserved.

What the hell are you even talking about?
Honey Select have a Poser exactly to use it's models...
The problem is to make commercial use of these images (Patreon counts as commercial use). And as far as I know, the images need to have the Illusion watermark. I suggest that Jikei do this in his game, put an Illusion png in the bottom right corner and an option to turn off the watermark.

seyfer110

Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
The problem is to make commercial use of these images (Patreon counts as commercial use). And as far as I know, the images need to have the Illusion watermark. I suggest that Jikei do this in his game, put an Illusion png in the bottom right corner and an option to turn off the watermark.
Is someone actually doing that? I Don't remember any game with honey select models with that watermark...But I might be wrong...

May 16, 2017
Gotta say, this was a real fun game. Not shy about the sexy stuff but not permanently in your face either. A good balance. And while MC isn't the most upstanding of guys, I like that he's not some ultra-exploiter like so many other games. I don't like my gals being treated like meat with a pussy. I beat the main stuff all in one go. Now I'm curious about the hidden content.

Also, to chime in, Patreon is not commercial gain. Commercial gain is value off a product, but Patreon openly states that it's a way to fund a person and is in no way permitted as a means of pushing said product. Basically, since paying the person is no guarantee a product will get made then it's support of a person, not the product and thus the product is not a commercial product.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Is someone actually doing that? I Don't remember any game with honey select models with that watermark...But I might be wrong...
Well, Boomatica who did the RIC said to me that 80% of his images had the Illusion watermark. I put watermark on mine too. Not that I think Illusion would waste time suing people who earn a few dollars at Patreon, but you never know, right?

Jikei's game, however, got more than 80 patrons in three days. I believe that his game is in another level of quality and consequently will have much more visibility. Maybe the Illusion guys don't care about games that earn $500 ou $1k at Patreon using their assets, but if this game hits $ 15k or $ 30k (something I think is perfectly possible) then I think it's better take some precautions. If my prediction is confirmed, then Mythic Manor will be an amateur game using Ilusion assets that probably earns more money than the Illusion games themselves, lol.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Also, to chime in, Patreon is not commercial gain. Commercial gain is value off a product, but Patreon openly states that it's a way to fund a person and is in no way permitted as a means of pushing said product. Basically, since paying the person is no guarantee a product will get made then it's support of a person, not the product and thus the product is not a commercial product.
Hmm, interesting. So basically the creators that use this content do not take legal risks, right? This goes against what some game developers have told me, but I think you're right.

Either way, putting on the watermark is a way to stay even safer. Because Patreon does not allow the use of material that infringes copyrights. If the images have the Illusion watermark, then the creator can defend himself by saying that he is making fair use of the material.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes