MrJay

Apr 21, 2017
For me personally, this game had THE best 0.1 release, with the most and highest quality content, out of any title I have tried on this site. So if there are one or two "slow" updates that still make a lot of necessary changes, I am more than fine with that.

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
You realise that regardless of when these things were added, people would still be complaining?
People will always complain, everywhere, this is the internet after all. It only depends on how many people will complain once an update rolls out.
This time it looked like there was lots of complaints coming. Probably made worse considering people were already complaining about music being added before the update went live.

Sodyaler

Sep 23, 2017
While true on the note of the game having to be completed, a completed game does not require sound/music to be considered so.
I personally like games that have little in terms of sound and music blasting you constantly, and games where I wholeheartedly enjoy the music accompanying it. Yet, music doesn't make or break the game, several other factors do. Extra pieces of story (not every event has to revolve around you dicking the other inhabitants of the manor) with great writing and interesting characters are, at least to me, far more important than ambience sounds or music in the background.
Same goes with repeatable scenes. While it's nice that this was added, I am now left wondering - why wasn't this added in earlier, where it would've taken up less time?
I'm happy for the additions that are there, but considering it took 2 months to basically add quality of life features and ambience sounds, I'm still left disappointed.
I get where you're coming from because a fleshed out story is also more important to me than sounds and music, but not every update has to be jam packed full of new content. The patch notes for this update are by no means small. I don't mean small as in the amount of bullet points, I mean in the amount of work that would have had to been put into what they did for the update. Re-writing code to make things easier for the future is no small task, on top of all the other QoL additions. But this is just one mans opinion on the internet. I just don't like seeing peoples hard work being looked down on because self entitled pricks didn't get what they wanted. That's not aimed at you, just in general.

Reactions: Ferdi Kafka

Amenahek

Oct 8, 2017
Okay so I get why people are dissapointed with this update but I really think people are overreacting. Going by the patch notes there are over 50 new events in this update (admittedly mostly small events), as well as various improvements and QoL changes to old content.

While it might feel dissapointing looking at this update in isolation, in the wider context of the game as a whole, updates like this one are what makes good games great, and I really think that people will be glad for this content further down the line.
I am a patron of Jikei. I also have access to the walkthrough. I checked all of those "new" events, and the majority of those repeatable sex scenes are literally ripped from previous level up sex scenes that are already in the gallery. There seems to be one actually "new" sex scene for each girl, and that may be being generous. The new Fanora and Esther special event is great, but the new Sunday event is a complete let down. The rest of the brand new side content are non-sex conversations and interactions like dates to the pool, beach, cafe... etc, which are essentially filler.

Reactions: Pr0man

Ferdi Kafka

Aug 4, 2017
I get where you're coming from because a fleshed out story is also more important to me than sounds and music, but not every update has to be jam packed full of new content. The patch notes for this update are by no means small. I don't mean small as in the amount of bullet points, I mean in the amount of work that would have had to been put into what they did for the update. Re-writing code to make things easier for the future is no small task, on top of all the other QoL additions. But this is just one mans opinion on the internet. I just don't like seeing peoples hard work being looked down on because self entitled pricks didn't get what they wanted. That's not aimed at you, just in general.
True. Besides, this update provided what I personally had been wanting for a LONG time with this game, and that was more repeatable content. It just didn't make sense that with all of the progress that we made with the girls we still only had a couple of repeatables. This update gave us a BUNCH, so while I do admit I'm a bit disappointed that there was no main content, I still like the update overall.

Reactions: aolli

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Re-writing code to make things easier for the future is no small task, on top of all the other QoL additions.
Heh, that's the problem with QoL additions - if they are missing, people will complain, if they are added and take up time to get working, people will also complain and yet you only know you want them once someone has such an idea. Regardless on how you do it, you do it wrong apparently. But totally right, it takes a good chunk of time to make code more modular to allow for easier work on segments in the future.

the majority of those repeatable sex scenes are literally ripped from previous level up sex scenes that are already in the gallery
While it's not inherently bad to rip previous scenes for the repeatables (many games do that after all), it does feel a bit cheap that they now just added that in when there's the gallery already there which is basically just doing that. I personally enjoyed the added sunday event, every bit that helps fleshing out characters is something I enjoy. And I assume that since it takes money to go out with the girls, it'll be used in some form of progression in order to unlock more interactions, so while for now it's just filler, it could be used to see more content later down the line.

skyusalol

Feb 4, 2018
game full bug I cant even give her shovel I cant click on it wtf this shit game idk how this shit can be a game

TripleZ

Jun 23, 2017
So basically a 'quality of life' type of update. Given the result i played through, I can see why it took time to set this up. Well at least that means that future story progression updates should be lengthier or come faster ( can only hope).
On a side note : the choices of music is perfect imo

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Ignore the drama Dev _ you can never please everyone. No question you are on the job and have a vision so keep doing what you do. Plan your work then work the plan.

Reactions: junior366

TheBatchCode

Oct 23, 2017
Is it normal for these devs to have a public road map to know what we're actually going to get? Hell dont blow your entire load but maybe give the patreons...4 or 5 updates notice in advance to know what theyre getting.

Cause honestly everyone was expecting Nef, what came out is fine but I feel like a lot of people are feeling blue balled.

Reactions: notamasochist

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
As a patreon, it kinda feels bad that 2 months were charged and we got basically nothing new. I was 100% on-board the train with everyone else thinking it was finally Nefari's turn but this is just insanely disappointing.

I cancelled my patreon, I just can't with devs who don't post road maps so we know when there's gonna be QOL updates/music added/code fixes etc, and then when an update comes out after so long, and it's just, nothing new, it just makes me feel like I was robbed the month prior.

My suggestion if the dev reads this page:

Add a road map so people know when to expect this update.
Possibly look into not charging a month if you know there's not gonna be new significant content so it doesn't feel like milking.

Example would be the dev behind OffCuts. He hasn't charged the last 2 months cause there hasn't been new content besides dev posts, and I will never drop my patreon off of him for that. I'm not paying a dev to read what they have to say, I'm paying to support early access to a game and watch it develop and enjoy it.

Just my two cents. Sorry for raging, it's just frustrating paying money for basically nothing.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
As a patreon, it kinda feels bad that 2 months were charged and we got basically nothing new. I was 100% on-board the train with everyone else thinking it was finally Nefari's turn but this is just insanely disappointing.

I cancelled my patreon, I just can't with devs who don't post road maps so we know when there's gonna be QOL updates/music added/code fixes etc, and then when an update comes out after so long, and it's just, nothing new, it just makes me feel like I was robbed the month prior.

Possibly look into not charging a month if you know there's not gonna be new significant content so it doesn't feel like milking.

Example would be the dev behind OffCuts. He hasn't charged the last 2 months cause there hasn't been new content besides dev posts, and I will never drop my patreon off of him for that. I'm not paying a dev to read what they have to say, I'm paying to support early access to a game and watch it develop and enjoy it.

Just my two cents. Sorry for raging, it's just frustrating paying money for basically nothing.
If the dev had posted a roadmap, you, and half his patreons would have cancelled anyway. And you aren't paying for basically nothing, QoL and code fixes are important and have to be done at somepoint (honestly the earlier the better).

Tacoman3000

Feb 20, 2018

If your were a Patron, you could've literally wrote this message to the dev when you cancelled. Why you'd post it here on the pirate forum instead is strange.

Sorrowz

May 27, 2017
If the dev had posted a roadmap, you, and half his patreons would have cancelled anyway. And you aren't paying for basically nothing, QoL and code fixes are important and have to be done at somepoint (honestly the earlier the better).
I'm supporting plenty of devs with roadmaps and have not cancelled. I appreciate knowing what is coming and respect people who take the time to plan out a roadmap, and do their best to stick to it.

If your were a Patron, you could've literally wrote this message to the dev when you cancelled. Why you'd post it here on the pirate forum instead is strange.
There's no reason not to post in both places. I'm sure I've provided you free content here once or twice, so I don't appreciate being told what I can and can't do.

Reactions: Jim Webb
D

Deleted member 59977

I think this viewpoint is unfair. Most of the people I support on patreon I have discovered on this website. People complaining about creators here gives me a better idea about the developers and whether or not it would be wise to support them.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes