DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
If it's planned to be a part of the game then it's fair to include it from the start as a warning, even if it's not there at the time. I'd be pretty pissed if you were playing a dating sim that turned into NTR in the 5th update without any warning.
Actually, that's against tagging rules, but I see your point.
2. Do not use tags that aren't currently available in-game/comic even if the creator says they'll be available in the future.

Rauzer

Jun 17, 2018
Bummer. It would be a fucking nightmare to try and re-code and re-tag everything, but it would definitely be nice.
The tagging system could use work yeah, and frankly i don't see why they don't do it like sad panda.

New tags show up everytime, sure tags are based on (a weighted) democracy vote for them. But you can have low/high content, new fetishes/ideas that finally get a name. Sometimes people go back to old stuff and add in new tags.

The advantage of this is that you just have new tags that usually is applied pretty well to all new and recent content. And well, these tags usually just don't show up for older content. So you just accept that that you don't re-tag everything, and just only add more specific/detailed tags.

I.e. instead of glasses, you could have a cum on glasses tag (and have it auto apply 'glasses' as well as tag). So people specifically searching that, see only with that tag. And it also shows in searching glasses. Old galleries tend to only have glasses tag though.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
The tagging system could use work yeah, and frankly i don't see why they don't do it like sad panda.

New tags show up everytime, sure tags are based on (a weighted) democracy vote for them. But you can have low/high content, new fetishes/ideas that finally get a name. Sometimes people go back to old stuff and add in new tags.

The advantage of this is that you just have new tags that usually is applied pretty well to all new and recent content. And well, these tags usually just don't show up for older content. So you just accept that that you don't re-tag everything, and just only add more specific/detailed tags.

I.e. instead of glasses, you could have a cum on glasses tag (and have it auto apply 'glasses' as well as tag). So people specifically searching that, see only with that tag. And it also shows in searching glasses. Old galleries tend to only have glasses tag though.
Sad panda is the best tagging system I've come accross, would work great here. It's a pretty big investment but I really think it would be worth it. They'd also have to up the tag limit though, Because several games have already hit it.

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
Sweet Jesus.

What? You get a pregnant sex scene, that is more than most of these games give you for it ...especially this early in the game. It's what we call foreshadowing. It would be weird for any of them to be visibly pregnant this soon.
You managed to miss the point I see. Someone who hasn't the slightest clue about the game and only reads the synopsis and checks the tags (i.e. anyone who sees the game and wonders what it has to offer),
reading "pregnancy", that someone will expect the real deal, even if it's only in the epilogue,
not random pregnant chicks, and not an irrelevant, bloody dream either.
And no, you don't get a pregnant sex scene, you get a dream scene.
You call it "foreshadowing", I call it "unsubstantiated claim on your part". Maybe it'll be a thing, maybe not, you don't know that for sure, and even if it's planned, it might never be implemented for whatever reason.
And how "early" it is yet again irrelevant considering you can keep on playing the game for hundreds of days -for months. How exactly is that early?

Let me put it this way
No, please, let ME put it this way:

Tags should mark relevant aspects of games.
People check tags to find content they want.
Pregnancy is not yet relevant by any stretch of the word. At most it's a teaser.
Therefore the tag is misleading and should be removed.

Reactions: Kyraga

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
Sweet Jesus.

You managed to miss the point I see. Someone who hasn't the slightest clue about the game and only reads the synopsis and checks the tags (i.e. anyone who sees the game and wonders what it has to offer),
reading "pregnancy", that someone will expect the real deal, even if it's only in the epilogue,
You call it "foreshadowing", I call it "unsubstantiated claim on your part". Maybe it'll be a thing, maybe not, you don't know that for sure, and even if it's planned, it might never be implemented for whatever reason.
And how "early" it is yet again irrelevant considering you can keep on playing the game for hundreds of days -for months. How exactly is that early?

Pregnancy is not yet relevant by any stretch of the word. At most it's a teaser.
I absolutely agree that that's how tags should work, preferably with a major/minor tag system, but the admins have made it pretty clear that anything is tagged regardless of how much it appears in the game, take it up with them if you want, I think a fair few people agree.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
At the risk of further derailing the thread (and that discussion is a good topic for general), tags here are objective, it has pregnant scenes, it gets the tag. Relevancy and opinion on taste are subjective, who gets to define if a game has enough preggo content to be tagged as such? The amount of work needed for such a system to work is just not worth it, especially is a community as volatile as f95zone.

aolli

Nov 15, 2018
At the risk of further derailing the thread (and that discussion is a good topic for general), tags here are objective, it has pregnant scenes, it gets the tag. Relevancy and opinion on taste are subjective, who gets to define if a game has enough preggo content to be tagged as such? The amount of work needed for such a system to work is just not worth it, especially is a community as volatile as f95zone.
Pirate forum? Volatile? Well I never...

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
a major/minor tag system
Now that'd solve problems.

but the admins have made it pretty clear that anything is tagged regardless of how much it appears in the game
Now this I did not know about. I have hoped it's based on consensus, apparently we're back to 'fuck me'. Oh well.
Still disappointing, because this is essentially the only reason I tried the game.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
[...] but the admins have made it pretty clear that anything is tagged regardless of how much it appears in the game[...]
Why is the "Creampie" tag missing here, then (and on various other games)?

And can I do something to change that where appropriate (besides mentioning it in my reviews)?

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
who gets to define if a game has enough preggo content to be tagged as such?
I mean, if it is then it is, but tell me,
if a game had a room with a poster or a screen's wallpaper of a pregnant character, would it get the tag?
If a game had a nameless, fully clothed pregnant character with no interactions appearing once, would it get the tag?
"Who decides" was made clear, better question would be "how's the decision made".

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
Why is the "Creampie" tag missing here, then (and on various other games)?

And can I do something to change that where appropriate (besides mentioning it in my reviews)?
If it doesn't have that yet, then it definitely needs it. In order to make changes to the OP, you just report the OP and type whatever it is you think needs changing. The mods will take care of it whenever they get around to it.

I mean, if it is then it is, but tell me,
if a game had a room with a poster or a screen's wallpaper of a pregnant character, would it get the tag?
If a game had a nameless, fully clothed pregnant character with no interactions appearing once, would it get the tag?
"Who decides" was made clear, better question would be "how's the decision made".
I think it gets a tag if it involves sexual content. Like, footjob (or w/e the hell the tag is for feet fetish) wouldn't get added because there are shots of feet, but it would get added if there were feet involved in a sexual way like a footjob or foot worship.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sweet Jesus.

It is in the game, and what you ask, may be there, we have no idea yet. The tag is fitting, as there is a pregnant sex scene, dreamt or not, it is there, and you have to play thought it if you want to proceed.

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
If it doesn't have that yet, then it definitely needs it. In order to make changes to the OP, you just report the OP and type whatever it is you think needs changing. The mods will take care of it whenever they get around to it.
That just worked like a charm, thanks! :)(y)

Reactions: DrFog

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
No, it's not in the game yet.
Also no, you don't need to see it to proceed. In fact, it's easy to miss.
By the way, good job avoiding addressing my argument.
It is in the game, a dream in the game is just a much a scene you have to play though as any other.
Sure, you can skip it, if you don't want to play Esther's route I suppose, but all content should be optional really. I can see how you might forget it (which is your problem, not the game's), but I can't see how you could skip it and play her route. But if you skip her, that's your fault, not the tags.
You point is not valid, as the content is in the game in one form or another, how it is in the game is not relevant, it's there. Just because it is not in there in the way you want it, doesn't nullify the fact that it is present.

...Oh well, moving on.

Mossrock

Jul 23, 2018
It is in the game
You weren't talking about the dream. Now you do.

Don't try to pull that with me.

a dream in the game is just a much a scene you have to play though as any other.
No, you don't have to, especially not "as any other". It requires a specific trigger players can very easily miss. It's not a mandatory part of her route.

Just because it is not in there in the way you want it
You know what intuitive means? This is not intuitive. It's not about what I want, it's about what people, generally, would expect upon reading the tags. But I already told you that, you just forgot to give a damn.

Tags aren't for people like you, who have played through the game already. Tags are for people who haven't.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes