osmifor

Mar 29, 2020
Making these games are really easy, isn't it? You just need to use renpy and honey select and a bit of simple coding.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Making these games are really easy, isn't it? You just need to use renpy and honey select and a bit of simple coding.
Not exactly, no, there is also writing a story, posing, animations, and set design all in Studio NEO, map making, UI design, and more. That said, it's not rocket science either, so hey, go for it, we can never have too many people making games. I am working on a few myself, though not in ren'py. It can help to have a team to make help keep you focused and balance your shortcomings (whatever they might be), but some of the best games on the site are teams of one, so it can work either way.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Lain's mods get released just like the games, for patreons first then for everyone else. The thread now has the mod.

dorks76

Apr 21, 2020
thank you very much. this is the best one i encounter for a while. i hope the story keep on continues soon. there is 0.14 update, but i have yet to finish 0.13 xD hahaha i cant be greedy

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
0.13 is the latest version, it just got it's a few days ago. Be at least two months for 0.14 I'd imagine.

Reactions: TheDevian

PapaSnabes1

Feb 15, 2020
Man, so far this game is really great.
I would like to see more of the girl simply named "Employee" from "Cliterature". It would be awesome for her to be made a side-girl somehow... her model is awesome.

That said, it's all about taste, I know. And one man's dream is another man's flush. Whatever happens, I'm all in on this game so far, and am looking fwd to the direction it takes from here. :)

Reactions: TheDevian

osmifor

Mar 29, 2020
Not exactly, no, there is also writing a story, posing, animations, and set design all in Studio NEO, map making, UI design, and more. That said, it's not rocket science either, so hey, go for it, we can never have too many people making games. I am working on a few myself, though not in ren'py. It can help to have a team to make help keep you focused and balance your shortcomings (whatever they might be), but some of the best games on the site are teams of one, so it can work either way.
If you have a bit of experience at rigging and animating in blender it's not much of a big deal. And for someone who has so many detailed fantasy the story should me fun to make. So if you do it as a hobby it shouldn't be much of a problem. But I probably should check the license on the illusion's neo studio I am a bit skeptical.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
If you have a bit of experience at rigging and animating in blender it's not much of a big deal. And for someone who has so many detailed fantasy the story should me fun to make. So if you do it as a hobby it shouldn't be much of a problem. But I probably should check the license on the illusion's neo studio I am a bit skeptical.
If you have the version from FAKKU, then you could have issues, otherwise, it's generally not a problem.

Using the illusion software you also have a number of built in animations, so it is not as bad as some, much easier than Blender for example.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes