hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
And even that, is not a sex scene, they just show it for a moment.
So then what is the point in having it in the game? It's such an obviously contentious thing to just throw in there for no reason... if 99.99999% of your game content is targeted at a straight audience, throwing in a random chick with a dick is going to cause you a lot of drama and lost audience over nothing.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
So then what is the point in having it in the game? It's such an obviously contentious thing to just throw in there for no reason... if 99.99999% of your game content is targeted at a straight audience, throwing in a random chick with a dick is going to cause you a lot of drama and lost audience over nothing.
Humor? A way to keep most people from wanting to fuck one of your LI's sister (for now)? Shock value?
Hard to say what they had in mind. I assume it was to show how extreme some of the experiments and potions are.
It's not something she will always have, it was something that she had temporarily due to a potion.

Reactions: EJW and DickMcFuck

Ultralazuli

Jul 8, 2018
Feels like it's been forever since this had an update, and since Jade had some new content.

I would make a BG3 EA reference but that might not be fair, considering this prolly has a much smaller dev team.

Xonra

Nov 28, 2019
I’ll tell you a secret, friend, when no one donates, developers lose interest in developing the game.
They have over 9k patreon members my guy.

I'll tell you the real secret; Not updating in 8 months makes people lose interest in the developer. How tf they still have so many subs blows my mind. It's officially into "ridiculous" territory when there is absolutely no sign of any updates coming any time soon.

I was subbed for 2 months with no real updates (as in an update when there will be new content) and I just said nevermind.

RandomMilf

Oct 20, 2019
The game is not their main source of income.
They have a real job and a real life that come first.
They only work on it when they have time, as a hobby.
It is well known that they only do 2 or 3 releases a year.

It is not a case of milking, since it is often said that the game only releases a few times a year, and it has been that way for years.
Many games on F95 become the devs main source of income, because that is what the developers are hoping for, but not all.
Some just do it as a hobby.

Are there games on F95 that are milking people?
FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!
Games like Big Brother, which is notorious for never finishing the fucking games, and restarting the games over and over and over again, or having releases with so called bug fixes, and little to no new game content.
But Mythic Manor is not one of them.
Mythic Manor updates are usually sizeable, and well done when they are released.
It's a hobby for the dev, so releases come out, when the dev has the time to work on them, and it is not the only game like that on f95 that is a hobby for the dev, not a job.
It is an understandable sentiment. As you said, we've had our fair share of games who have milked their player-base, so it is logical for people to become more and more cautious about it. These people look at the amount of money a developer makes on their patreon, or equivalent, and then they jump to conclusions, almost as a way to cope, and answer to themselves, as to why a game is not being updated even though it is making so much money. That the developer should "treat those people's money with more respect," and whatnot.

Personally, I prefer to not assume either way, because both are possible on ANY game. The only person who knows for certain is the creator themselves.

But regardless, none of it matters. If someone feels like their money, isn't being valued by the developer, don't support them. The same way, if the thought of the game being abandoned, due to lack of funding, weighs more on your mind than possibly losing that money does, support the creator.

It's your choice, and only your own, do what you want and respect others that do what they want, even if that is wasting money in your eyes. At least, that's how I see it.

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
According to graphtreon, they had a peak of 2000 paid patreon members, that's dropped to under 1000 since the last update.

The pattern of radio silence doesn't bode well.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
They bounce back and forth between targets.
The regulars at another game that the same idiots target started to report their posts and add them to their ignore lists, so they moved on to the next target.
Trolls can't have any fun, if everyone is ignoring them.

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
They have over 9k patreon members my guy.

I'll tell you the real secret; Not updating in 8 months makes people lose interest in the developer. How tf they still have so many subs blows my mind. It's officially into "ridiculous" territory when there is absolutely no sign of any updates coming any time soon.

I was subbed for 2 months with no real updates (as in an update when there will be new content) and I just said nevermind.
Just remember that members and paid members are 2 different numbers on the site now. Just following a dev makes you a +1 to their member count. Granted, they still have 950 people subbed but who knows what tier. Might be the 2 dollar tier for all we know which would mean making less than minimum wage, a lot less, per month. Just not something you put time in to unless you're retired and don't have a job to go to every day. :HideThePain:

Reactions: TheDevian

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
To be fair... This is not on the same quality level as many of the games we see today on F95. The graphics, overall game design, writing, etc. are probably around a C+ at best. Mind you I am not talking about taste / preference / artistic direction - just plain old fashioned quality.

That should logically translate into a much shorter timeframe to release updates, as it should take much less time (compared to games like A House in the Rift, Stray Incubus, Eternum, Harem Hotel, etc.)

So while I understand that bitching about wanting updates faster is very commonplace on F95 (most of us myself included are guilty of it at times,) in this case it seems like a legitimate complaint. Also, from what I have seen, quality as I described above has A LOT to do with how much they can make on Patreon... If they aren't happy with their revenue, maybe they need to look into putting out higher quality content.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
To be fair... This is not on the same quality level as many of the games we see today on F95. The graphics, overall game design, writing, etc. are probably around a C+ at best. Mind you I am not talking about taste / preference / artistic direction - just plain old fashioned quality.

That should logically translate into a much shorter timeframe to release updates, as it should take much less time (compared to games like A House in the Rift, Stray Incubus, Eternum, Harem Hotel, etc.)

So while I understand that bitching about wanting updates faster is very commonplace on F95 (most of us myself included are guilty of it at times,) in this case it seems like a legitimate complaint. Also, from what I have seen, quality as I described above has A LOT to do with how much they can make on Patreon... If they aren't happy with their revenue, maybe they need to look into putting out higher quality content.
Point A: Mythic Manor is made using Honey select, and as Honey Select based games go, it is better than most for image quality.

Point B: While it does not yet seem to have any direct story route set in place, the events can be entertaining.
Obviously not all events will be things that everyone is into, so as is typical, we all have to put up with content that others will enjoy more.

Point C: Mythic Manor is a solo project.
Unlike the vast majority of games on F95, there is no team of people working on different aspects of the game.
It's one person who has to do everything for the game, in their spare time.

And in reference to the people who whine about release times and milking, I should point out the main page of this thread, in the very first post.
Quote:
"Mythic Manor is a " free " adult interactive visual novel game offering a new home and a new world. Delve deep into your fantasies and experience the day-to-day life of sharing a manor with five gorgeous “mythic girls”. Spend time and build relationships with the characters you like in currently over 70 unique character events plus special hidden events! The game is developed with Ren'Py solely by me, Jikei."

The release schedule would be the same, whether people were donating to the dev, or not, since they are offering it to everyone, "FOR FREE!".
People who choose to donate to the dev, choose to do so of their own free will, for as long as they may choose.
They can cancel at any time, and still get free access to the game, just like everyone else.

Last edited:

BebopPiggo

Jul 22, 2023
... I honestly wonder if this is Digdug's second job or something. He is weirdly persistent on this very particular subject.

He's also simply wrong on point C. This one is a made by a duo, Jikei, and Reiralie. Smallest possible team, sure, but still not a solo project. It's right there on the homepage.

4.50 star(s) 189 Votes