VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
Hey, I heard y'all like torturing me with questions?
(Muahahaha)

First,
What appeals to you about the low fantasy setting?

Is it for comfort as a writer? To keep one foot in the real world so you always have something you can reliably draw on? Is it the notion that there could be hidden elements in our world that we don't know about? Or maybe just a practical decision for ease of scene-building and rendering? :LOL:

For me, it's always been more appealing to explore and map a world and a time that I'm unfamiliar with. It feels like only going halfway if you don't also customize the setting to fit your story.

Secondly, and I don't blame you if you don't want to tackle this one...
What prompted you to identify as non-binary? And what does that mean to you?

(You did say at some point you consider yourself as such, right? If not, then please disregard this bumbling soul :cool: )

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
This was very captivating, as a reader who's favorites include The Wheel of Time, The Sword of Truth & The Stormlight Archives I'd like to say this felt like an amazing read with Great lewd scenes, I mean this as a compliment as I'd read this and stop to find a couple hours went by & feeling like it had been much less.

Amazing work, can't wait for the next chapter, that ending had me like
shocked-burn.gif

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
How many questions can I ask?
... is this a question you want answered in the segment? XD The linked post will tell you that you can ask as many questions as you like (but I may ignore some if they overlap with other people's questions).

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
... is this a question you want answered in the segment? XD The linked post will tell you that you can ask as many questions as you like (but I may ignore some if they overlap with other people's questions).
Okay, thanks, I just didn't want to overload you.
So:
Do you like adult games? If so, which are your favourites?
Do your friends know you're developing a game?
What is your job in real life?
How similar are you to your avatar?
Where did you get the inspiration for Mythos?
Plans for the future? I mean, will you make a new game when the current one is finished?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
This was very captivating, as a reader who's favorites include The Wheel of Time, The Sword of Truth & The Stormlight Archives I'd like to say this felt like an amazing read with Great lewd scenes, I mean this as a compliment as I'd read this and stop to find a couple hours went by & feeling like it had been much less.

Amazing work, can't wait for the next chapter, that ending had me like
View attachment 2356138
Thank you so much for this! :) Brandon Sanderson is actually one of my favourite authors, though I've only read his Mistborn stuff. I have watched all his lectures on writing, however - they were pretty helpful to me, even if a lot of what he advised turned out to be stuff I was doing anyway! :ROFLMAO: He's fun to listen to when he talks about writing.

I always appreciate reviews!

SumTingWong0420

Aug 30, 2018
Thank you so much for this! :) Brandon Sanderson is actually one of my favourite authors, though I've only read his Mistborn stuff. I have watched all his lectures on writing, however - they were pretty helpful to me, even if a lot of what he advised turned out to be stuff I was doing anyway! :ROFLMAO: He's fun to listen to when he talks about writing.

I always appreciate reviews!
I haven't read anything by Sanderson other than the Stormlight Archives, which are amazing! I discovered him as he finished The Wheel of Time (which the great Robert Jordan authored and passed away a few novels b4 the series was set to end, ToR & Jordan's wife choose Sanderson to finish his Epic fantasy Saga that blends aspects of most religions / cultures) not to detour you from your VN stuff but if you enjoy Sanderson check out the Stormlight Archives and maybe even the Wheel of Time, tho that one requires some time set aside.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords if you had to pick between:
a)admitting yours is one of the best games in the industry
b)joining Coldplay on their 8 months long world tour as the storyteller running their "werewolf" game
would you get a commemorative t-shirt for Morgana?
Oh my god... :ROFLMAO: Is this for "Ask the Dev" or just you being curious?

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes