VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 62 Votes
Apr 29, 2021
View attachment 4031232

Mythos on Steam!

Some have noticed I didn't post a weekly update last week. It was because I was working on this: Mythos is coming to Steam! It took a bit more finagling than I'd thought, but I got there!

The full details of what this means for the future of Mythos and the release of the final chapter of Book One will be detailed in the Weekly Update coming this Sunday (the 15th), but if you would be so kind as to add Mythos to your Steam Wishlists I'd really appreciate it - that puts me into the algorithm that makes my game more visible somehow. It's magic or something, I dunno.

Congratulations Nine for Mythos coming to Steam. it'll be a quality one in the AVN game collection and wishlisted it as well

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords
Apr 29, 2021
View attachment 4037101

Weekly Update - September 15th, 2024

I mean... kinda blew all the excitement on Friday the 13th update, but here's some more details about the Steam release and other junk.

Nice to read another one of your logs; was taken by surprise when saw August 15th on the log entry at the top so had to see the calendar once to verify as did remember this was certainly September lol(was referring to the image below)

1726424968784.png

But yea jokes aside am glad to see a game like Mythos on Steam finally, it is what it deserves for all it brings to the table in terms of its uniqueness. Also do appreciate you answering the questions as did have some of them, so nice to have them sorted as well. Once again congratulations for all your hard work Nine and expect the Steam release goes on smoothly along with Mythos getting the popularity it so rightly deserves.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I'm sorry. I don't mean to complain but what the fuck happened here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not saying it's better or worse, but why so different? :unsure:
So between chapters, something corrupted my Daz installation. I eventually fixed it, but the characters got these big eyes from about that point until I figured out what was causing it.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Yeah, i understand, but it's not just that.
The very models are way different '-'
Hmm, you think so? Other than the faces, they should still be the same.

On another note, though:

update20240922.jpg

Weekly Update - September 22nd, 2024

I was home alone, playing cozy games, doing renders, and... crocheting?

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
I'm sorry. I don't mean to complain but what the fuck happened here.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not saying it's better or worse, but why so different? :unsure:
So between chapters, something corrupted my Daz installation. I eventually fixed it, but the characters got these big eyes from about that point until I figured out what was causing it.
Tara Large Eyes01.jpg

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020

On another note, though:

View attachment 4061602

So when Morgana isn't here, you can focus more on the game...
Does it mean that, if we want you to finish faster, we should all chip in to pay for her an one-month cruise in Antarctica to observe penguins in their natural environment?
:)

Hullahopp

Dec 26, 2018
The very models are way different
This is true. One model is black, the other white. ;)

HogRocket

Tara Large Eyes01.jpg

Hey, she has eyes just like mine now!
(Except mine's red. I haven't slept in 30 hours for GDP boosting reasons.)

Nine of Swords

Steam: Maybe we should have a clearly vampire image. Spoiler I know, but they are quite popular.

Crochet: That's a really great thing!

images.jpg

So when Morgana isn't here, you can focus more on the game...
But... Penguins are dangerous! I don't trust them!

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2021

On another note, though:

View attachment 4061602

Nice to read another log. Did see the Steam page and it's even more appealing for someone viewing the game for the first occasion, so am glad you were able to constructively work around that while not changing too much on what the game stands for along with working on numerous renders. For Steam think the message about the game's preview and genre is clear and fixes make sense as well. Also glad your initial tests turned out well and the crochet was a fun activity for you, am often amazed by how people make so creative things from that and it seems a way of relaxation also.

Thanks for reading Dev, best wishes for ahead:)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords
4.80 star(s) 62 Votes