VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
This is my first project! As for how people know me... that's kind of a mystery even to me. I kinda hung out in a few AVN discords and made some friends who have been wonderfully supportive.
So you caught my attention with your interview for lewdpixels. I stumbled across your interview there about several female developers.

I can tell you that at that time it was not that easy to find out anything about you, or rather about the game you are developing. In any case, it took some detours until I found your patreonaccount.

For a bit of insight into how Mythos came about -- this was originally a story I'd outlined for a novel I was going to write. When I stumbled into the world of AVNs, I decided to go this route instead... which is strange, since the main character in the novel was an asexual girl, and the MC in the game is not (unless you choose for them to be).

The only ones I won't be putting in are those that Patreon dislikes (loli and incest), and those I personally dislike (pregnancy, feet, and scat).
Afar, the creation of the story and how you came to AVNs were also topics of the interview.

About pregnancy :cry:

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I assume that if you choose the female MC that there will be the possibility of heavy female on female sex. And the MMC will be able to romance the same characters. Okay. but will the FMC have the possibility to optionally romance males, and the MMC have corresponding optional gay content?
I don't have any plans for male love interests, currently. I'm not saying they're off the table, just that I haven't thought about it and so far nobody has shown interest.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I don't have any plans for male love interests, currently. I'm not saying they're off the table, just that I haven't thought about it and so far nobody has shown interest.
Good! Keep it that way. :D

While there is a lot of gay interest on F95, that's just not for me.

Of course, you should do what you want to do with YOUR game, and not listen to what I want. :)

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
You will make a couple of female users here VERY happy if you keep the F MC a lesbian only route.
Couple of users.. Not All female players of f95. Yes, I too seen only one or two lesbian, bisexual players popular in f95, but straight girls do exist in f95 too. Just not bold enough to be vocally active in f95 but sure playing and supporting the games silently.

Reactions: TundraLupus

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Okay, finished the preview, it was quite good. Had some great moments, good humor, enjoyable. Not thrilled about it being a harem game as only Tara really appeals to me. There were a few typos/misspellings but nothing egregious or "engrish". I'll definitely keep my eye on it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I have to say, I'm honestly glad that Tara seems to be so well-received; one of my big worries was that she, in particular, would be disliked.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I was able to unlock all of the achievements but the 2nd one which doesn't have a trigger as it's not even in the game yet from what I can see.
I just tested my preview build and it the achievement appeared to be working properly. Note that the achievements aren't always awarded immediately -- for example, in this one's case, you won't get the notification until you go a few more clicks through.

If it's still not working, feel free to send me a DM to see if we can figure this out. :)

winini

Jan 10, 2019
This VN was very pleasant to read! The writing is good, the characters are colorful(both in personality and appearance) and the game is just stylish overall. It is also the second game that made me fall in love in its female protagonist! The best girl is definitely the one you see in the mirror:sneaky:

Is there any other ways to support the developer other than Patreon? Unfortunately i can't financially support projects on the regular basis at the moment. Plus i really dislike Patreon, they screw over some of the creators in the past and i'm afraid they will do it again.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Traceback error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch001epilogue.rpy", line 76, in script
if sophia_meal == "burger":
File "game/ch001epilogue.rpy", line 76, in <module>
NameError: name 'sophia_meal' is not defined

Isn't it suppose to be b_meal listed there?

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Traceback error.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ch001epilogue.rpy", line 76, in script
File "game/ch001epilogue.rpy", line 76, in <module>
NameError: name 'sophia_meal' is not defined
I'm going to put up a hotfix for that in just a moment! :)

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Definitely putting this on the watch list. Enjoyed all of it and liked all the girls except Sophia. She reminds me too much of Teal'c from Stargate...a cool character but not what I'm looking for in a love interest.

Have to echo Mortarionabout the lack of pregnancy :cry: Here I was hoping for a knocked up Tara.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Updated the OP with a hotfix for those that are crashing during the epilogue of the full version. It'll save you from having to re-download the whole thing.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Nine of Swords

It seems you don't get a traceback error if you order the hangover burger twice it only appears if you only ate it once. If you eat it twice then sophia_burger is defined.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes