VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
This one is a good point, and it was a tough balancing act for the first chapter. Even though it's overall going to be a comedy (I hope!), the first chapter has to establish the world and a murder. I put in humor where I could, but there had to be a good bit of exposition and a death... And I don't want the actual *death* to be a joke (I know, I'm a softy).

The coming chapters will be able to ease up quite a bit! :) One example I give for my tone is my favourite movie - Clue. The first part seems mostly serious and played straight, with a few chuckle bits as the scenario is established... But it becomes very clearly comedic once the set pieces are in place.
TBH I was more than ok with the amount of comedy in the 1st release and didn't feel the need for more of it. But then again I'm not really a fan of comedies in the 1st place and I find too many jokes to lessen or even kill the (erotic) tension for me.

BTW I did replay the game to see if anything changes depending on player's noticing B in 'choose your gender' screen :p Didn't notice any changes though :( but I like B even more now that I've played the game twice.

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
BTW I did replay the game to see if anything changes depending on player's noticing B in 'choose your gender' screen :p Didn't notice any changes though :( but I like B even more now that I've played the game twice.
Just because you didn't notice doesn't mean nothing happened. ;) There's a lot of things that are going to drive changes later on... Even seemingly harmless choices.

I hope you enjoyed your lunches!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mister_M

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
2 adventurous burgers and 2 healthy salads! And I still want more!
A note I want to make here, since this surprised a few of my testers... The hangover burger is a real thing! I'm not sure if it's a local thing or if people just wipe it from their minds, but it's something around here you can actually get - - at your own peril.

Reactions: VOYEUR

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
A note I want to make here, since this surprised a few of my testers... The hangover burger is a real thing! I'm not sure if it's a local thing or if people just wipe it from their minds, but it's something around here you can actually get - - at your own peril.
are you implying that the choice of meals will decide which school of magic K-cup will adhere?

• Haha
Reactions: Nine of Swords

J1215

Dec 15, 2019
Looks great, I will give it a try. I just saw this render in your patreon and this girl looks gorgeous, I have a weakness for pink spandex. I hope she will have a lot of screen time.

View attachment 1038926
It would be interesting to see this girl (in pink Lycra tights) further in the game!
By the way, this girl appeared in Ch. 1 (she was walking the street when the MC was talking to Rain on the phone)

Reactions: Nine of Swords

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Mythos: Book One [Ch1 Full] [Nine of Swords]

Original Size Win: 1,04 GB

Compressed Size Win: 197 MB (339 MB unpacked)

Compressed Size MAC: 184 MB (303 MB unpacked) (untested, Feedback would be nice)

Win:

Mac:

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

done by Cruncher v0.4.1.1(BAS@f95zone)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
Quite a promising start! Definitely will have to re-check this down the line.

Characters seem especially well written and with those descriptions in the sex scenes, you could even drop the animations in favor of more angles and more text. I know, I'm weird. :)

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Quite a promising start! Definitely will have to re-check this down the line.

Characters seem especially well written and with those descriptions in the sex scenes, you could even drop the animations in favor of more angles and more text. I know, I'm weird. :)
I also prefer still images to animations, but only if there is enough of them to see the progression of the scene. Erotic scenes need to be build up. show us how the girl takes off her clothes piece by piece, how she looks into our eyes, how she slowly walks towards us... things like that.

Coaxmetal

Nov 29, 2019
I also prefer still images to animations, but only if there is enough of them to see the progression of the scene. Erotic scenes need to be build up. show us how the girl takes off her clothes piece by piece, how she looks into our eyes, how she slowly walks towards us... things like that.
Absolutely. Build up, descriptions ect all are way better/hotter than short animation clips. There is a sad lack of simple touching in almost every animated sex scene. Imagine grabbing the growling Tara by the scruff, touching, caressing... Instead with animations it is generally this:

just-pumping.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: winini

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
One thing I will say about the story is that I love how the MC, as in all games I've played, is told that the answer is
and he doesn't even bat an eye. As if
is just a fact of life in Baltimore (maybe it is, I only know it from the book/show Homicide - yes, I also haven't seen the Wire).

Anyway, other than that I think the first chapter was very strong, one could say it is even streets ahead. Look forward to seeing where it goes.

winini

Jan 10, 2019
One thing I will say about the story is that I love how the MC, as in all games I've played, is told that the answer is
and he doesn't even bat an eye. As if
is just a fact of life in Baltimore (maybe it is, I only know it from the book/show Homicide - yes, I also haven't seen the Wire).

Anyway, other than that I think the first chapter was very strong, one could say it is even streets ahead. Look forward to seeing where it goes.
According to one video game i played a long time ago, there is also creepy murderous monsters and evil secret organisation in Baltimore as well.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
(maybe it is, I only know it from the book/show Homicide - yes, I also haven't seen the Wire).
I haven't seen Homicide, either! I'm the worst Baltimorian.

Anyway, other than that I think the first chapter was very strong, one could say it is even streets ahead.
I love that people get this reference!!! There's more obscure ones to be sure, but this one I just kinda threw into the dialogue and didn't draw any attention to it. My headcanon is that Mythos takes place in an alternate reality where streets ahead successfully became slang, which lead to Pierce staying alive and funding research to prevent COVID from happening -- that's how it all takes place in Spring of 2020.

According to one video game i played a long time ago, there is also creepy murderous monsters and evil secret organisation in Baltimore as well.
Having lived here for decades, I think that may be pretty close to the truth.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes