• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Rostnik

Jan 26, 2019
Just one question, where in state of Maryland especially in Baltimore you would find so many people with southern accent, also known as hillbillies?

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Just one question, where in state of Maryland especially in Baltimore you would find so many people with southern accent, also known as hillbillies?
It's just Tara, really - and she lived in Hampstead before she moved closer to the city as a kid. Her family has the accent from out that way (like my great-grandparents did).

Rostnik

Jan 26, 2019
It's just Tara, really - and she lived in Hampstead before she moved closer to the city as a kid. Her family has the accent from out that way (like my great-grandparents did).
I've been in hampstead, never heard nobody talking like that there , closest would be north Carolina...

afterlights

Jan 31, 2020
Wow, a fantastic beginning! An interesting well-written mix of genres and some beautiful models and renders.

Will "????" as the waitress' name be a running joke?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Wow, a fantastic beginning! An interesting well-written mix of genres and some beautiful models and renders.

Get far enough and you find out her name, to be honest the thing with this I dislike is the constant swithching between the two characters, I have a tendency to loose track of just what the hell I choose with one after a bit playing the other.

Reactions: Nine of Swords

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Sort of! There's a way to discover her name, and once you do the joke takes on a whole different context.

Get far enough and you find out her name, to be honest the thing with this I dislike is the constant swithching between the two characters, I have a tendency to loose track of just what the hell I choose with one after a bit playing the other.
Oh, are you playing through as both MCs? That's dedication!

Reactions: afterlights

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
As far as I can tell you have no choice the game switches between them after a certain number of days. Either that or I missed an option to stop that happening.
Hmm... the current game only has two days, and there shouldn't be any switching at all; once you choose male or female at the start it should stay that way.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Excellent game. I really enjoyed the story, only thing that dissapointed me a bit was how fast MC accepted magic was real. Would have dragged that out for a bit longer.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Excellent game. I really enjoyed the story, only thing that dissapointed me a bit was how fast MC accepted magic was real. Would have dragged that out for a bit longer.
I honestly tought it was quite refreshing that the whole disbelief phase was skiped.

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
I honestly tought it was quite refreshing that the whole disbelief phase was skiped.
Out of all people you would say that. Wouldn't you? /s

Still it goes from 0 to 100 rather quickly. Something like "Let me conjure a fireball to prove it" would have worked better.

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020
Out of all people you would say that. Wouldn't you? /s

Still it goes from 0 to 100 rather quickly. Something like "Let me conjure a fireball to prove it" would have worked better.
Annything for Chaos. This magic clearly has some connection to the Warp, have to consult my brother Magnus. /s

On a more serious note i think you might have a point regarding MC accepting magic without seeing a spell.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
On a more serious note i think you might have a point regarding MC accepting magic without seeing a spell.
I think I'm inclined to agree, the more I see it being talked about. I wanted to shorten it so that it wouldn't be padding a scene or explaining something the audience is already accepting (like how often Uncle Ben had to die before they just assume we know he's dead). In doing so, I think I made it too readily accepted by the MC.

Luckily, this can be fixed without a retcon due to something else going on in the story! I'll address it in the future (likely Chapter Two, but Chapter Three at the latest).

I just didn't want to appear like I was digging in my heels and not listening. :) I'll admit when I do something wrong.

spiderino

Dec 2, 2020
I think I'm inclined to agree, the more I see it being talked about. I wanted to shorten it so that it wouldn't be padding a scene or explaining something the audience is already accepting (like how often Uncle Ben had to die before they just assume we know he's dead). In doing so, I think I made it too readily accepted by the MC.

Luckily, this can be fixed without a retcon due to something else going on in the story! I'll address it in the future (likely Chapter Two, but Chapter Three at the latest).

I just didn't want to appear like I was digging in my heels and not listening. :) I'll admit when I do something wrong.
Sorry to quote you but I'm doing it so you get tagged.

in the developer notes it says: " This preview build covers half of the first release ("Chapter") of Mythos: Book One. The full release of Chapter One is currently a Patreon exclusive, and will become publicly available on 2021-02-22."

So are you going to publish the full release of Chapter 1? Because the current download links are from 16th Feb, I don't think it's the updated full files.
Cheers!

winini

Jan 10, 2019
Sorry to quote you but I'm doing it so you get tagged.

in the developer notes it says: " This preview build covers half of the first release ("Chapter") of Mythos: Book One. The full release of Chapter One is currently a Patreon exclusive, and will become publicly available on 2021-02-22."

So are you going to publish the full release of Chapter 1? Because the current download links are from 16th Feb, I don't think it's the updated full files.
Cheers!
this is full chapter 1. The note is there from previous release, when it was only the first half of it.

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords There is a bug with the "sophia_meal" var. Its not defined in one case of player decision, but later always checked what errors logically. See discussion here: https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...sole-developer-menu-enabler.3083/post-5172521
EDIT: Nvm. Found out the hotfix in the opener is for this problem. Would probably a good idea to mention this fact. :rolleyes:

Btw: Interesting game from first look, will check it more out. ;)
Glad you liked it and saw the hotfix! I just put version 1.1 up on my Patreon for the public release which fixes this error (and a few typos), but haven't had the chance to upload it to two additional sources to change that on the main post. I'll do that after work, today. :)

EDIT - Looks like they're updated, now! 1.1 is the current full and (hopefully) unbugged, untypoed version.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 63 Votes