VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Nine of Swords

It seems you don't get a traceback error if you order the hangover burger twice it only appears if you only ate it once.
I think the error was when you chose to eat nothing the second time, but ordered the burger the first time. Regardless, the hotfix should (hopefully) address that issue! Sorry about that!

Reactions: myuhinny

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
So I (finally?) played the game. I like how the whodunit plot serves as a simple yet effective way to jump from girl to girl and scene to scene. Since I'm not a fan of harem games I also appreciate the fact that we can choose the type of relationships MC will have with each LI (my MC is currently investigating the possible relationships with Sophia and B btw). The way of introducting characters is very reminiscent of good ol' spag-west and even more so of kung fu and wuxia flicks from 70s and since I love them I liked it here too. What I didn't like was that MC never watched The Wire :eek: I mean really? How can I immerse myself in the game now :confused:? But seriously, it's a fine beginning, the mystery is interesting and makes me wondering if we'll be able to do some investigating by ourselves and not only be pushed from place to place, person to person by the story; although maybe we already influence the flow of the investigation (looking at the options regarding the deal with certain non-mortal)? Characters are fun, story involving, future tags more than interesting so yeah, I'll be back for more.

Last edited:

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
What I didn't like was that MC never watched The Wire :eek: I mean really? How can I immerse myself in the game now :confused:?
I actually threw that line in because I've never seen The Wire, and I'm also from Baltimore!

wondering if we'll be able to do some investigating by ourselves and not only be pushed from place to place, person to person by the story
Definitely yes! Chapter One had to establish the setting the cast, and the general "hey, here's why Lisa's dead, and here's why we're not calling the cops." Chapter Two gives a lot more player agency -- but not to the extent of making it a sandbox.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
You can click on her but i don't know if it is doing anything
I don't know if that's really a spoiler, but: she hides when I roam the cursor around her, but when I clicked on her she disappeared completely. Now I wonder if maybe she has some additional/different dialogue if you do that. I'm not going to check it out though, at least not today.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
You can click on her but i don't know if it is doing anything
I don't know if that's really a spoiler, but: she hides when I roam the cursor around her, but when I clicked on her she disappeared completely. Now I wonder if maybe she has some additional/different dialogue if you do that. I'm not going to check it out though, at least not today.
I wish this forum had a reaction for the grinning devil face.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Wait a minute! If everything we see is the story that MC tells to some random agent. does that mean that we give a very detailed description of our sexual activities to a total stranger?:eek:
That is absolutely going to be brought up. :ROFLMAO: I'm glad someone noticed.

The Agent did ask for every detail...

Reactions: winini

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
We'll probably be able to get the agent all horny with the hot steamy stories and be able bed her right there on the table and then make our escape after seducing her.

• Haha
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
We'll probably be able to get the agent all horny with the hot steamy stories and be able bed her right there on the table and then make our escape after seducing her.
Or we could find out the all we have been told about the covenant is plain lies or half truths and the agent and the people she works for are the good guys, or possibly both groups will want to use us then just discard us later, the only difference being one will let us live the other well maybe not so much, fae depending on which version you use can be total arses to humans, and in the end we basically only know what we have been told about both groups, non of which we can actually verify independantly.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Nine of Swords

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
A very promising first release! While it did feel a little like a 1st project in terms of structure, the renders, writing, and achievements were more suggestive of a team effort. The only thing I couldn't quite suss out is how much choices will matter - so far, they seem to be mostly flavor, but copious.

The achievement system seemed pretty fun, though many of the achievements are tricky to figure out (I've never enjoyed hidden object minigames, for example).

• Red Heart

GreenDark

Jul 25, 2018
I love what I've read so far. Endearing characters, interesting supernatural mystery, "FMC lesbian harem" and the promise of choosing what we do and avoid. I'm invested in the future of this VN.

Just one little thing. You call it a comedy but it seems very light on comedic moments.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I would say Mythos is lighthearted but wouldn't call it a comedy. That's not a criticism of the story itself, only what it's advertized to be.

Nine of Swords

Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
I would say Mythos is lighthearted but wouldn't call it a comedy. That's not a criticism of the story itself, only what it's advertized to be.
This one is a good point, and it was a tough balancing act for the first chapter. Even though it's overall going to be a comedy (I hope!), the first chapter has to establish the world and a murder. I put in humor where I could, but there had to be a good bit of exposition and a death... And I don't want the actual *death* to be a joke (I know, I'm a softy).

The coming chapters will be able to ease up quite a bit! :) One example I give for my tone is my favourite movie - Clue. The first part seems mostly serious and played straight, with a few chuckle bits as the scenario is established... But it becomes very clearly comedic once the set pieces are in place.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes