VN Ren'Py Mythos: Book One [v5.0.1 Hotfix] [Nine of Swords]

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Glad to see someone can see non-monogamy outside of traditional "harem" and not immediately scream about NTR!
It's funny, there probably needs to be a "non-monogamous" or "multiple love interest" tag. I play quite a few "harem" games that aren't "harem", you just end up with a bunch of girls separately - not in a harem.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'd like to see B and Soph fuck and make up.

Of course Kylie and Tara would have to help them to make sure they don't fall out again.

Unless we get all the Scooby gang involved at stage an orgy intervention. After all, we all need to get along.

Probably also have to include the new agent woman too. Need to search her to make sure she has no weapons inside or out.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
View attachment 1817541

Friday Weekly Update - May 18th, 2022

Leavin' on a jet plane~

My condolences for your loss Nine.
I agree with Vidal, your physical and mental health is way more important than the game atm, take care of yourself and take all the time you need, big hug. :)

Last edited:

damnedfrog

Nov 11, 2020
View attachment 1817541

Friday Weekly Update - May 18th, 2022

Leavin' on a jet plane~

When I fist saw the weekly update, I was like "hey, we aren't on Friday?!".
I had a big smile in my face, anticipating some pleasant and humorous text as you always deliver to us weeks after weeks.
Then I read it, and my smile vanish.

I'm not very good in these circumstances. I never find the right words nor some deep and meaning thoughts to share. When life hurt, I tend to say silly things, to de-dramatize and make it bearable, but it's not everybody who like that (even if your remark on Coldplay make me think we may be a bit the same on that matter).
So, all I can say is sorry for your loss.
Take all the time your need to mourn.
You're a great dev, I'm pretty sure we will all be still there when you're ready to come back.

spsp24

Jul 12, 2020
Just played this game and I really like the story telling; the murder-mystery is presented really well, the build-up is spot on and the little 'character intros' made me chuckle.

Howeverrrr.....I am probably the only one on the forum that is not blown away by the looks of the LI's, but I also realise that this has to do with a very specific dislike of mine.
You see, I really really hate any form of jewellery (on men or women) You can say it is a fobia even. So in a story where all LI's were very prominent necklaces and armbands, yuck no. (I know I am weird :rolleyes:)
So, the only attractive LI for me is Mara (the cop) because she doesn't wear any (and she is a redhead, that also helps ;))

That being said I will definately keep playing this, because the story is so engaging.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: HogRocket

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Just played this game and I really like the story telling; the murder-mystery is presented really well, the build-up is spot on and the little 'character intros' made me chuckle.

Howeverrrr.....I am probably the only one on the forum that is not blown away by the looks of the LI's, but I also realise that this has to do with a very specific dislike of mine.
You see, I really really hate any form of jewellery (on men or women) You can say it is a fobia even. So in a story where all LI's were very prominent necklaces and armbands, yuck no. (I know I am weird :rolleyes:)
So, the only attractive LI for me is Mara (the cop) because she doesn't wear any (and she is a redhead, that also helps ;))

That being said I will definately keep playing this, because the story is so engaging.
Yeah, you're weird...but so are we all!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Whereas I don't have the same concern you have (heck, I didn't even notice that they were even wearing jewellry) I'm going to give you a "virtual fistbump" for the Mara love. Smokin' hot redheads who don't wear much makeup are definitely a "thing" for me! ;):love::cool:

Doers-Fist-Bump.gif

Reactions: spsp24

Nine of Swords

Keeping the Legends Alive
Game Developer
Dec 17, 2017
Oh, goodness! I couldn't imagine making a character without jewelry! :ROFLMAO: Mostly because I love to accessorize (I guess I can't squish all my female proclivities...).

However, in the case of Mythos, most of the jewelry serves a purpose -- a lot of it is hints toward the character's nature, and some of them are for magical purposes (you know who~). Mara's lack of jewelry is kind of a hint toward something, too!

Though the story being appreciated is what's most important to me. If Mythos can be enjoyed without any romance/sex at all, that means (to me) that I've done my job properly. :love:

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Oh, goodness! I couldn't imagine making a character without jewelry! :ROFLMAO: Mostly because I love to accessorize (I guess I can't squish all my female proclivities...).

However, in the case of Mythos, most of the jewelry serves a purpose -- a lot of it is hints toward the character's nature, and some of them are for magical purposes (you know who~). Mara's lack of jewelry is kind of a hint toward something, too!

Though the story being appreciated is what's most important to me. If Mythos can be enjoyed without any romance/sex at all, that means (to me) that I've done my job properly. :love:
Personally I like jewelry on a woman...within reason. If she ends up looking like Mr. T covered in chains and rings or so many piercing that she looks like the victim of an industrial stapling accident......too much. as for me, I'm one of those guys who only wears a watch and no other "accoutrements" (well, glasses because my eyes suck :ROFLMAO: ) .

well, it could be enjoyed without the sex but without romance with all these wonderful ladies around? Pffffft!

As to Mara, I think her lack of jewelry indicates she is so hot she needs no embellishment! :love:, except I'm kind of a sucker for big hoop earrings......Tara too for that matter......you know, large silver hoops and green hair are a good match.......and gold hoops with darker skin......:oops:......

(Hey, at least I didn't make a werewolf joke)

Reactions: damnedfrog

spsp24

Jul 12, 2020

I do realise that the necklaces are actually important to the story, no worries.
And I know that I am probably the only person on this planet with an active hatred of jewelry (never met anyone else who had this) so I'll shut up......:censored: I just like my women in their natural glory

Aaaand you made me think about American accents. to me, as an European non-native speaker all Americans seem to have more or less the same accent (well, can hear the difference between north and south, but that is about it)
Once on a trip in the US some Americans were snickering about a guy that apparently had a strong Canadian accent; Personally, I could not really hear the difference between him and them
Quite unlike the UK were people from 2 different villages only 50 miles apart seem to speak completely different languages (Which, of course is the case with northern Scotland and Wales ;))

Reactions: Tavi13

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
If she ends up looking like Mr. T covered in chains and rings
If she ends up looking like Mr. T covered in chains and rings you know to give her respect otherwise she'll most likely kick your ass with ease maybe even using some of those rings and chains to help. For me I'd be more interested in what those rings and chains were made. If they're real cool but if they're fake then it's a meh as they're junk.

• Haha
Reactions: damnedfrog

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Aaaand you made me think about American accents. to me, as an European non-native speaker all Americans seem to have more or less the same accent
You just haven't talked to enough of us then; the difference between a Bronx accent & a Boston one is almost as bad as the differnece between Glasgow & London, especially when we are drinking :D

• Haha
Reactions: HogRocket

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Went on holiday to Florida once when I was 16.

I will admit that I thought the Southern accent was an exaggeration for movies and TV but met one in the hotel we were staying in.

The curves on her should have been illegal. She was what some would call "chubby" but she carried it in all the right ways. Point of fact, she was the one that made me realise I had a thing for older women.

Sadly she was straight and didn't want to sleep with a 16 year old girl because she said I was underage, 16 is the legal age in the UK so that did confuddle me ... also where I found out different countries had different ages for things.

I did pay more attention to accents on that holiday after meeting her. It did remind me of the UK with so many accents.

Barmaid was from Boston, I loved her accent. It sounded like she was always either looking for a fight or a fuck.

Wanted to go back when me and twinsy did our travels but ended up going through Canada instead .... now that place was fucking cold, absolutely beautiful scenery though.....

Anywhooooo

Accents, Americans are as varied as, if not more so than the UK and some of them sound sexy as fuck.

4.80 star(s) 63 Votes