Collection Video Nagoonimation Collection [2024-06-04] [Nagoonimation]

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes

skydragoon5

Jun 18, 2018
I'm a bit annoyed anyone in FF7R looks Asian, to be honest. I mean sure, Square is a Japan based company, but the only characters who were supposed to be vaguely Asian analogues in FF7 were Wutai. Tifa ain't Wutaiin.
I always grew up thinking they're East Asian, because they had East Asian styles. Many of them were based off Japanese celebrities.

Shinshiro

Sep 23, 2019
I always grew up thinking they're East Asian, because they had East Asian styles. Many of them were based off Japanese celebrities.
Really? I mean, Genesis, I'll give you, since he's based on Gackt, but I hadn't heard anything like that about the others before.

Shinshiro

Sep 23, 2019
I always assumed Tifa was Asian especially in the remake View attachment 1187540
I mean, they specifically said when designing Tifa and Aerith that they wanted one to appear "more Asian" and the other to seem "more Western." Since they held out on Tifa's design for longer, I originally thought it was going to be the other way around, because Aerith does look a little Asian, to a degree.

But if we're talking about the characters based upon geographic location and naming conventions, Tifa and Cloud should both look Nordic with strongly European features, Aerith should be an "English rose," Vincent... Well, we haven't seen his redesigned look, yet. Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge, I don't really have complaints about, and Barret looks essentially as he has since Advent Children.

I'm not saying "make them all white" or whatever, but if you're going to use real world naming schemes as shorthand, please use real world phenotypes, too. It really stretches my SoD when you have characters with distinctly European names from villages and towns that look like they came straight out of a sleepy hamlet in the German countryside, but they all look like they're at least half Japanese.

It's not just FF7R where it happens, either. Noctis and his team looked like a JPop boyband, while I could not unsee Lunafreya as a gyaru, even though I like just about everything else about her character's appearance.

This is a really weird board to have this conversation on, though.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
I mean, they specifically said when designing Tifa and Aerith that they wanted one to appear "more Asian" and the other to seem "more Western." Since they held out on Tifa's design for longer, I originally thought it was going to be the other way around, because Aerith does look a little Asian, to a degree.

But if we're talking about the characters based upon geographic location and naming conventions, Tifa and Cloud should both look Nordic with strongly European features, Aerith should be an "English rose," Vincent... Well, we haven't seen his redesigned look, yet. Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge, I don't really have complaints about, and Barret looks essentially as he has since Advent Children.

I'm not saying "make them all white" or whatever, but if you're going to use real world naming schemes as shorthand, please use real world phenotypes, too. It really stretches my SoD when you have characters with distinctly European names from villages and towns that look like they came straight out of a sleepy hamlet in the German countryside, but they all look like they're at least half Japanese.

It's not just FF7R where it happens, either. Noctis and his team looked like a JPop boyband, while I could not unsee Lunafreya as a gyaru, even though I like just about everything else about her character's appearance.

Yeah well to me all of them just look like animu character... I do prefer Tifa's previous model though. Her new look doesn't looks that good.

skydragoon5

Jun 18, 2018
It really stretches my SoD when you have characters with distinctly European names from villages and towns that look like they came straight out of a sleepy hamlet in the German countryside

I agree it's confusing when they use European names, then wonder why you thought the characters were based on Europeans.

Well I liked the conversation...but we could always go back to talking about big tits and vaginas. :LOL:

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
It shouldn't be overly big like on your goofy profile picture nor overly small. Should be canon.
What's canon? The new trilogy? The LAU trilogy? The classic games? Lara has had different bust sizes across the years. At the end of the day is just preference and I posted mine. Too bad it offended a couple of people it seems.

Game Bond

Nov 20, 2019
What's canon? The new trilogy? The LAU trilogy? The classic games? Lara has had different bust sizes across the years. At the end of the day is just preference and I posted mine. Too bad it offended a couple of people it seems.
Dude it's just an opinion but seriously as long as the size isn't as big as the one in your profile picture everything's will be fine.

Xill

Jan 10, 2018
Dude it's just an opinion but seriously as long as the size isn't as big as the one in your profile picture everything's will be fine.
I think that size is just fine tbh. Anything more than that would be a bit too much maybe. If for example she had tits as big as the mom in Dreams of Desire then that would be too big for Lara.

Reactions: Game Bond

Pairy Henis

Sep 17, 2019
I find it funny that you took the approach of "Dude it's just an opinion" and comeback with a passive aggressive "as long as the size isn't as big as the one in your profile picture everything's will be fine" or in other words "at least it ain't your shit" :LOL:

4.90 star(s) 14 Votes