Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Question: How did you manage to make the 3D view? Is it just a Plugin to import and it does everything automatically or did you have to do something yourself?
I'm using cutievirus' MV3D plugin, which does require a bit of configuration.
For example, I'd have to configure the height/elevation of tiles with the numbers under the "R" tab.
1685407240734.png

Add any custom configs for shape type and xyz offsets for event tiles (notes section) like this (a door for example):
<mv3d:shape(wall),z(0),yoff(0.51)>

Plugin commands for camera controls:
1685407339135.png
and so on.

I'd say it takes up about 20 ~ 30% of my development time, which isn't too bad all things considered. Learning how to use it was a pain though o_O. It's not surprising when 3d development is not very initiative with RPGM. RPGM is a 2D engine through and through, by design. That being said, it's still incredible that a single plugin can do all of this - one of the most powerful plugins for RPGM for sure.

I'm definitely going to do a poll when I finish Najima Island to see if players actually enjoyed the 3D-ness and whether or not I should use it in my next game. Using it comes with a cost (fewer tilesets, 20~30% slower development time, game requiring higher system resource to run, can't use joiplay, etc.); I want to make sure players are actually finding value in it worthy of the cost in my future games.

Last edited:
Reactions: jotto

jotto

Mar 18, 2020
OOh I see, I see. It does seem time-consuming to use it, but it does get the job done!

I'm definitely going to do a poll when I finish Najima Island to see if players actually enjoyed the 3D-ness and whether or not I should use it in my next game. Using it comes with a cost (fewer tilesets, 20~30% slower development time, game requiring higher system resource to run, can't use joiplay, etc.); I want to make sure players are actually finding value in it worthy of the cost in my future games.
I'd have to say, personally, I am not really fond of this mechanic. It's not bad and gives a nice twist to the game, but feels really weird (even more if it's my first time seeing it)
Maybe I am just too used to playing 2D RPGM games though :unsure:

Reactions: Memesan and Velzies

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
OOh I see, I see. It does seem time-consuming to use it, but it does get the job done!

I'd have to say, personally, I am not really fond of this mechanic. It's not bad and gives a nice twist to the game, but feels really weird (even more if it's my first time seeing it)
Maybe I am just too used to playing 2D RPGM games though :unsure:
Ah, I see, I see. Yeah - it's definitely different for sure - that was part of the reason I tried it out.
I actually have the option to make the 3d look nicer (with dynamic shadows, glows, and 3d models) but that will causes the game to lag a little bit more with random drops in frame rates at random intervals :confused:. Not sure if it's worth the tradeoff.
Here's a comparison of the enchanced version vs the normal (current) version:
1685672447772.png 1685672456206.png
this is 3dcg, not 2dcg
The game is 3d, but the cgs are 2d.

Reactions: jotto

jotto

Mar 18, 2020
Ah, I see, I see. Yeah - it's definitely different for sure - that was part of the reason I tried it out.
I actually have the option to make the 3d look nicer (with dynamic shadows, glows, and 3d models) but that will causes the game to lag a little bit more with random drops in frame rates at random intervals :confused:. Not sure if it's worth the tradeoff.
Here's a comparison of the enchanced version vs the normal (current) version:
View attachment 2668508 View attachment 2668509
Oooh that is really nice! Personally, I think it would elevate the game to another level (aesthetically)!
I'd be down to try a version with the enhanced graphics, but I dunno how much time and effort you'd have to put to make it like this. (I think those trees, the lighting, and the shadows didn't just magically appear there...)

The lag may be caused by the hardware being old, but I dunno that, since you've said nothing about your setup.

An issue that comes to mind though is that with the trees or some elements that may impact visibility, you'd be forced to rotate the camera in some areas. Plus the forest would become hell basically...

Maybe increasing the speed at which the camera rotates could do the trick?

Last edited:
Reactions: Velzies

chankl2

Jul 5, 2018
The main appeal of the game stems from its simplicity and ease of access, which is probably due to the developer's experience in playing many mind control/possession type games. Grinding is simple and quick, game UI isn't a convoluted mess, while story paths are non-linear and don't require much prior knowledge to understand.

The 3D plugin makes the game stand out from the rest, but is currently the weakest aspect due to its wonkiness. It's use extends to uncovering hidden angles on the map for now, hopefully there's more to it.

All in all, this is a great first attempt, and I can see Velzies' games becoming more and more refined if they plan on continuing to develop games. Will wait accordingly to see what 0.5 has in store as it has been a week since it was launched on their patreon.

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Hey everyone!

Version 0.5 is publicly available now.

This update adds content around Rina, plus some usability updates.

This version (ver0.5) does not have nudity yet, so if you're looking for that, please wait until the next release (ver0.6), which will add nudity + h-scenes for 3 characters.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
NajimaIsland-0.5
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Jun 16, 2021
For anyone who plays it on Mac, please do not extract the downloaded zip file with the default Archive Utility used by your Mac, but use another extractor like The Unarchiver or the like.

Using Archive Utility will break the game, and make it unplayable once you extract it.

Gu7

Jul 11, 2017
the game is fun, although the 3d camera made me feel a bit sick.
I hope you'll give us regular updates !

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
For anyone who plays it on Mac, please do not extract the downloaded zip file with the default Archive Utility used by your Mac, but use another extractor like The Unarchiver or the like.

Using Archive Utility will break the game, and make it unplayable once you extract it.
Thanks for finding this. I'll do some digging around to find ways to make this a little better for mac players in the future.
the game is fun, although the 3d camera made me feel a bit sick.
I hope you'll give us regular updates !
Thanks! Hmm, if I may ask, what aspects of the 3d camera makes you feel sick? I want to make this game more pleasant to play. I slowed down some of the camera movements to help with this, but it sounds like I need to do some more work on this front.

Jun 16, 2021
Thanks for finding this. I'll do some digging around to find ways to make this a little better for mac players in the future.
I would recommend do not bother spending time accomodating for this, since this is overall a minor issue which can be worked on our end as the players. Your time is precious, you know?

SolusSama

May 2, 2019
  • Aiko changed to be MC's step sister instead of blood relative.

There'll be a way to re enable incest in game, right?

...right?

Velzies

Gone Away Forever
Game Developer
Oct 27, 2022
Then give us incest patch!
  • Aiko changed to be MC's step sister instead of blood relative.

There'll be a way to re enable incest in game, right?

...right?
I changed Aiko to be the MC's step sister to avoid getting banned off a different platform. Although I didn't realize how popular incest was. I can make her the MC's real sister again in the next version, and take my chances.

3.60 star(s) 15 Votes