VN Ren'Py Name88's Triangle [Book 7 Alpha Build.1] [Q+N88 3Darts]

4.00 star(s) 45 Votes

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
They are in the 100ds already. Soaring into the clouds of wonderbabes and outstanding.
Their aura engulfs the whole self pitty glimpses of story MC tells himself about his stolen past,
making the action stand out and their wonderful nature brings home the good lovey-dovey feels.
More of Canto poetry is exactly what we want more of in this thread :cool:

Cybland

Aug 15, 2021
OK, let me come clean. I hate VN with weak story and hate even more AVN where Dev force focus on sex scenes to cover for poor storytelling. So far this game has a lot going on in favor of me hating it. Usually I don't play VN or AVN that are very early in development but this one showed up in one of the member's signature and it has, for whatever reason, looked appealing to me.

After two play-throughs I had strong urge to give it a bad review and a 2 or 3 star rating but, on principle, I don't do reviews on creative pieces when they are in very early stages of development. It just would not be fair to bring down someone's effort without giving him or her a chance to refine their piece. So instead I have read through all of the comments here, trying to find some insight from dev that would help me dull out some of the rough edges this game has shown. Sadly, some of the edges are still very rough so here is my comment.

I get the intention to create entertaining piece but entertainment is a different thing to different persons. In Visual Novels entertainment should be, first and foremost, in good story. Everything else is in service of that story, add some value to it, and can't be entertainment by itself. For a good, immersive, believable story character build is essential, and it all starts with main character. Writer can't simply skip on painting character's motive for certain actions by saying, in comments, that all shall be revealed later. Here you start the game without any insight into MC's thought process, decision making or "drive". MC goes on to meet some mysterious redhead female even thou "invite" sounds fishy to him. OK, he wants to help his friend get paid and his decision to go to the meeting is reinforced by message from (trusted) person urging him to do it, so that sort of works. And than all the problems start. Message directly states there is a door with MC's name and how to open it, and what does MC do when he see such door? Ignore it with a comment "That's a peculiar coincidence". Goes to the meeting and meets a brunette instead of redhead, in one line states that he has to meet someone else, and than goes on to have fun with brunette. That is the same MC that is later on described as perceptive. :rolleyes:
If you, as a player, try to remedy this situation by declining brunettes invite to some fun you are penalized with Game Over. I mean, who in the right mind would turn down a chance for unprotected toilet sex with a stranger? :D

If you go past this you realize, later on, the full absurdity of the unfortunate event. You find out that MC had no female visitors for a while, stopped visiting over 15 months ago, which bring some concerns in his fitness for the mission, was betrayed by his fiancée, unspecified time ago and, as an icing on the cake, redhead that set up the meeting could have easily been on the meeting. All of this just spells out Dev desperate to show "good stuff" as soon as possible. As you progress through the story you can't help but wonder why did MC got this job. His employer praises his deductive skills, intuition and honesty but his "job interview" seem to test just one thing, a.m. "performance" concern. :rolleyes:

Let me finish with example of MC's perceptiveness, intuition and deductive skills.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No shit, Sherlock. :D

OK, I will keep track of this game for a while just out of curiosity how bad it can slide, hoping at the same time that I will be pleasantly surprised if the story becomes a good one.

Last edited:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
OK, let me come clean. I hate VN with weak story and hate even more AVN where Dev force focus on sex scenes to cover for poor storytelling. So far this game has a lot going on in favor of me hating it. Usually I don't play VN or AVN that are very early in development but this one showed up in one of the member's signature and it has, for whatever reason, looked appealing to me.

After two play-throughs I had strong urge to give it a bad review and a 2 or 3 star rating but, on principle, I don't do reviews on creative pieces when they are in very early stages of development. It just would not be fair to bring down someone's effort without giving him or her a chance to refine their piece. So instead I have read through all of the comments here, trying to find some insight from dev that would help me dull out some of the rough edges this game has shown. Sadly, some of the edges are still very rough so here is my comment.

I get the intention to create entertaining piece but entertainment is a different thing to different persons. In Visual Novels entertainment should be, first and foremost, in good story. Everything else is in service of that story, add some value to it, and can't be entertainment by itself. For a good, immersive, believable story character build is essential, and it all starts with main character. Writer can't simply skip on painting character's motive for certain actions by saying, in comments, that all shall be revealed later. Here you start the game without any insight into MC's thought process, decision making or "drive". MC goes on to meet some mysterious redhead female even thou "invite" sounds fishy to him. OK, he wants to help his friend get paid and his decision to go to the meeting is reinforced by message from (trusted) person urging him to do it, so that sort of works. And than all the problems start. Message directly states there is a door with MC's name and how to open it, and what does MC do when he see such door? Ignore it with a comment "That's a peculiar coincidence". Goes to the meeting and meets a brunette instead of redhead, in one line states that he has to meet someone else, and than goes on to have fun with brunette. That is the same MC that is later on described as perceptive. :rolleyes:
If you, as a player, try to remedy this situation by declining brunettes invite to some fun you are penalized with Game Over. I mean, who in the right mind would turn down a chance for unprotected toilet sex with a stranger? :D

If you go past this you realize, later on, the full absurdity of the unfortunate event. You find out that MC had no female visitors for a while, stopped visiting over 15 months ago, which bring some concerns in his fitness for the mission, was betrayed by his fiancée, unspecified time ago and, as an icing on the cake, redhead that set up the meeting could have easily been on the meeting. All of this just spells out Dev desperate to show "good stuff" as soon as possible. As you progress through the story you can't help but wonder why did MC got this job. His employer praises his deductive skills, intuition and honesty but his "job interview" seem to test just one thing, a.m. "performance" concern. :rolleyes:

Let me finish with example of MC's perceptiveness, intuition and deductive skills.

No shit, Sherlock. :D

OK, I will keep track of this game for a while just out of curiosity how bad it can slide, hoping at the same time that I will be pleasantly surprised if the story becomes a good one.
The devil's in the details.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Cybland

Aug 15, 2021
The devil's in the details.
First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment. As for everything written in response, I agree with all of it. Problem, for me, lies in the fact that MC, after receiving the message from a person he admires, doesn't (properly) react to oddity of the second part of the message. The whole message thing is far too easily discarded by MC. Timing of it, right after his friends visit, with the first part "Do as he said", should be very suspicious to him. Not in the sense of suspicious meeting but in the sense of him being under surveillance. Then comes the second part "The doors to your name will open to the sound of your favorite card". Usage of the term "to your name" is indicative and in this message should be significant to the MC who is perceptive, intuitive and has great deduction skills. MC just wonders what that second part mean and than, minutes later act like he has forgot about the message. MC see a car with plates in his name, doors of the car have his name and he doesn't try the card thing, just for the fun of it. Any kid would do that, because why not? Even Claire commented that she expected him to arrive with his gift. If MC was suspecting the car being a set-up his comment would not be "...peculiar coincidence".

Maybe you, as a game developer, did not intend for MC to expect to meet a redhead girl at the bar but the whole scene, from Frank delivering the message, flashback of the redhead girl to which MC react saying goodbye to poster girl speaks of him expecting to meet with redhead girl from dreams. Spider message might throw him off a bit, him commenting "What does he want from me?" but that should create expectation to meet a guy with/instead redhead girl.

So let's address the job interview part. The goal was obviously to test the "equipment" since there is a concern because of over 15 months of dry spell. There is no real need for Claire to do the testing, Spider could have done it just as easily. Claire got her test result on the dance podium. She liked the result so much that she decides to do a more thorough test in the toilet. Spider could have done the meeting and the dancefloor test and not go through toilet scene.

If we leave Claire to do the test, as it is right now, not going through toilet scene should not result in game over but in Spider, as a person whom MC admires, contacting the MC and explaining what's going on. We can see later on that MC is very important for the mission, besides him being a Jack of all trades all the girls are comfortable with him for the crucial part of opening the portals. There are not many guys around who "tick all the boxes". As you said yourself in the comments, time is running out. That's why Game Over was, for me, a sort of disciplinary measure for players from your side. Like an early warning "play as I say or you will not play at all." That's why I was left with impression that you desperately needed to show toilet sex scene. Judging from all the comments and negative reviews I'm not the only one. :)

Not to sound as a hater, 'cause I'm really not, there are a lot of positives after the whole job interview thing. Story idea has a lot of potential but I do question your decision to play things out in the way that "later will all make sense". It feels that you are leaving too much for later and that some things should have been said/explained from the start. But that is your choice and your artistic freedom. To me it seems like too much of the risk, story with such dynamic can go either way.

Best of luck, I will follow your project and take liberty to comment it and/or review it when it is in later/final stages.

Last edited:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
First of all, thanks for taking the time to reply to my comment. As for everything written in response, I agree with all of it. Problem, for me, lies in the fact that MC, after receiving the message from a person he admires, doesn't (properly) react to oddity of the second part of the message. The whole message thing is far too easily discarded by MC. Timing of it, right after his friends visit, with the first part "Do as he said", should be very suspicious to him. Not in the sense of suspicious meeting but in the sense of him being under surveillance. Then comes the second part "The doors to your name will open to the sound of your favorite card". Usage of the term "to your name" is indicative and in this message should be significant to the MC who is perceptive, intuitive and has great deduction skills. MC just wonders what that second part mean and than, minutes later act like he has forgot about the message. MC see a car with plates in his name, doors of the car have his name and he doesn't try the card thing, just for the fun of it. Any kid would do that, because why not?

Maybe you, as a game developer, did not intend for MC to expect to meet a redhead girl at the bar but the whole scene, from Frank delivering the message, flashback of the redhead girl to which MC react saying goodbye to poster girl speaks of him expecting to meet with redhead girl from dreams. Spider message might throw him off a bit, him commenting "What does he want from me?" but that should create expectation to meet a guy with/instead redhead girl.

So let's address the job interview part. The goal was obviously to test the "equipment" since there is a concern because of over 15 months of dry spell. There is no real need for Claire to do the testing, Spider could have done it just as easily. Claire got her test result on the dance podium. She liked the result so much that she decides to do a more thorough test in the toilet. Spider could have done the meeting and the dancefloor test and not go through toilet scene.

If we leave Claire to do the test, as it is right now, not going through toilet scene should not result in game over but in Spider, as a person whom MC admires, contacting the MC and explaining what's going on. We can see later on that MC is very important for the mission, besides him being a Jack of all trades all the girls are comfortable with him for the crucial part of opening the portals. There are not many guys around who "tick all the boxes". As you said yourself in the comments, time is running out. That's why Game Over was, for me, a sort of disciplinary measure for players from your side. Like an early warning "play as I say or you will not play at all." That's why I was left with impression that you desperately needed to show toilet sex scene. Judging from all the comments and negative reviews I'm not the only one. :)

Not to sound as a hater, 'cause I'm really not, there are a lot of positives after the whole job interview thing. Story idea has a lot of potential but I do question your decision to play things out in the way that "later will all make sense". It feels that you are leaving too much for later and that some things should have been said/explained from the start. But that is your choice and your artistic freedom. To me it seems like too much of the risk, story with such dynamic can go either way.

Best of luck, I will follow your project and take liberty to comment it and/or review it when it is in later/final stages.
I want to adress the last point first

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Yeah. We got a job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler accepting a free lance job on short notice.
Did I mention MC is starved for a job + a babe + adventure to bring him back to life?
Korben dallas + valerian + total recall lack luster protagonists really did go on adventures to shake their life a bit.

Cybland

Aug 15, 2021
I want to adress the last point first
OK, I feel we are getting sidetracked here. I'm not arguing your vision here, what I'm trying to point out are some mistakes, as I see them, in its delivery. You are creating a product here. Goal of every product is to reach as broad audience as it can. What I have seen in your product so far tells me there is a good potential to be a great product in the end. There are some design choices that I feel are mistakes 'cause, in my opinion, are not necessary or there is a more elegant way to reach the same goal. Humans are opinionated, judgmental little shits by design but, in the end, they are your customers. You will do yourself a huge favor by not antagonizing them when it's not absolutely necessary. I'm aware of your objective limitations, financial, hardware and timewise so let me try to suggest some small changes that, I believe, will make your product enjoyable and entertaining to a broader audience. Those changes, as you will see, shouldn't change your vision of the story progression (too much/at all).

From the start of the game leave everything as it is until we arrive to Hive scenes. Believe me, triangle flashback is a nice detail but is not enough of a hint. Yes, you are placing it (almost) every time MC "meets" one of the girls (for the first time) but, it is too early in the game, for some of players, to catch on that it's a strong signal to interact with that person as much as possible. So in Claire dialogue, when she asks MC for a dance, after his response "I would love to, but I'm supposed to meet someone." change her response from "I know." to a bit direct one, somewhere along the lines "Yes, nice to meet you." or something along those line.

Later on we come to "no choice" action choice, first choice in game that player can make. People hate such things, being presented with the false choice. Since there is no choice but to go through Claire ladies' room scene don't present players with the action choice that penalizes them with Game Over, it serves no purpose but to get some people pissed. Believe me, there aren't many people who will find it funny, if that was what you were aiming for.

As the story unfolds insert a triangle flashback when MC "meets" Sydney for the first time, right after this screen.

This way you are keeping consistency. OK, maybe there is a reason for Sydney not triggering a flashback, if so you can just disregard this.

In dialogue with Hauer we come to the first problematic dialogue choice (second player choice of the game). If you are offering players to have MC feel "tricked", don't make him a douchebag through consequent dialogue lines. Players have a tendency to identify with MC, you are essentially insulting them for making a wrong choice. Better not have a choice if, once more, this choice serve no purpose other than to aggravate players. If your intent with this choice was to portrait MC as a blunt but able to recognize his mistakes, and therefore you insist on leaving this choice, think about better dialogue after it, maybe somewhere along the lines of Hauer apologizing for making MC feel that way and saying that it was not the intention, essentially playing it as unfortunate misunderstanding.

Second dialogue choice is not a problem by itself but I feel it also should be mentioned. If player doesn't choose "Government" he misses (maybe important) detail of Hauer's mistrust towards "old ways". Maybe there shouldn't be a choice at all.

Third dialogue choice (fourth player choice of the game) would not be a problem if previous choices weren't antagonizing to players. You can easily mitigate this "problem" by making the choice between directly or jokingly accepting the job with button labels written as "Yes" and "No (joke)". By this time is obvious enough that MC will accept the job so, if you feel there is a need for this dialogue choice, at least make it a bit lighthearted one.

Once more i feel there should be a triangle flashback after MC see Spider for the first time, right after this screen.

And once more, it's just for consistency reasons but, as with Sydney, if there is a reason why Spider doesn't trigger a flashback just disregard this.

To recapitulate. Current situation with your product is that first choice of the game can piss off some players, second one can insult them, third can make them miss a (significant) story detail and the fourth one is just vague, but will be negatively received after previous choice experiences. Those lucky players that, one way or the other, go past those initial bumps can enjoy a very good story all through to the end of current update. My suggestions to you were made in effort to make the number of those players bigger. I hope you will take them as they are, just honest suggestions, and will at least consider them.

Best of luck in future development of your product.

Last edited:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
OK, I feel we are getting sidetracked here. I'm not arguing your vision here, what I'm trying to point out are some mistakes, as I see them, in its delivery. You are creating a product here. Goal of every product is to reach as broad audience as it can. What I have seen in your product so far tells me there is a good potential to be a great product in the end. There are some design choices that I feel are mistakes 'cause, in my opinion, are not necessary or there is a more elegant way to reach the same goal. Humans are opinionated, judgmental little shits by design but, in the end, they are your customers. You will do yourself a huge favor by not antagonizing them when it's not absolutely necessary. I'm aware of your objective limitations, financial, hardware and timewise so let me try to suggest some small changes that, I believe, will make your product enjoyable and entertaining to a broader audience. Those changes, as you will see, shouldn't change your vision of the story progression (too much/at all).

From the start of the game leave everything as it is until we arrive to Hive scenes. Believe me, triangle flashback is a nice detail but is not enough of a hint. Yes, you are placing it (almost) every time MC "meets" one of the girls (for the first time) but, it is too early in the game, for some of players, to catch on that it's a strong signal to interact with that person as much as possible. So in Claire dialogue, when she asks MC for a dance, after his response "I would love to, but I'm supposed to meet someone." change her response from "I know." to a bit direct one, somewhere along the lines "Yes, nice to meet you." or something along those line.

Later on we come to "no choice" action choice, first choice in game that player can make. People hate such things, being presented with the false choice. Since there is no choice but to go through Claire ladies' room scene don't present players with the action choice that penalizes them with Game Over, it serves no purpose but to get some people pissed. Believe me, there aren't many people who will find it funny, if that was what you were aiming for.

As the story unfolds insert a triangle flashback when MC "meets" Sydney for the first time, right after this screen.

This way you are keeping consistency. OK, maybe there is a reason for Sydney not triggering a flashback, if so you can just disregard this.

In dialogue with Hauer we come to the first problematic dialogue choice (second player choice of the game). If you are offering players to have MC feel "tricked", don't make him a douchebag through consequent dialogue lines. Players have a tendency to identify with MC, you are essentially insulting them for making a wrong choice. Better not have a choice if, once more, this choice serve no purpose other than to aggravate players. If your intent with this choice was to portrait MC as a blunt but able to recognize his mistakes, and therefore you insist on leaving this choice, think about better dialogue after it, maybe somewhere along the lines of Hauer apologizing for making MC feel that way and saying that it was not the intention, essentially playing it as unfortunate misunderstanding.

Second dialogue choice is not a problem by itself but I feel it also should be mentioned. If player doesn't choose "Government" he misses (maybe important) detail of Hauer's mistrust towards "old ways". Maybe there shouldn't be a choice at all.

Third dialogue choice (fourth player choice of the game) would not be a problem if previous choices weren't antagonizing to players. You can easily mitigate this "problem" by making the choice between directly or jokingly accepting the job with button labels written as "Yes" and "No (joke)". By this time is obvious enough that MC will accept the job so, if you feel there is a need for this dialogue choice, at least make it a bit lighthearted one.

Once more i feel there should be a triangle flashback after MC see Spider for the first time, right after this screen.

And once more, it's just for consistency reasons but, as with Sydney, if there is a reason why Spider doesn't trigger a flashback just disregard this.

To recapitulate. Current situation with your product is that first choice of the game can piss off some players, second one can insult them, third can make them miss a (significant) story detail and the fourth one is just vague, but will be negatively received after previous choice experiences. Those lucky players that, one way or the other, go past those initial bumps can enjoy a very good story all through to the end of current update. My suggestions to you were made in effort to make the number of those players bigger. I hope you will take them as they are, just honest suggestions, and will at least consider them.

Best of luck in future development of your product.
Thanks for your opinions.
People have been pissed when there wasn't a choice at the club,people are pissed when there is a choice at the club,If I were to remove Claire's scene and move straight to the office,I bet some people would still be pissed.
Even if I would try to keep everyone happy,it's just not something that's possible.

Don't worry if there is an important piece of information binded to a choice,that info is going to be repeated in the common part of the game.

You have a triple triangle flash right before reaching the office,it indicates you are where the dream has been leading you,that's why both Sydney and Spider didn't got individual flashes,you already are where you were suppose to be.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What little we have of this game - it is here. It is what we play.
What little we have of these hotties - it starts at the club with the scene to rile up our immagination.
Any and all movies with big action start with a bang.
BanG! BanG! The babes are the BomB!

Cybland

Aug 15, 2021
Thanks for your opinions.
People have been pissed when there wasn't a choice at the club,people are pissed when there is a choice at the club,If I were to remove Claire's scene and move straight to the office,I bet some people would still be pissed.
Even if I would try to keep everyone happy,it's just not something that's possible.

Don't worry if there is an important piece of information binded to a choice,that info is going to be repeated in the common part of the game.

You have a triple triangle flash right before reaching the office,it indicates you are where the dream has been leading you,that's why both Sydney and Spider didn't got individual flashes,you already are where you were suppose to be.
Just a small clarification, I didn't suggest to remove Claire scene, just remove action choice. Since basically there's no choice just go directly to the scene, don't present a false choice to the players. Yes there be some pissed 'cause of unavoidable sex scene but less than now when your choice is either see the scene or fuck out.

Edit:

Just thought of a way to make those snowflakes happy. At the dancefloor, when Claire invites MC to ladies' room fun, place an action choice right there with "Accept" or "Decline" choice. Former will, obviously, lead to Club sex scene and later to Claire voicing her disappoinment and than telling MC to go to the office in 20 minutes. This should be possible with just one or two additional renders. Maybe you can even reuse some existing ones.

This way game/story can progress and all are happy. I understand that this will take a compromise on your part, allowing MC to get the job without completing the job interview as you have intended but, if you wish to make most people happy that's a way to go. I personally would just go directly to the sex scene, who doesn't like that can use "quit" button. ;)

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC has to be easy for any of this to work. The other girls are all briefed. MC is not.
MC is starved for a babe in his life. MC is looking to find his purpose and his life in a hard luck world.
MC waiting on paint to rust and fall off his car before accepting a wonderful hottie will doom us all!

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Just a small clarification, I didn't suggest to remove Claire scene, just remove action choice. Since basically there's no choice just go directly to the scene, don't present a false choice to the players. Yes there be some pissed 'cause of unavoidable sex scene but less than now when your choice is either see the scene or fuck out.

Edit:

Just thought of a way to make those snowflakes happy. At the dancefloor, when Claire invites MC to ladies' room fun, place an action choice right there with "Accept" or "Decline" choice. Former will, obviously, lead to Club sex scene and later to Claire voicing her disappoinment and than telling MC to go to the office in 20 minutes. This should be possible with just one or two additional renders. Maybe you can even reuse some existing ones.

This way game/story can progress and all are happy. I understand that this will take a compromise on your part, allowing MC to get the job without completing the job interview as you have intended but, if you wish to make most people happy that's a way to go. I personally would just go directly to the sex scene, who doesn't like that can use "quit" button. ;)
Canto Forte get's it :cool: That's pretty much it.One of the messeges I want to convey in the story is to catch the opportunity when it comes up.To give another chance after wasting one would be a contradiction.

Something to understand as an audience is that everyone has an idea of how things should be,including myself.Part of the job as an author is to tell the story he or she wants to tell.If we,the authors would fling everytime someone has a different idea,not only would we move away from the original vision but more often than not we would end up with an incoherent mess.

I took a lot of inspiration from 80's and 90's action and sci-fi movies,Triangle is meant to have an old-sql feel to it,that goes for the characters as well.I am an old-sql guy,something that younger audience might percieve as offensive or insulting,I just don't see that way.Ghost not finishing the sentence at the roof,that's me taming myself and that's as tame as I'm willing to go.That attitude,imo,is part of the charm and makes Triangle more uniqe on noawadays market.

The Game Over screen is already a compromise,I decided to take.It's a mistake to see it as a "false" choice.The choice is very real,there is an opportunity in front of you,if you decide to pass, the consequence is to pass on the entire adventure.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
stumbled about the game and must say i love it, the girls are great, the choice of music is awesome, i like the direction the story is going. Right now its a 10/10 for me.

The Game Over screen is already a compromise,I decided to take.It's a mistake to see it as a "false" choice.The choice is very real,there is an opportunity in front of you,if you decide to pass, the consequence is to pass on the entire adventure.
I read your back and forth with Cybland an while a see it your way, on most of the points, in an cyberpunk setting no one is giving you a car no strings attached.

The thing with the expectation that we meeting a redhead is that a redhead was sending the message through Frank and you are showing the player the flashback of Spider in the moment the MC things about the meeting. You set the expectation up it's not called "show, dont tell" for nothing and the flashback is a strong clue. Yes we meet Reaper on the way and from her inner monolog we get that there is more to the meeting, but that does nothing to break the expectation of meeting a redhead, because we dont know Claire at that point, could be the redhead who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I liked Claire and as far as i was aware the MC is single, so no problem hooking up with her, but if the sex with Claire is necessary than it is not a choice and shoundn't be presented as one. In the same fashion you could started the game with a black screen with the options "fuck Claire" and "Fuck off", which would start the story or close the game. ^^

We found the game, downloaded the game, installed the game, opened the game and the first choice in game after all the real choices we took so far to get to this point it gives us a potential game over, that sir is called "a dick move".
At this point we took several choices to play the game / experience the story. There shouldn't be the need for another barrier.

I get that, in real life you lose out on things you choose not to pursue, but like Cybland said most people dont play games because they are a perfect reflection of life. To at on to it there is a small subset of people on here that only play games till the first ending they get and it would be a shame if they would miss this masterpiece in the making, because of that non choice.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
We could argue back and forth about all the great AAA games that further the plot with mandatory not skippable long cutscenes. Most games do this kind of thing, namely dragon age, mass effect. In the beginning, the fast paced cut scenes
with little choice that only adds flavor but nothing else, this is the game.

MC is one opportunistic free lance hustler. MC has no ongoing business, no assignment lined up, no family or friends to
fill his solitary existence with. Looking for the next best thing, one thing at a time, that is his path.

Of course, just like in this game, one does not presume of the car to be theirs.
Still, we are already for years, living in a reality people have the means to
drop cars on people, talking about oprah here, not to mention all the countless millionaires
around the globe who could drop cars on people to make them their team.

Game Overs are a dick move. But who would turn down a hot smoldering fantastic babe ?

What game are we playing where with nothing, coming from nothing, looking for any and all opportunity,
would anyone turn down a hottie in a club speciffically calling for us and wanting for us to participate in a good time ?

Nobody ever heard of company cars? Or the fact minimum wage employees can stand to get a company car ?

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
stumbled about the game and must say i love it, the girls are great, the choice of music is awesome, i like the direction the story is going. Right now its a 10/10 for me.

I read your back and forth with Cybland an while a see it your way, on most of the points, in an cyberpunk setting no one is giving you a car no strings attached.

The thing with the expectation that we meeting a redhead is that a redhead was sending the message through Frank and you are showing the player the flashback of Spider in the moment the MC things about the meeting. You set the expectation up it's not called "show, dont tell" for nothing and the flashback is a strong clue. Yes we meet Reaper on the way and from her inner monolog we get that there is more to the meeting, but that does nothing to break the expectation of meeting a redhead, because we dont know Claire at that point, could be the redhead who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I liked Claire and as far as i was aware the MC is single, so no problem hooking up with her, but if the sex with Claire is necessary than it is not a choice and shoundn't be presented as one. In the same fashion you could started the game with a black screen with the options "fuck Claire" and "Fuck off", which would start the story or close the game. ^^

We found the game, downloaded the game, installed the game, opened the game and the first choice in game after all the real choices we took so far to get to this point it gives us a potential game over, that sir is called "a dick move".
At this point we took several choices to play the game / experience the story. There shouldn't be the need for another barrier.

I get that, in real life you lose out on things you choose not to pursue, but like Cybland said most people dont play games because they are a perfect reflection of life. To at on to it there is a small subset of people on here that only play games till the first ending they get and it would be a shame if they would miss this masterpiece in the making, because of that non choice.
First,thank you :cool: It's always nice to hear something positive about my work,appreciate it

The car is an incentive,it says "We are serious and generous."

Okay,I'm acknowledging the flashback may build certain expectations.
Kepp in mind Ghost while being your avatar,is also a character,he has personality and his way of thinking.He just had a dream,one of the females in the dream was a redhead,then he hears about an unknown redhead,he just connects the dots in his mind - that was the authors intention.
Now when you meet Claire,not only does she says she knows you are supposed to meet someone,during the dance,there is a short dialogue letting you know,she is somehow involved.

As you move along the plot,you meet Spider

Like I said earlier in the first release there was no choice in the club,if you read some of the early comments,hat resulted in some not necessery honest comments,claiming a game with around80% of the story vs around 20% of lewd content is a "fuck fest" and a 2 star ,equaly honest review because someone felt violated by playing an adult game.Therefore in response I decided to implement a choice

I can be a dick,but wasn't trying in this case.I could have implemented more options leading to a game over screen:Not take the invitation,say hard "no" to Mr. Hauer etc...I didn't and I won't.

Game Overs are a dick move. But who would turn down a hot smoldering fantastic babe ?

What game are we playing where with nothing, coming from nothing, looking for any and all opportunity,
would anyone turn down a hottie in a club speciffically calling for us and wanting for us to participate in a good time ?
Certainly not moi.The girl clearly has expectations and subverting those would be a crime.Not to mention wearing just high heels and stockings it's fairly easy to catch cold and me,personally,being a good samaritain,I decide to keep her warm. :HideThePain:

Cybland

Aug 15, 2021
Don't want to extend discussion further, by now it's concluded that game/story so far will stay as is.

I get Canto Forte's description of MC and agree, to make the "right" choices MC has to be like Canto portraits him. What moved me to suggest other approach, was the story after Club scene, when we find out more about MC. And to answer your question 'bout who would decline Claire, maybe someone who was so badly burned in his previous relationship that he hasn't actively pursued female companionship for over 15 months. If that doesn't smell of mistrust towards females, especially ones using their charm for some vague motive, I don't know what does. Simply put, after finding out what MC has experienced in past, with his professional and emotional life, my impression was that he would be somewhat reserved towards opportunities presented. That was the reason for my suggested minor changes, to me it's more plausible that MC would decline Claire on the dancefloor, but he would take the job after details were presented/revealed. Claire especially, for Ghost, should look as a very dangerous type of female, no nonsense lady with some vague motives. Even using Frank to relay a message (and the way Frank was "used" for that) should've put Ghost into somewhat reserved mode, considering that Frank was there when Ghost was burned by a female, while trying to dig himself out of some shit on a professional side (I'm intentionally avoiding spoilers here). For me, neglecting to try the car door clearly marked with his name, was a sign of his "carefulness", at least that's how I've tried to explain to myself the reason for not trying it out. In the end yes, Ghost is in essence job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler, as Canto said, but for me he's someone who's aware that he was badly burned in past because he is job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler and, therefore, he's somewhat (or maybe a lot, given that he is an appealing male who hasn't had a lady visitor for a long time) careful in his interactions. In the end, considering how I have "imagined" Ghost's profile, the chain of events would've been Claire dances with the Ghost, teases him and "nature" gives out a positive test result, she is impressed with result and (far too) eager to dive into more detailed testing (even Sydney and Spider are surprised of Claire "going all the way", that clearly wasn't expected). Ghost is not comfortable with how(fast) things are moving and (politely) declines Claire, after which she sends him to the office where job details are revealed. For people who believe that Ghost is (still) carefree job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler there is accept button. :)

And yes, from the player perspective, 'cause at the time we're presented with the choice we know so little about Ghost and his past, accepting Claire seems like no-brainer (it is AVN after all, you do not refuse sex in AVNs). But in retrospect, after learning about his past, that choice doesn't "feel" right, at least for me.

Last edited:

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Don't want to extend discussion further, by now it's concluded that game/story so far will stay as is.

I get Canto Forte's description of MC and agree, to make the "right" choices MC has to be like Canto portraits him. What moved me to suggest other approach, was the story after Club scene, when we find out more about MC. And to answer your question 'bout who would decline Claire, maybe someone who was so badly burned in his previous relationship that he hasn't actively pursued female companionship for over 15 months. If that doesn't smell of mistrust towards females, especially ones using their charm for some vague motive, I don't know what does. Simply put, after finding out what MC has experienced in past, with his professional and emotional life, my impression was that he would be somewhat reserved towards opportunities presented. That was the reason for my suggested minor changes, to me it's more plausible that MC would decline Claire on the dancefloor, but he would take the job after details were presented/revealed. Claire especially, for Ghost, should look as a very dangerous type of female, no nonsense lady with some vague motives. Even using Frank to relay a message (and the way Frank was "used" for that) should've put Ghost into somewhat reserved mode, considering that Frank was there when Ghost was burned by a female, while trying to dig himself out of some shit on a professional side (I'm intentionally avoiding spoilers here). For me, neglecting to try the car door clearly marked with his name, was a sign of his "carefulness", at least that's how I've tried to explain to myself the reason for not trying it out. In the end yes, Ghost is in essence job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler, as Canto said, but for me he's someone who's aware that he was badly burned in past because he is job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler and, therefore, he's somewhat (or maybe a lot, given that he is an appealing male who hasn't had a lady visitor for a long time) careful in his interactions. In the end, considering how I have "imagined" Ghost's profile, the chain of events would've been Claire dances with the Ghost, teases him and "nature" gives out a positive test result, she is impressed with result and (far too) eager to dive into more detailed testing (even Sydney and Spider are surprised of Claire "going all the way", that clearly wasn't expected). Ghost is not comfortable with how(fast) things are moving and (politely) declines Claire, after which she sends him to the office where job details are revealed. For people who believe that Ghost is (still) carefree job hungry + girl hungry + opportunistic free lance hustler there is accept button. :)

And yes, from the player perspective, 'cause at the time we're presented with the choice we know so little about Ghost and his past, accepting Claire seems like no-brainer (it is AVN after all, you do not refuse sex in AVNs). But in retrospect, after learning about his past, that choice doesn't "feel" right, at least for me.

4.00 star(s) 45 Votes