4.10 star(s) 38 Votes

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
Does anyone have a comprehensive guide on how to get the modded PLUS version of the game in linux? I'm at the end of my rope here, nothing works so far.

ohcmonrest

Jul 22, 2017
So I am having a go at trying to convert the windows version of the mod to linux again.
I have the linux version of the vanilla game and the windows version of the PLUS mod and am trying to copy files from the windows version to the linux version. Everything goes well except the "js" dir, then I run into ReferenceErrors trying to launch. Below as well as attached is the terminal output trying to launch and I've also attached a function in "rpg_windows.js" (line 298 to end of function) that might be of significance as it gives a syntaxError but I can't figure it out why it doesn't want to work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
Window_Base.prototype.convertNCCharacters = function(text, loop=20) {
    text = text.replace(/\\/g, '\x1b');
    text = text.replace(/\x1b\x1b/g, '\\');
    text = text.replace(/\x1bV\[(\d+)\]/gi, function() {
        return $gameVariables.value(parseInt(arguments[1]));
    }.bind(this));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bN\[(\d+)\]/gi, function() {
        return this.actorName(parseInt(arguments[1]));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bP\[(\d+)\]/gi, function() {
        return this.partyMemberName(parseInt(arguments[1]));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bG/gi, TextManager.currencyUnit);
    if(loop>0){
        return this.convertNCCharacters(text, loop-1);
    }
    else{
        return text;
    }

};

It would be amazing if anyone can help. It's great that the vanilla game has a linux version but a bit of a shame that you seem to be out of luck if you want to play the mod, as it only has a windows (and I think mac) version.
Thanks.

dragpz

May 29, 2017
So I am having a go at trying to convert the windows version of the mod to linux again.
I have the linux version of the vanilla game and the windows version of the PLUS mod and am trying to copy files from the windows version to the linux version. Everything goes well except the "js" dir, then I run into ReferenceErrors trying to launch. Below as well as attached is the terminal output trying to launch and I've also attached a function in "rpg_windows.js" (line 298 to end of function) that might be of significance as it gives a syntaxError but I can't figure it out why it doesn't want to work.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Code:
Window_Base.prototype.convertNCCharacters = function(text, loop=20) {
    text = text.replace(/\\/g, '\x1b');
    text = text.replace(/\x1b\x1b/g, '\\');
    }.bind(this));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bN\[(\d+)\]/gi, function() {
        return this.actorName(parseInt(arguments[1]));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bP\[(\d+)\]/gi, function() {
        return this.partyMemberName(parseInt(arguments[1]));
    }.bind(this));
    text = text.replace(/\x1bG/gi, TextManager.currencyUnit);
    if(loop>0){
        return this.convertNCCharacters(text, loop-1);
    }
    else{
        return text;
    }

};

It would be amazing if anyone can help. It's great that the vanilla game has a linux version but a bit of a shame that you seem to be out of luck if you want to play the mod, as it only has a windows (and I think mac) version.
Thanks.
There is no need to create a Linux version. On Linux, you will be running most .exe files through Wine or Lutris, you may have to google a setup guide for Wine/Lutris. Worst case scenario, you can try running the game on a VM through the free VMware Workstation Player with a W8/W10 iso from the Microsoft Website. You shouldn't have to though, as I am running the game perfectly fine via Wine on Linux

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
Nano Walkthrough = Walkthrough for the base game (the non-modded parts of the game)

NCPlusChangelog -> index.html leads to very simplified changelog of modded game.

Open index.html, scroll down to bottom and click "more info" for detailed changelog + walkthrough of modded game.

Please don't move any files out of NCPlusChangelog or you might break something :)

This was all on discord by the way, but I understand – it was a pain to find it o_O
I'm assuming some of the characters added are blatantly loli? Sad, I really wanted to try the expanded mod without having to download the straight up loli content.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I'm assuming some of the characters added are blatantly loli? Sad, I really wanted to try the expanded mod without having to download the straight up loli content.
Loli content is optional, so if you don't like it, you just don't need to play it :)

trainboy2019

Dec 17, 2018
Hey, I'm the creator of the mod for this game. The next version is out not. You can get it here:

The reason I didn't post it here before was to keep things organized with big reports and hotfixes. I'll still mainly be looking in the discord server for bug reports, but I realized I could just have the hotfixes in a Mega folder.

With all that said, I hope you all enjoy the mod.

ncelsword

Jun 8, 2020
Hey, I'm the creator of the mod for this game. The next version is out not. You can get it here: Mega

The reason I didn't post it here before was to keep things organized with big reports and hotfixes. I'll still mainly be looking in the discord server for bug reports, but I realized I could just have the hotfixes in a Mega folder.

Oh most definitely. This ads a lot to an already pretty good hypnosis game and very much enjoy the additions.

BTW I mention this on discord as well but the Mega link says it failed to load when I click on the link.

dirtyotaku13

Jul 12, 2017
Hey, I'm the creator of the mod for this game. The next version is out not. You can get it here: Mega

Hopefully a stupid question, but about how often does this mod get updated? Only just found out about and played through v20 and was wondering if this is a regularly updated thing or a "when it's done it's done" kinda schedule?

trainboy2019

Dec 17, 2018
Oh most definitely. This ads a lot to an already pretty good hypnosis game and very much enjoy the additions.

BTW I mention this on discord as well but the Mega link says it failed to load when I click on the link.
I replied in the discord asking what you meant by that. The link works on my end, even when logged out of my mega acct. Maybe it's a regional restriction?

Hopefully a stupid question, but about how often does this mod get updated? Only just found out about and played through v20 and was wondering if this is a regularly updated thing or a "when it's done it's done" kinda schedule?
Definitely "when it's done it's done". I'm just working on this in my free time.

Reactions: dirtyotaku13

ncelsword

Jun 8, 2020
Okay can someone explain in more detail how to transfer saves? Where do I find these www folders? THey aren't in the game folder anymore so where are they?

Alpha & Bravo

Mar 29, 2022

What's the mod for, if I may ask?

ayy

Sep 14, 2016
One recommendation for the mod: as corruption increases, have the women choose their own outfits from the wardrobes. Can refresh on a daily basis.

Reactions: Albedo

Vallaim

Aug 8, 2019
i'm not going through 99+ pages to find the answer.
Q: how do i get the protected & pet routes?
i thought protected was waking them up in their mind but that was apparently wrong as i got the rpgm "fail" sound.
i assume pet has something to do with guest charas but i haven't progressed much in that area.

trainboy2019

Dec 17, 2018
Okay can someone explain in more detail how to transfer saves? Where do I find these www folders? THey aren't in the game folder anymore so where are they?
Save location is different depending on the operating system. On macOS, it's in ~/Library/Application Support/Nano-control/Saves
On Windows, it's somewhere in %AppData%, I think.

What's the mod for, if I may ask?
The mod is for Nano-control. Basically, I wanted to continue where the developer left off. So far, some of the most notable changes are that Lily is a main girl, there are new scenes, you can do more things with the bonus girls, and a new bonus girl has been added. There's a more detailed changeling in the mod download.

One recommendation for the mod: as corruption increases, have the women choose their own outfits from the wardrobes. Can refresh on a daily basis.
I like the idea. Might be difficult to execute, though. Odds are, if I found a way to add this, you'd get a bizarre mashup of different outfits lol.

i'm not going through 99+ pages to find the answer.
Q: how do i get the protected & pet routes?
i thought protected was waking them up in their mind but that was apparently wrong as i got the rpgm "fail" sound.
i assume pet has something to do with guest charas but i haven't progressed much in that area.
Like protecting them in the ending? You'll need to have enough knowledge once you find the ending clues, then check the controller.
For pets, it's a secret quest. It involves getting a girl to lvl 4, and it also involves a cat. I hope that's a good hint.

ncelsword

Jun 8, 2020
Okay so finished seeing the new Aima and just a few things

1. After you finish the Enslavement event some of the dialogue doesn't update. A few of the lines still have her call you by player name even if you set her to master or something else. A few lines also imply she's still trying to enslave you despite being past that point. Now I'm not saying we need a complex addition to the story. But at least the existing dialogue should have a post enslavement varient. Like ... for example the line "Need to wait for him to let his guard down" might become "I wonder if [player title] would like a suprise play". OR something better that that.
  2. Would be good if her dream had a post enslavement varient like the other girl in the middle room. Where her dream starts out her enslaving the world but you flip it into you being on top. Or how the Mom gets a new dream after being pregnant. It just doesn't make sense for her to still have her prior dream. It even still prompts the MC to remark on how focused she in on enslaveing him even after her event.
Those are really the only notable gaps in the mod update.

IF the modder is willing I do have an idea I want to propose. We currently have 3 extra girls (5 if you count Sarah and Emma) that aren't accociated with any ending. And Crystal/Aima seemed to have some connection to the other two from the in even if only a slight acquiantance. So ... would it be too much to try to create a group ending with those three?

I confess I'm not sure how much work that would take but it would kinda help tie up this modded content together at the end. Either way it's just a proposal, if it's too much then that's a shame but whatever.

trainboy2019

Dec 17, 2018
Okay so finished seeing the new Aima and just a few things

1. After you finish the Enslavement event some of the dialogue doesn't update. A few of the lines still have her call you by player name even if you set her to master or something else. A few lines also imply she's still trying to enslave you despite being past that point. Now I'm not saying we need a complex addition to the story. But at least the existing dialogue should have a post enslavement varient. Like ... for example the line "Need to wait for him to let his guard down" might become "I wonder if [player title] would like a suprise play". OR something better that that.
  2. Would be good if her dream had a post enslavement varient like the other girl in the middle room. Where her dream starts out her enslaving the world but you flip it into you being on top. Or how the Mom gets a new dream after being pregnant. It just doesn't make sense for her to still have her prior dream. It even still prompts the MC to remark on how focused she in on enslaveing him even after her event.
Those are really the only notable gaps in the mod update.

IF the modder is willing I do have an idea I want to propose. We currently have 3 extra girls (5 if you count Sarah and Emma) that aren't accociated with any ending. And Crystal/Aima seemed to have some connection to the other two from the in even if only a slight acquiantance. So ... would it be too much to try to create a group ending with those three?

I confess I'm not sure how much work that would take but it would kinda help tie up this modded content together at the end. Either way it's just a proposal, if it's too much then that's a shame but whatever.
Thanks for pointing out the dialogue issue, I mist've messed up a variable somewhere.

I forgot about changing her dream, Yeah, I should change that XD

I considered an ending with the inn girls, but since they belong to other people, I felt weird doing something like that. Especially since endings involve preg, and I know the creator of one of those girls isn't a fan of that. I do like the idea of a scene with them, but it would almost certainly not be an ending.
I do have some plans for Emma, though.

altnation

Jul 5, 2020

Hey! The macos version seems to be reported as damaged. Any ideas as to why? Thanks!

4.10 star(s) 38 Votes