VN Ren'Py Abandoned Native English Speakers, Aliens, and All the Rest [v0.02f_overhaul_2] [Skidmoria]

rax0045

Oct 16, 2020
downloaded file from workupload is giving virus alert (both from firefox browser before download & norton & windows defender after download). file from Anon file is okay

Reactions: Jenzi800

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Tip for the dev or whoever posed the models:
Unless Jinjin (I'm talking about the screenshot of the "owl" girl at the fountain in the OP) is an alien or possessed by demons, human neck does NOT turn over 90° (left or right) without snapping. In fact, it's usually much less than 90°, somewhere between 70 and 80°. You can only touch your shoulder with your chin by moving your shoulder forward, not by turning your head to your shoulder.
The turning limit also depends on the position of the neck. You can turn more when your neck is straight up and much less while bowed forward as it is on the picture.
It's useful to try to move your own head or limbs into planned positions before contorting your models to humanly impossible extremes that make them look creepy.

Yes, contortionists often can move beyond normal limits, but they either are born with some mutations that allow it or trained since the day they were born. Or both.

Last edited:

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Hello, I'm a little late with answering. It is true that this release may not currently be of enough interest for some in terms of content. The impatience to finally have finished a first demo was too big. The existing content is still being revised and some choices will also be intregrated into it that already change the course of things. This is not supposed to end up as a kinetic visual novel.

As for the posing, someone else has already pointed this out to me, so that's another point that needs to be addressed.

No one will be forced on you. In fact, I plan a special ending if you didn't have any sex at all.

Kinks I want to incorporate are:
Pregnancy (optional)
Mother-daughter combos
Gilfs (two or three, I have already done introductory scenes for one. As I've stated above, if this turns you off it will remain optional. You can leave everything at a cordial level or none at all.)
Incest (optional)

Other:
Music (for some scenes), but only sometime in the first half of next year. I don't think it's that important for most.
Maybe some optional mini games

As for the "incessant internal monologue" criticism, I am going to condense the text somewhat. I already felt that it was getting a bit too much without any changes (screens etc.)

By the way, the boy and the two women from the subway fantasy are supposed to reappear at a later time. One of the women pretty soon.

Last edited:

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
downloaded file from workupload is giving virus alert (both from firefox browser before download & norton & windows defender after download). file from Anon file is okay
That's odd, I've tried it myself now and everything is fine here (Windows 10 with Defender).

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
The title and premise looked so weird I had to try it out. But I was just left bored out of my mind. The start is very weak. Not weird enough, not funny enough, not horny enough. Just a truckload of exposition. There are attempts at jokes but they can't carry all the weight. I gave up right before MC's friend picks him up on the airport.
On hindsight, and I don't know if this was intentional or not, on the very screen you insert MC's name, the game seems to brag it doesn't contain "incessant internal monologues" just to then treat you with one very boring incessant internal monologue. And that was the funniest thing to me.
As I've written already above, I've decided to do something about the "incessant internal monologues thing". I plan to move some things that would otherwise make the text too long into some kind of info screens that can be called from the main menu or the current screen. Actually, as for the "not horny enough", I've already had an idea for some time, I just don't know when I will include it. I just didn't know whether the way I did the beginning would be liked by most. This will take some time though. Admittedly, for some it might be better to revisit the game at a later time.

Last edited:

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
I know what Doctor Who is, but I've never watched this. One day I'll probably have to.
It was the blue British Police phone box that Dr. Who operates out of which was the only connection I could figure out to explain the old red British public phone box (from the same era) being in the picture.

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
It was the blue British Police phone box that Dr. Who operates out of which was the only connection I could figure out to explain the old red British public phone box (from the same era) being in the picture.
The title image was kind of improvised. In fact, it was the last thing I did before releasing the first version. So the phone box was nothing really thought out. I have another theme in mind that will take some more effort. Something for a future update.

8InchFloppyDick

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Very little Ingrish, commendable indeed. Some laff-out-loud moments, excellent too. That said... no way is the writer a Native Speaker of English. But who cares, this VN's tongue is well into its own cheek and for that, valiant Sir Developer, I salute you!

Reactions: Skidmoria

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
I feel as if the premise was alright but not interesting enough.
I understand. I want to unfold the story into more unexpected territory later. So not just check what native speakers do and say and report back. Admittedly something for the future, this demo was maybe a bit short for it. I value the feedback though. Some things might not work out well and they can be reworked.

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Very little Ingrish, commendable indeed. Some laff-out-loud moments, excellent too. That said... no way is the writer a Native Speaker of English. But who cares, this VN's tongue is well into its own cheek and for that, valiant Sir Developer, I salute you!
I've already done a first language fix in the second update and everything that will be reported will end up in future updates. The Deingrishing is a very important thing to me. Things like "masterbate", "it's" <-> "its", "affect" <-> effect etc. simply break the immersion for me in other devs' games. I do understand the difficulties for writers as I am not a native speaker myself, but please at least try.

Skidmoria

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2020
Just for the record: I am doing updates that change the existing content (adding choices, improving/condensing text etc.) These should appear in relative quick succession (versions 0.01x). In parallel, I am working on 0.02. This version should include 4 new scenes, one of them (the visit at the nightclub) a bit longer than the other ones.

(EDIT: Sorry, the nightclub scene is going to appear in 0.02 and should be a bit longer than the other scenes. As for the visit at Sander's parents' place this might appear only in 0.03).

Last edited:

Gosamr

May 6, 2021
The title image was kind of improvised. In fact, it was the last thing I did before releasing the first version. So the phone box was nothing really thought out. I have another theme in mind that will take some more effort. Something for a future update.
No worries. It was just a curious observation. Hope your project turns out to be as satisfying and well received as you hope it will be.

Reactions: Skidmoria

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Ok, I gotta say it - this looks like it's going to be reeeeeeeally strange, so of course I'm gonna keep my eye on it! :ROFLMAO:

It already looked kind of quirky\interesting but then the fire spirit\demon thingy popped up and I thought "yep, gotta see where this goes"