VN Ren'Py Natsumi Love Story [v0.4.6] [Steradianfauns]

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
In case you're serious, the Dev already said it's not going to have an unhappy ending. Spoilers and all that.
https://f95zone.to/threads/natsumi-love-story-v0-4-0-steradianfauns.97651/post-8048184
I don't want MC or his sister to fuck anyone else. This game started out SO GOOD, so romantic and wholesome, a lot of depth to their relationship, but noo instead of being a gem it is just going to be another miserable drop in the ocean of generic harem, apparently we don't have enough of those. Everything they said to each other how they love each other so much and don't need anyone else, all of that was worth nothing, it was all a lie. Name a game in which brother and sister are madly in love and monogamous? You can count them on one hand, there are thousands of harem games out there.

I am actually mad like for real. I find a game I absolutely love and it takes a course that is a complete disaster for me. Anyway, it is the devs game they can do what they want, I will just peace out.

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
In case you're serious, the Dev already said it's not going to have an unhappy ending. Spoilers and all that.
https://f95zone.to/threads/natsumi-love-story-v0-4-0-steradianfauns.97651/post-8048184
The Thing is, she is actively deciding against you. Marriage is not a simple mistake.

>If something happens to her. It's not the MC that gets contacted, but her Spouse.
>If some decisions need to be made in case of a medical emergency. It's not the MC that gets asked, but her Spouse.
>If she gives birth. It's not her Brother with her in the delivery room, but her Spouse.
She is cutting You actively out of a massive proportion of her live. Willingly and Happy. Its simply fucked up to talk about a happy end.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I hope we get more dominant Natsumi scenes in the future, they were pretty hot.

Also, the constant impregnation in every sex scene is starting to get repetitive, why even have the option if no one becomes pregnant, is it just because it's too much of a bother to change the models and the story?

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Alright I'll explain a little bit.

Since this is my first writing that's turned into a VN, I can see that I have still much to learn.
This story at first is a love story just between the brother and the sister, that's why there's a whole 4 chapters focused on them while the other girls are just introduced or barely mentioned.
But before I decided to turn this into a VN, I researched on a bunch of VN that made lots of money, and I'll be lying if money isn't my goal in making this. And for all of the VN that I researched, they're all harems, so I figured that must be where the money is. Hence I add more girls to Natsumi Love Story and turned into a harem.

And then I was adamant on making this a linear story because that's what I usually written. And I did say that this will be just like reading a doujinshi. But I guess I didn't know that in VN, players is much more likely to self-insert and will want to make their own decision rather than just reading. So that's my mistake. And now I'm much better at writing a multiple routes story thanks to Pan Hero.

So here's my decision after doing some thinking and exploring the storylines in my head. The game will be remade, into something like a small dating sim, and optional grinding. But the story content is still the same, just the mechanics that are remade. There will be three routes, at least for now.
1. Harem Route, or what I originally plan.
2. Natsumi Route, where you just be with Natsumi
3. True Yandere Route, where Natsumi turns into the True Yandere.

Both 1 and 2 are happy ending, while 3 are just typical bleak yandere ending.

And the fight against NTR will also be made optional, since what caused it was someone peeking through the window, it'll be pretty simple to prevent that.
The wedding at the start will be a daydream, and the future scene with Yui will be a dream, both only come true if you go through the Harem Route.

The remade itself shouldn't take long, since I can just use the same mechanics in Pan Hero and apply it to this.

Oh and pregnancy will also be in the game, but it'll be somewhat a small ending on it's own.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
This story at first is a love story just between the brother and the sister, that's why there's a whole 4 chapters focused on them while the other girls are just introduced or barely mentioned.
haha.. yeah .. no, it's not... it's a battle against NTR.. because "I hates za NTR" so much it needs to be the focus of everything I write! ... if it were romance it would be focused on romancing... not on dodging NTR and how to avoid X because he has Y bla bla bla.,... that's not romance or romantic... that's not a harem VN that's just .. "shit what is this dev thinking?"
But before I decided to turn this into a VN, I researched on a bunch of VN that made lots of money, and I'll be lying if money isn't my goal in making this. And for all of the VN that I researched, they're all harems, so I figured that must be where the money is. Hence I add more girls to Natsumi Love Story and turned into a harem.
You sure you did your research?
But I guess I didn't know that in VN, players is much more likely to self-insert and will want to make their own decision rather than just reading.
I mean .. just reading a few pages in 2 big harem names and you'd find that out... so .. yeah..
And the fight against NTR will also be made optional, since what caused it was someone peeking through the window, it'll be pretty simple to prevent that.
nah, focus on it, cause that's what romance is .. iit's romantic to dodge NTR..... I'll never understand how anyone can think like that ... but yeah..not dev here.
The wedding at the start will be a daydream, and the future scene with Yui will be a dream, both only come true if you go through the Harem Route.
So... the sister who is SO MUCH IN LOVE with MC , will still marry another chick , cause reasons :))

*sigh*....
I guess best of luck with what you're trying to do...

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022

Since this is my first writing that's turned into a VN, I can see that I have still much to learn.

And then I was adamant on making this a linear story because that's what I usually written. And I did say that this will be just like reading a doujinshi. But I guess I didn't know that in VN, players is much more likely to self-insert and will want to make their own decision rather than just reading. So that's my mistake. And now I'm much better at writing a multiple routes story thanks to Pan Hero.

So here's my decision after doing some thinking and exploring the storylines in my head. The game will be remade, into something like a small dating sim, and optional grinding. But the story content is still the same, just the mechanics that are remade. There will be three routes, at least for now.

The remade itself shouldn't take long, since I can just use the same mechanics in Pan Hero and apply it to this.

Oh and pregnancy will also be in the game, but it'll be somewhat a small ending on it's own.
I just started playing this. are you saying you are remaking the whole game and not updating the game the way it is anymore? If that's what you are saying then I'll just quit now instead of wasting my time. I'd rather play this VN than a grindy sandbox

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018

I know I can be an obnoxious ass. So I find it great that you respond to my, kind of rude, criticism. I really appreciate that. (y)

I think the idea of the intro and the other scene as a daydream is great and it spares you time because only the text needs to be changed and the renders can stay as they are.

But you have an obvious problem understanding what the appeal of a harem is :unsure: -> we Play Harem games to get all the women. So doing those changes only on the true Natsumi Route would literally do nothing for me(us).

I get it the story is your baby and you are reluctant to get rid of it. You tried something fresh and I give you huge respect for doing so. But there is no shame in realizing and admitting that something you think is cool, is not working as it should (or not wanted) and making the necessary changes.

I get you, I really do. Sometimes I think of features a program could have in addition to what the customer wants to add something more, something special. But if the customer doesn't want those additional features. I have to take them out, even if I think the Program would be better with them.

I came in this threat when the game got first posted because of the Harem tag and then I played it even with the beginning because I liked Natsumi, but the more I got attached to her the more I hated the intro.

TLDR: If you don't make changes to the Harem Route, I (and probably some others) will still give you shit. :ROFLMAO:

I just started playing this. are you saying you are remaking the whole game and not updating the game the way it is anymore? If that's what you are saying then I'll just quit now instead of wasting my time. I'd rather play this VN than a grindy sandbox
Dev never said it will become sandbox But that it will have different Routes -> and if he pulls through we are in for real gem
so dont dismiss it right away but maybe wait till the rework is done.
We could have something really good coming our way.

Edit: SteradianFauns Please for the love of god, can you just don't go sandbox. A simple VN with simple decisions would be great, don't overcomplicate things. You only need two triggers in the game. The decision is if you want the Love/Harem-Route or Natsumi solo, and then later if you reign in Natsumi or let her go of full yandere style. That is all it would take. You already have another game. If you want to finish them anytime soon, don't make yourself more work than necessary.

Last edited:

Duke4515

Jul 8, 2017

I enjoy pan hero a lot but I hate the sandbox, but I also feel that way with almost every sandbox tbf. I prefer not to have it if we have a choice. The only type of sandbox I'm ok with is like what "What a Legend" does.

I'm okay with a harem, I only find Risa to be undesirable so far, everyone else seems fine as of now. I didn't consider her having a bf as a huge issue, but I find her lack of emotional/romantic investment into the MC as an indication he would be better off moving on from her. For me I consider that an issue if we are expected to get with her. That's pretty much my biggest issue, but again allowing us to choose her virginity was a good call imo.

I also never had a big issue with the anti-NTR stuff like some people. I'm usually the one who gets annoyed when it comes to that stuff. I mean the guy who tried to blackmail got ass raped. I was unsurprisingly ok with that. I didn't think it needed a huge change imo.

Also, I didn't mind the marriage thing as much either. It sucked but it wasn't a big issue to me. It's clear the MC is the husband for all of them at the end of the day, if at least somewhat unofficially.

Last edited:

SteradianFauns

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2021
Let me clarify a bit about the dating sim that I'm thinking. It's basically inspired from Happiness Double Room
It won't be a too grindy and lengthy sandbox. Basically you can explore the house and some area of the school in between the chapters, and interact with the characters, see what they say about the current chapters.

If you want to move forward with the chapters, simply talk to Natsumi or other character depending on whose chapter it is. A button to jump straight to the characters will also be available so you don't need to spend too much trying to find them.

Other than that, you can talk, flirt, pat, hug, kiss, or fuck Natsumi, and the others depending on which route you'll be taking. Or you can make Natsumi so horny her yandere side comes out and jumps on you. The stats will be just some kind of a score that won't affect the gameplay, like the indicator at sex chapter only.

And the current UI will be turned into a replay gallery. That's it.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Let me clarify a bit about the dating sim that I'm thinking. It's basically inspired from Happiness Double Room
It won't be a too grindy and lengthy sandbox. Basically you can explore the house and some area of the school in between the chapters, and interact with the characters, see what they say about the current chapters.

If you want to move forward with the chapters, simply talk to Natsumi or other character depending on whose chapter it is. A button to jump straight to the characters will also be available so you don't need to spend too much trying to find them.

Other than that, you can talk, flirt, pat, hug, kiss, or fuck Natsumi, and the others depending on which route you'll be taking. Or you can make Natsumi so horny her yandere side comes out and jumps on you. The stats will be just some kind of a score that won't affect the gameplay, like the indicator at sex chapter only.

And the current UI will be turned into a replay gallery. That's it.
And what about the harem?

Apr 27, 2022
Hey everyone, I'm the developer, thanks for posting this here since I have no idea how to do that :)
An update is coming, it's about 95% done.

The reason why it's taking so long for an update is because I'm also working on another game which will be my main project, check them out while you wait for this update is finished -> The Daily Life of Pan Hero

Also, I will address some of your question and concern here.
For the people who loves pregnancy, I'm sorry but the fetish only go as far as impregnation. Since impregnation itself is optional, it's hard to add pregnancy as optional to the story.

The story is linear, but there will be choices that will either progress the story or jumps to a bad ending, this is what I meant by

There won't be any NTR or behind the scene NTR to MC's girls, any plot that looks like it will be an NTR is actually a fight against NTR, so the NTR attempt have to exist in the stories. But again, there's no NTR to MC's girls.

About the marriage that'll happen in the future, let's just say there's many reasons to get married. And about sharing Natsumi with other girls, let's just say that rather than MC being the sole owner/master of the harem, it's actually both MC and Natsumi who are the owners/masters of the harem. So technically you're sharing the other girls with Natsumi, or in other words, threesome.

Yuri is not optional, but the sex scenes are skippable.
The wedding info should really be on the op. In the story spoiler or Developer Notes. As I stop play right after the wedding. Just the though of her married another dude was enough to stop me playing. I mean what the point if she not with the MC at least that way my thought till I read what you posted.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
The wedding info should really be on the op. In the story spoiler or Developer Notes. As I stop play right after the wedding. Just the though of her married another dude was enough to stop me playing. I mean what the point if she not with the MC at least that way my thought till I read what you posted.
she's a yandere .. who marries someone else... cause it's illegal in japan, it's not like they can move... or even better it's not like a yandere cares... but hell .. she needs to mary someone else :)))
that shit makes me laugh so much.... :)))

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
To be fair, she isn't marrying another dude. She is marrying another member of the harem. I get that it still bothers some people, which is fair (I'm not a huge fan of lesbian stuff in games either), but she isn't hooking up with another guy in any way.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
To be fair, she isn't marrying another dude. She is marrying another member of the harem. I get that it still bothers some people, which is fair (I'm not a huge fan of lesbian stuff in games either), but she isn't hooking up with another guy in any way.
she's a yandere... a yandere... she's not a normal girl..
a yandere doing anything like that.. it's not happening...
either she is a yandere or she's not...
because a yandere would never care about anything else BESIDES the target of their affection..
a yandere wouldn't say "oh yeah, I'm attracted to girls now" "I find girls making out hot" " I need to mary someone else so we can keep our relationship secret"

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
she's a yandere... a yandere... she's not a normal girl..
a yandere doing anything like that.. it's not happening...
either she is a yandere or she's not...
because a yandere would never care about anything else BESIDES the target of their affection..
a yandere wouldn't say "oh yeah, I'm attracted to girls now" "I find girls making out hot" " I need to mary someone else so we can keep our relationship secret"
I don't disagree in principle. I just always saw the yandere stuff as roleplaying. Especially because the most yandere type stuff we see usually ends up either being the MC's imagination, or her imagination. Like when he imagines her with the knife, or when the little meeting is going on in her head. I saw her as a bro-con/cuckquean putting on a yandere performance because it was fun.

I'm not a huge fan of her turning bisexual or harems really being poly-relationships where sex between the girls happens without the MC being involved. I can somewhat tolerate girls doing some stuff during three-ways if the MC is still the primary focus and driving force.

I've also said before that I think them finding ways around marriage laws was kind of novel and funny, and I'm willing to see it play out. It might end up not being something I find compelling in the long run, but I'm willing to let the developer try and do something interesting with it.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Well... I like the early parts of the game (read a bit into Chapter 2), and I'm curious how it's gonna keep going. But the English is just... really rough. And it seems to be getting worse over time.
Give this a proofread and I'll be delighted.

Oct 10, 2019

This combined with the already mentioned virginity toggle for Risa almost completely removes any problems I personally had with the game, the removal of the NTR war will please many, the only thing that would make the story even better would be making Risa actually in love with MC and in denaial, like she semed to be already, also
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
as others have pointed out you clearly misinterpreted what peaple like about harems, making things optional is a good idea in general, even if sometimes it is not enough,

also what your original idea was is more similar to a graphic novel in digital form, on this site the tag for a story without choices is kinetic novel, VN fans expect at least some choice in the game,

on a different note if you give the player the option to name the MC it is almost guaranteed that most peaple are going to self insert, I personally do not play any games where the MC is already named, another reason it is really difficult to find games to play for me, turning a story into a game is very difficult, so it is not strange that it did not work on the first try.

In the end changing the story is for the best, at least for a game, a story does not need to give choice but a game does, also peaple are going to be annoyed if you give them the chance to self insert but then you put reactions in for the MC on particular topics, harems and NTR do not mix well, in fact other guys in general are not well received, some peaple just want the romance without the constant problem of defending the girls from being stolen or raped,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I went on a bit of a rant there so I put it in a spoiler, I will probably wait for the remake and the final decision on where the story goes before I play the game again, I was about to play chapter 4 but I am glad I waited, changing Risa's disposition in the remake would make it better for me, or you could tie it to the virginity toggle so if she is a virgin she was actually in love with MC, anyway the choice is yours, I whish you good luck in your endeavours and await the remake.

Oct 10, 2019
I know I can be an obnoxious ass. So I find it great that you respond to my, kind of rude, criticism. I really appreciate that. (y)

I think the idea of the intro and the other scene as a daydream is great and it spares you time because only the text needs to be changed and the renders can stay as they are.

But you have an obvious problem understanding what the appeal of a harem is :unsure: -> we Play Harem games to get all the women. So doing those changes only on the true Natsumi Route would literally do nothing for me(us).

I get it the story is your baby and you are reluctant to get rid of it. You tried something fresh and I give you huge respect for doing so. But there is no shame in realizing and admitting that something you think is cool, is not working as it should (or not wanted) and making the necessary changes.

I get you, I really do. Sometimes I think of features a program could have in addition to what the customer wants to add something more, something special. But if the customer doesn't want those additional features. I have to take them out, even if I think the Program would be better with them.

I came in this threat when the game got first posted because of the Harem tag and then I played it even with the beginning because I liked Natsumi, but the more I got attached to her the more I hated the intro.

TLDR: If you don't make changes to the Harem Route, I (and probably some others) will still give you shit. :ROFLMAO:

Dev never said it will become sandbox But that it will have different Routes -> and if he pulls through we are in for real gem
so dont dismiss it right away but maybe wait till the rework is done.
We could have something really good coming our way.

Edit: SteradianFauns Please for the love of god, can you just don't go sandbox. A simple VN with simple decisions would be great, don't overcomplicate things. You only need two triggers in the game. The decision is if you want the Love/Harem-Route or Natsumi solo, and then later if you reign in Natsumi or let her go of full yandere style. That is all it would take. You already have another game. If you want to finish them anytime soon, don't make yourself more work than necessary.
As someone else that is almost certainly considered obnoxious I can understand your point, I belive there was a misunderstanding of context in the story that caused your initial reply, it is confusing and it appears you have a different problem than mine with the situation, your use of certain words was probably also exagerated for dramatic effect so I was unable to understand you at first because of my very serious style of writing, having said that it is refreshing to see civil discussion that does not degenerate in insults, so I congratulate myself with you, we probably have different tastes in games but we probably also aggree on what a harem is.

P.S. I really need to stop writing walls of text

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
If you do the Natsumi only route you are the Goat and I will buy your game for sure.

My suggestions, from someone who is super interested in solo route:
1) Please let the player select the route early and don't add elements of harem into that route, for example Natsumi masturbating MC into his mother, if someone hits on MC he should deny them, don't let let him consent to anything sexual with any other women.
2) Please make it so that on the harem route MC is the one that wants Harem and not Natsumi, even if she agrees to it on the harem route, so that then this:
The Thing is, she is actively deciding against you. Marriage is not a simple mistake.

>If something happens to her. It's not the MC that gets contacted, but her Spouse.
>If some decisions need to be made in case of a medical emergency. It's not the MC that gets asked, but her Spouse.
>If she gives birth. It's not her Brother with her in the delivery room, but her Spouse.
She is cutting You actively out of a massive proportion of her live. Willingly and Happy. Its simply fucked up to talk about a happy end.
Will make complete sense, since she wasn't enough for him alone, and this will enhance specifically the strength of the solo-route. I am not saying - make her miserable on harem route, maybe she enjoys hooking up with other women as well, just please don't make it her initiative, otherwise on solo route it will feel like we are denying her something she wants.

3) Yandere shouldn't be bad if you are in a monogamous relationship with Natsumi, I personally love Yandere and Yandere can be absolutely fine if you don't give her any reason to be jealous. I really enjoyed her crazy eyes and how she showered the player with ''I love you'', you made Yandere very well so far. Imo only Yandere + Harem could be bad, not if you never cheat on her and love her. Hell you can even make MC into a Yandere too on that route. This is an example of a good Yandere game where MC can be happy with the Yandere: https://f95zone.to/threads/crimson-gray-final-sierra-lee.3739/

Personally I was absolutely fine with this, them overcoming the struggles together, nothing happened at all, I think it only is NTR if something actually happens, I am one of the people that enjoyed that plot. I can say for sure that most people that don't like NTR care only when something actually happens.

Also take it as a complement that people feel so strongly about the plot of your game and are so invested!

Last edited:

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
see i don't even have a problem if Risa is not a virgin she is together with her boyfriend, If dev said they had sex ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If dev said the had not even better (I like virgins, but its by no means requiered)

But to marry a Harem member to someone else is bullshit. Harem members should be cherished, protected, nurtured, and loved. All of that will be legally hindered, by the marriage.

The explanation is bullshit, and the technicalities surrounding it are even more bullshit.

If Natsumi gives Birth to MCs kid no one would bat an eye if he would accompany her into the delivery room. All they need to say is the dad is no longer in the picture and MC is there to support his sis in her time of need. And MC can adopt the kid right out of the gate.

If she is Married everyone and their mother would want to know why the Brother is there because it is frankly non of his business, everybody would jump on them if MC would adopt the kid if that is even possible, I mean the kid has already two loving parents in a stable marriage.

I know the whole shitshow started as NTR Bait (By the way I'm still laughing years later, it is so unbelievably funny). But it would complicate the lives of both of them needlessly. Because beyond the shock value there were no deeper thoughts in that Idea.

3.80 star(s) 6 Votes