Quidev

Nayla's Hand
Game Developer
Dec 31, 2020
This update is actually garbage and needs an immediate hot-fix. In addition to enemies that just constantly fly away and waste your time, they decided to add an enemy, who we'll call "Dickface," that's harder than anything you've ever fought, combined. Yes, I'm not joking. I'd rather fight every single enemy, including the bosses, simultaneously than one of those awfully designed teleporting Dickfaces with a glitchy hitbox and insanely unpredictable, high damage attacks. In two instances, the fucker just took 80% of my health, instantly giving me a game over.

This Dickface will fire three high-damage, difficult-to-avoid attacks at you with non-existent start-up lag, which are capable of decimating your health bar. Then it'll instantly turn itself into an invincible hurt box that can hit you up to three times. You can only take five hits from any of its attacks. But it gets worse. It will literally damage you as it's teleporting around because it telefrags you with its own hurt box. Inexplicably, it can follow you into the air to do this. That's so preposterous, I can barely make sense of it.

I also mentioned a glitchy hitbox earlier; if you try to attack this enemy, the majority of your attacks will miss, and you're going to get a barrage of the three high-damage balls right in your face. No i-frames, sorry, you take damage from all three. What you have to do is get absolutely on-top of this enemy to deal damage. But, they will always break out of your combo and instantly transform into their invincible hurt box, meaning there's a good chance you'll get hit.

This game has been an utter cakewalk up until this point, with zero game overs. Then you go and add a single enemy that's capable of giving me ten back-to-back game overs that I can only just barely beat once with luck and being one hit away from death. Then, with absolutely no checkpoints, you throw another Dickface at me. I have to beat this thing twice in a row! This isn't even mentioning that after every game over, you start from the beginning! Well, what does that look like? You'll have to take a few minutes to kill three waves of enemies and do some platforming to get back to the first Dickface, and then two more large groups of enemies to get back to the second Dickface.

How the fuck does this get past testing? How do you look at this and think it's okay?
Hi there, I understand that the dark angel girl is being a pain in the ass for a lot of people. Others enjoyed to discover an strat to beat her, but it has no sense to put an enemy like that in this game in the first place, because is not my intention to frustrate the player. It's a mistake.

I mean, I'm a solo developer, this is my first game and there is no "they", just me and the game that I want to make and is still under development. I get it, this update was full of bugs and unbalance shit that I'm currently fixing, also the most rushed one because my actual job is consuming almost all my spare time x.x but I didn't want patreons to wait too much. Next update will be live soon, fixing a lot of things and including a boss to that stage. I'll try to test a lot more before landing it though.

I'm sorry dude. Take my hand, "Dickface" wont hurt you that hard in the future.

MadMan691337

Jan 21, 2020
Hi, when I try to open the game all I get is this "MSVCR110.ddl was not found" anyone have the same problem?

(Edit) I tried downloading Visual C++ like the dev said but the setup failed saying I already had it downloaded

Reactions: MinXe

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
To answer your question: easy.
just one dev. There's not enough time totest everything.
Also, this isn't a finished product yet, so all complaints about balance are null and void.
well, saying they are void isn't really right, as it is feedback in a way, but it is true that it should be constructive criticism rather than hurling insults if the intent is to tell the dev things should be done differently

Aug 9, 2019
Hi there, I understand that the dark angel girl is being a pain in the ass for a lot of people. Others enjoyed to discover an strat to beat her, but it has no sense to put an enemy like that in this game in the first place, because is not my intention to frustrate the player. It's a mistake.

I mean, I'm a solo developer, this is my first game and there is no "they", just me and the game that I want to make and is still under development. I get it, this update was full of bugs and unbalance shit that I'm currently fixing, also the most rushed one because my actual job is consuming almost all my spare time x.x but I didn't want patreons to wait too much. Next update will be live soon, fixing a lot of things and including a boss to that stage. I'll try to test a lot more before landing it though.

I'm sorry dude. Take my hand, "Dickface" wont hurt you that hard in the future.
I understand where you come from, but this feels like it wasn't playtested at all. I understand you didn't have time because of your real work, and that one is obviously more important, but remember that people would rather have more polished updates than rushed and frustrating ones. For example, in the very first hell room, the grabby angel will very often get stuck on the first top right corner. While you can still reach them, they're a chore to attack and even then, their attack (during which you can't attack them or you get grabbed) lasts longer than usual - probably because the animation and its hitbox is programmed to last until a certain distance has been covered OR certain time has passed, with the first condition being reached first in the usual patterns.

Furthermore, from a dev to another, please accept these pointers on the combat design of the dark angel:
When it becomes invisible, the hitbox and hurtbox are both still active. This is exceptionally unfair because, while I do understand that you can still hit it if you predict where it's going (and it's how I cheesed it out), you... have to PREDICT where she's going. There's no indication that she's moving (because she doesn't teleport as the animation would suggest, but simply move), and also she can still hit you if you're between origin and destination of her teleport. Without any tell. That's absolutely unacceptable.
The worst thing, though, is the dark energy balls attack. You get NO invulnerability in this game when hit, and while that can be okay, it's unacceptable in this case because the balls drag you forward with them, hitting you constantly and 9/10 times it means you're just dead. If you even manage to mash dodge to get through the one that's dragging you, you go face-first into another one, and die.

Paired with the absence of any checkpoint, this heaven & hell stage is just... hell.

That said, the threesome CGIs are amazing, really enjoyed them!

WeebLoop

Sep 8, 2020
You can save your progress at any time. Hit - survive - save. It's much easier than it looks.

In any case it will be fixed soon
i completed that zone like that. In my case was relatively easy to pass, because you can stop any enemy movement by hitting them with the right timing.
Also it's easy to dodge the Tele-frag by using the Dash and attack the previous position of the enemy (her hit box remains a few seconds after teleporting)
But yes, there were a few times i got irritated after dying cuz yes due to the insane damage of these enemies.

Dec 7, 2017
I send below the missing DLLs for the game, they worked with my Win10.
What an absolute legend, I have to know, how do you manage to pin point the exact ".dll" with their exact versions that were needed for the game to run. Share your knowledge with us master.

Also, can the mods link his comment to the front page, because it's seem to be a running problem with this game.

Dec 7, 2017
(to Pluritechno)

I simply tested them one by one (both the 32-bit and the 64-bit, which I downloaded from a site that provides dll's) until it finally worked.;)
God damn, you brute force it?! I was expecting some tool like "Dependency Walker" because, when a aplication presents those .dll problems, this tool tells you which of them are presenting problems, however, with a problem like this, you can't precise which .dll is missing or needs a different version at least not as precise as with the tool. Thanks for taking the time to fix the problem though. I'm still confused though, there is a shit-ton of .dll in the System32 (and 64 for that matter), how do you pin point which ones were presenting problems if the error message doesn't explicity tells you.

Last edited:

bob666bob666

Jun 25, 2017
ah, I think I forgot to comment, I used the dll's directly in the game folder and not in the windows one (because it could corrupt the system)

TangleBoi

Dec 16, 2019
Holy fuck! someone needs to tell me how to get this to work. The issue im having is the fuckin game wont locate "MSVCR110.dll" even though I installed/reinstalled it many damn times. I even updated my windows. I've been trying to fix this for an hour straight. I just wanna see how hard this boss is damnit!

Edit: I fixed it. I was too blind in my rage to realize that bob666bob666 posted the dll's....
People like him deserve a successful life.

Last edited:

Trit0

Apr 17, 2018
is it possible to move while crouched? I defeated two minibosses and then uses the mirror to go to the next stage but I cannot move forward. It appears i have to move while crouched or something to get through a small tunnel but she alway stands up when moving. Am I supposed to do something else?

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
is it possible to move while crouched? I defeated two minibosses and then uses the mirror to go to the next stage but I cannot move forward. It appears i have to move while crouched or something to get through a small tunnel but she alway stands up when moving. Am I supposed to do something else?
pretty sure you can slide in this game

b00marrows

Aug 15, 2017
I like the game so far, pretty damn good.
Call me 1 cum man because the only gripe i have so far (0.7) is the triple cum loop on every animation. Just make it 1 and done, i like to fuck every living(?) thing i find on a level and the triple cum is a real downer.

Flam3r

Nov 30, 2018
How are people getting pissed about the mini boss, she was easy, if anything it was a challenge to everything else in the game which is just easy as hell, I could speed run it if I wanted to, and I have because it is just that fast to do until Quidev released the new update where I had to slow down and think about what to do, against the boss and yeah she is a pain but it is a good challenge because I had fun trying to figure out her move set and the best way to counter it, I really hope you don't nerf her or if you do, create a separate version of the new update where the boss isn't nerfed, I am aware you don't want to add a way to set the difficulty but I think it would be good if you did.

3.90 star(s) 11 Votes