Litcritic

May 4, 2018
I had a lot of fun with my first playthrough, but I did think it was a bit too easy to stop all NTR in the second half of the game so I'm trying to put together a ruleset that makes it easier to get cucked so there is more challenge. What I have so far is:

1. Not allowed to interrupt daytime or nighttime scenes.
2. Can't use the teleport to boss circle to bypass the dungeons.
3. If we die to a boss, I have to immediately quit the next two dungeon runs to piss off NTR man more.
4. I'm only allowed to exorcise the three haunted wards when Lawrence isn't around.
5. If Kana's clothes are slightly damaged when we get back from the dungeon, I can't go to dinner with her until Lawrence shows up. If her clothes are very damaged, I'm not allowed to go to dinner.
6. If I die in a solo fight, I have to invite Kana for a date and then not show up.
7. I have to try for the true end. No rushing for the normal end.

Do you have any ideas for other rules? I don't want to impose any rules about the RPG combat parts of the game, since the idea behind this ruleset is to make it possible for NTR to happen even if I'm trying to play optimally in the dungeons. I essentially wanted to remove mechanics that can stop the NTR outside of getting gud while assigning more punishments to dungeon failure since they're a little light right now. I thought about an alternate rule 7 where I can't end the game until I have maxed the population in the three wards but that seemed a bit tedious, maybe a rule that I can't end until all the facilities are unlocked? My hope is this ruleset can make it so I can try to fight and do my best, but Kana is going to have at least some events and there should be a real possibility that I will lose before getting the true end.

Chaotics19

Aug 13, 2017
I had a lot of fun with my first playthrough, but I did think it was a bit too easy to stop all NTR in the second half of the game so I'm trying to put together a ruleset that makes it easier to get cucked so there is more challenge. What I have so far is:

3. If we die to a boss, I have to immediately quit the next two dungeon runs to piss off NTR man more.
4. I'm only allowed to exorcise the three haunted wards when Lawrence isn't around.
5. If Kana's clothes are slightly damaged when we get back from the dungeon, I can't go to dinner with her until Lawrence shows up. If her clothes are very damaged, I'm not allowed to go to dinner.
6. If I die in a solo fight, I have to invite Kana for a date and then not show up.

Do you have any ideas for other rules? I don't want to impose any rules about the RPG combat parts of the game, since the idea behind this ruleset is to make it possible for NTR to happen even if I'm trying to play optimally in the dungeons. I essentially wanted to remove mechanics that can stop the NTR outside of getting gud while assigning more punishments to dungeon failure since they're a little light right now. I thought about an alternate rule 7 where I can't end the game until I have maxed the population in the three wards but that seemed a bit tedious, maybe a rule that I can't end until all the facilities are unlocked? My hope is this ruleset can make it so I can try to fight and do my best, but Kana is going to have at least some events and there should be a real possibility that I will lose before getting the true end.
Hm, I think you've pretty much covered most of the NTR aspects, but without any rules on RPG combat I'm not sure what prevents you from clearing every area so Kana could stroll through, or delaying things so that you can get a decent tarot card set-up for her. To clarify, does rule 4 also mean that you can't do daytime exorcisms during the day when Lawrence is away? If so, you should at least revise this to allow for the Mansion if you're going for the true end.

One idea for new rules would either be restricting the use of cameras or the ability to buy parties for Lawrence to go to through the bar. You can technically save for the latter in virgin runs, but I don't think 'getting gud' affects it, though whether you care would be your choice.

Maybe something about the succubus' facility restrictions? I don't think it would actually affect the odds of NTR as opposed to where the NTR happens, though.

Large penis sizes will reduce Kana's submission each time you sleep with her, though you could also consider it a reward for getting far enough to have sex with her as well.

True end requires each main location to be visited twice, so perhaps you shouldn't have dinner with Kana on those days either. Speaking of which, you could also restrict getting Kana admitting the truth scene to just before you actually beat the final boss. Not sure the 2nd affects much, since I don't think it's likely you can access the scene but won't be able to beat the final boss, but still.

Bandage usage.

Reactions: SrAlYsOn

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017

I still haven't gotten an NTR scene in the dungeons yet.
  1. How can I trigger them?
  2. How do I know when they happen?
  3. How can I plan where to place cameras?

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018

Are you intending to do this in a NG+, or in a normal New Game?

If it's the former, you may end up finding out that Rule 1 is nowhere near as relevant as you'd expect, simply because Kana's mixed Arcana cards snowball pretty quickly if you're playing optimally. Especially if you make optimal Strength+Temperance+Hermit mixes, which give you Upright Justice with high Attack and Defense, as well as decent buffs to HP and Mana. It gets even more crazy if you make optimal World+Fool+anything, since that card also doubles Kana's recovery rate making the window for daytime harassment lower even IF she gets her ass kicked regularly.

A bunch of the other MC combat related rules also won't be relevant fast, because MC snowballs really fast in terms of how powerful Spiritual Release gets, because it scales off of both his M.Attack Stat and his Mana. With Optimal Play, it won't be that long before the only dangerous boss is the Church Boss, because you can't one-shot it.

If it's the latter, I recommend cheating in High Res cameras so you can enjoy the daytime events after you finish clearing the way for Kana.

Regardless of which type of playthrough it is, odds are that you'll still end up blocking most of the Day Time events easily, which means that the number of Night Time scenes will be pretty limited. Some scenes simply don't trigger at all unless Kana gets molested during the day. Additionally, from my messing around with the game, Kana's resistance is much higher for all events while she's still a virgin, and drops drastically once she loses her virginity, regardless of who she loses it too. In general, from what I've seen, with JUST night-time events, it can easily take up to 600 submission for Kana to lose her virginity to Lawrence.

Either way, you may want to add a rule about cooked lunch boxes. Sharing those is bugged. In the sense that if you share them with Kana, they don't disappear from the inventory. The game doesn't let you re-use them, but, if you make another one, of a different type, it seems to stack with the first one. This can snowball into giving Kana something like 40+ affection per lunch-box shared. With a good cooking skill, this makes jumping from 600 to 800+ affection utterly trivial.

You may also want to revise Rule 1 if Kana reaches 800 submission. Why? Because at 800 submission, she starts doing group sex events on her own, regardless of whether L is present or not. Only one can happen per night, and they can't be interrupted no matter what... and if you're unlucky, they can happen over and over, rapidly snowballing her Submission stat into the NTR ending. If Lawrence also acts during this time, game over can happen in a matter of days. Two weeks tops from what I've seen, unless game event RNG goes completely wild and makes Kana not do it for days on end.

Aaaaaaaaaall that said, I do agree that it's trivially easy to cock-block L and keep Kana safe. Even on the first playthrough, where I intentionally aimed for the True Ending, she got through with relatively minimal molestation and L didn't get to fuck her even once. From NG+ forward, I basically had to play L's wingman if he is to have a chance at all. Especially since you can make Kana invincible with stuff like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How busted are such cards? Well, let's put it this way... Kana's Attack and Defense cap out at 999. No idea what the cap is on HP and MP, didn't bother messing around to fight out. However, with Attack and Defense at 999, I was able to let Kana loose in a lvl 330 Mansion with the most time-consuming and difficult route possible for that location, taking her through every Red Mob possible for her side and without exorcising ANYTHING... and she made it to the boss by 12-something on her own without a scratch on her.

I have absolutely NO idea if it's possible for that Kana to be defeated. I got bored trying at around 350 difficulty...

That said, it's WEIRD... because Kana's scaling in normal combat is, tbh, rather pathetic. Auto-combat enemies are clearly tracked very differently from actual combat, because if Kana was facing the same kind of enemies, she'd definitely get her ass kicked at least somewhat, simply because her damage even on her most damaging skill seems to cap at ~4500 or so... while enemies at 300+ difficulty can come in at 12k+ HP... though it might not matter if 999 Def makes her immune to damage, I guess....

Chaotics19

Aug 13, 2017
That said, it's WEIRD... because Kana's scaling in normal combat is, tbh, rather pathetic. Auto-combat enemies are clearly tracked very differently from actual combat, because if Kana was facing the same kind of enemies, she'd definitely get her ass kicked at least somewhat, simply because her damage even on her most damaging skill seems to cap at ~4500 or so... while enemies at 300+ difficulty can come in at 12k+ HP... though it might not matter if 999 Def makes her immune to damage, I guess....
To be fair, I kind of got the sense that Kana wasn't actually intended to be someone that you could actually make into a powerhouse, partly because you're likely to drown in catalysts while I think you get one card each trip (add on that you need 3 cards to fuse a single upright one), and also the fact that beating up monsters for her is a thing that you have to do starting out if you don't want to drag her by teleport. This is mostly odd because the narrative never seemed to sell me that Tsukasa was supposed to be stronger than Kana, even as just an exorcist. That said, it's probably because the game is running stat checks rather than actually simulating the battle in any case, allowing her to keep up even if her skill scalings don't actually allow for that.
I still haven't gotten an NTR scene in the dungeons yet.
  1. How can I trigger them?
  2. How do I know when they happen?
  3. How can I plan where to place cameras?
Dungeon NTR scenes have a chance to trigger when Kana is resting, which only happens when she is injured enough. Facing high-level areas by dragging Kana without improving her cards would help. There isn't an easy way to know exactly when they happen when not on easy mode, but I find that the first red heartbeat of extended period tends to be her getting injured, with the one following after that likely to be NTR.

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017
Dungeon NTR scenes have a chance to trigger when Kana is resting, which only happens when she is injured enough. Facing high-level areas by dragging Kana without improving her cards would help. There isn't an easy way to know exactly when they happen when not on easy mode, but I find that the first red heartbeat of extended period tends to be her getting injured, with the one following after that likely to be NTR.
I play on easy mode cuz I don't fully understand the combat and general objectives, and I just want to see the NTR scenes. So Kana doesn't die in a dungeon? Can she be too injured to join you in a boss fight?

KSEN2006

Apr 20, 2021
" Nebel Geisterjäger " and " Nebel Geisterjäger ~ The First Lamp "
What's the difference?

KSEN2006

Apr 20, 2021
1. Ask for a way to pass each level. a bit stuck for a long time
2. Can I have a guide to play? Got upset and didn't pass.

semper_solus

Jul 23, 2018

OMG hahaha I didn't know I wasn't the only one who did this kinda stuff for this game.

On my first playthrough, I got the true ending, and every subsequent playthrough from there was just trying to get the different endings, but without being lazy, so I imposed similar type rules.

Like, if I could add even just 1 minute to every time change that happens in town at night, that would make me feel like theres more of a threat... Like the ONLY ways I can't make it to Kana when she calls at X:15 is either if shes in the Park, or Gunpla shop, and Im in the hallway of her hotel room, OR Im in the Gunpla/Store and she's at the movies/onsen.

This game is just so easy to avoid NTR once you understand the mechanics. (and thats not a bad thing if thats not peoples jam. It was the same for BBQs previous game too)

ZeroZmm

Sep 30, 2018
So I'm playing it on a Chromebook with joiplay. Anyone know how to stop the game screen from scrolling when I use the arrow keys? It's making it really annoying and having to use the mouse to move around, which isn't as reliable.

polopp

Dec 24, 2020
i wish you could change the skin of lawrence in the game, making him like a real BBQ lover xD

JagOvv

Oct 17, 2017

What are the differences between Kana's slightly damaged clothes after a dungeon run, and very damaged?

Netan3

Oct 16, 2019
I liked this game a lot but I would have liked it to deepen some game mechanics and facilitate some others, such as Lawrence's level increasing as you lost battles and thus increase the probability of leading to an ntr scene and at the same time time to give Lawrence "special" abilities to corrupt Kana more easily, I would also have liked them to add an item that would allow you to see the video recordings in your room at the end of the day and that would indicate which room in the dungeon and where what specific time did a scene occur ntr and you can see it, I would also have liked that if Kana is too weak compared to Lawrence she could be "forced" to commit acts ntr... anyway I think that with a mod or extra content this game can become one of the best i have ever played

Reactions: S3vatari0n

Litcritic

May 4, 2018
Hm, I think you've pretty much covered most of the NTR aspects, but without any rules on RPG combat I'm not sure what prevents you from clearing every area so Kana could stroll through, or delaying things so that you can get a decent tarot card set-up for her. To clarify, does rule 4 also mean that you can't do daytime exorcisms during the day when Lawrence is away? If so, you should at least revise this to allow for the Mansion if you're going for the true end.

One idea for new rules would either be restricting the use of cameras or the ability to buy parties for Lawrence to go to through the bar. You can technically save for the latter in virgin runs, but I don't think 'getting gud' affects it, though whether you care would be your choice.

Maybe something about the succubus' facility restrictions? I don't think it would actually affect the odds of NTR as opposed to where the NTR happens, though.

Large penis sizes will reduce Kana's submission each time you sleep with her, though you could also consider it a reward for getting far enough to have sex with her as well.

True end requires each main location to be visited twice, so perhaps you shouldn't have dinner with Kana on those days either. Speaking of which, you could also restrict getting Kana admitting the truth scene to just before you actually beat the final boss. Not sure the 2nd affects much, since I don't think it's likely you can access the scene but won't be able to beat the final boss, but still.

Bandage usage.
Thanks for the response, honestly didn't expect anyone to get back to me so fast. For rule 4 my intention was twofold. One part was that i didnt want to drag Kana out all night and avoid chances for events on nights when he is around. I also wanted to lock myself out of daytime exorcism at all while he is away to avoid me grinding, but thats a good point about needing to go to the mansion. I guess I had figured I can go to the mansion after I've done all the hide and seek and gotten kana's affection to 800, but i never wrote that down anywhere. I think that's a reasonable point to go there, with the stipulation that I'm still not allowed to grind once I do get there. I'm also wondering if not doing more night exorcism is a bad idea, since it means that kana and I wont get the stat penalties from being tired. I'm torn, do you think an alternating schedule of night exorcism and day off would be better, such that we never really get to rest and are always stacking penalties? or is that too punishing?

I had intended to take the smallest penis size, I'm female and I personally approach this from a cuckquean perspective, so while this game can't deliver on the idea of a man stealing my GF with something I expressly can't offer at least with the small penis size the quality difference between what the MC and Lawrence can offer is adjacent to that feeling. Part of me is really hoping that if they make a sequel, it's where we play as Kana while she is being cucked by some cute, young, athletic upstart who gets added to their squad because she's someone important's daughter or something. But I'm not too hopeful, I know something like that wont really happen.

Forcing a dinner skip on days when I am playing hide and seek does add difficulty, but in my first playthrough one of the exciting moments was trying to find the ghost and make it back for dinnertime. A few times I had to interrupt Lawrence because I was late, and once I missed dinner entirely because I got greedy. I think for me a more fun rule would be that I can still try to return on time, but if I fail to make it back before Lawrence shows up I have to let them spend dinner together. If I find that too easy though, then I'll switch to skipping dinner on those nights.

Are you intending to do this in a NG+, or in a normal New Game?

If it's the former, you may end up finding out that Rule 1 is nowhere near as relevant as you'd expect, simply because Kana's mixed Arcana cards snowball pretty quickly if you're playing optimally. Especially if you make optimal Strength+Temperance+Hermit mixes, which give you Upright Justice with high Attack and Defense, as well as decent buffs to HP and Mana. It gets even more crazy if you make optimal World+Fool+anything, since that card also doubles Kana's recovery rate making the window for daytime harassment lower even IF she gets her ass kicked regularly.

A bunch of the other MC combat related rules also won't be relevant fast, because MC snowballs really fast in terms of how powerful Spiritual Release gets, because it scales off of both his M.Attack Stat and his Mana. With Optimal Play, it won't be that long before the only dangerous boss is the Church Boss, because you can't one-shot it.

If it's the latter, I recommend cheating in High Res cameras so you can enjoy the daytime events after you finish clearing the way for Kana.

Regardless of which type of playthrough it is, odds are that you'll still end up blocking most of the Day Time events easily, which means that the number of Night Time scenes will be pretty limited. Some scenes simply don't trigger at all unless Kana gets molested during the day. Additionally, from my messing around with the game, Kana's resistance is much higher for all events while she's still a virgin, and drops drastically once she loses her virginity, regardless of who she loses it too. In general, from what I've seen, with JUST night-time events, it can easily take up to 600 submission for Kana to lose her virginity to Lawrence.

Either way, you may want to add a rule about cooked lunch boxes. Sharing those is bugged. In the sense that if you share them with Kana, they don't disappear from the inventory. The game doesn't let you re-use them, but, if you make another one, of a different type, it seems to stack with the first one. This can snowball into giving Kana something like 40+ affection per lunch-box shared. With a good cooking skill, this makes jumping from 600 to 800+ affection utterly trivial.

You may also want to revise Rule 1 if Kana reaches 800 submission. Why? Because at 800 submission, she starts doing group sex events on her own, regardless of whether L is present or not. Only one can happen per night, and they can't be interrupted no matter what... and if you're unlucky, they can happen over and over, rapidly snowballing her Submission stat into the NTR ending. If Lawrence also acts during this time, game over can happen in a matter of days. Two weeks tops from what I've seen, unless game event RNG goes completely wild and makes Kana not do it for days on end.

Aaaaaaaaaall that said, I do agree that it's trivially easy to cock-block L and keep Kana safe. Even on the first playthrough, where I intentionally aimed for the True Ending, she got through with relatively minimal molestation and L didn't get to fuck her even once. From NG+ forward, I basically had to play L's wingman if he is to have a chance at all. Especially since you can make Kana invincible with stuff like...
My intention was to start a fresh game, and I read if you take the high quality camera at gamestart you can buy more from the shop, though in my first playthrough I took a different gift so I haven't verified that yet. Even if I can't buy more, I had enough high quality cameras to cover most of the resting rooms at least so I think it will be ok. I had noticed my lunches weren't getting removed when I shared them with her so its good to know they're stacking too hard. I'll be sure to not abuse that.

For combat difficulty everything is still kinda unformed in my head, but my hope was by avoiding grinding and maximizing punushments for failure I could keep myself on a difficulty curve that is challenging but surmountable. I may find that isnt actually possible, which would be a shame, but if things get too easy again even with all my rules I may just shift into full NTR mode and try to convince Kana she's better off with someone else, just so I can watch some more scenes in context and not just in the recollection room.

Regarding 800 submission, that's actually the kind of problem I want to potentially happen. Knowing that I'm on a timer adds to the sense of dread/excitement that this kind of corruption/cheating story on evokes. Knowing that there's a point where I can still pull her back from the edge but she starts moving toward that edge of her own volition? Super hot, definitely want that on the table.

OMG hahaha I didn't know I wasn't the only one who did this kinda stuff for this game.

On my first playthrough, I got the true ending, and every subsequent playthrough from there was just trying to get the different endings, but without being lazy, so I imposed similar type rules.

Like, if I could add even just 1 minute to every time change that happens in town at night, that would make me feel like theres more of a threat... Like the ONLY ways I can't make it to Kana when she calls at X:15 is either if shes in the Park, or Gunpla shop, and Im in the hallway of her hotel room, OR Im in the Gunpla/Store and she's at the movies/onsen.

This game is just so easy to avoid NTR once you understand the mechanics. (and thats not a bad thing if thats not peoples jam. It was the same for BBQs previous game too)
You definitely aren't alone! I totally understand why they designed the game this way, and it's so close to hitting the mark for me. The game probably works for people who want to avoid getting NTRd as a challenge, and it also seems to have a decent amount of netorase content where if you headcannon that Tsu wants her to sleep with Lawrence, of course he would push them together. But for weirdos like me who want their partner to be corrupted and cheat on them secretly while I'm trying and failing to stop it? There's less there. It would have been even hotter if kana and Lawrence's indiscretions left behind traces for you to find, especially for the nighttime scenes. Used condoms in the wastebasket of her room, you noticing kana doesn't have panties on and then seeing Lawrence has a pair hanging from his coatpocket, kana smelling like him or vice versa, etc.

Iexist

Jul 20, 2018
I read the bit about Spy cameras too, but I haven't tried it myself tbh. That said, you'll still have issues covering all possible relevant areas for a simple reason... The Hospital and the Church allow molestation events to happen in corridors and normal rooms respectively. I'm not sure if it's ALL corridors/rooms, but I know that it's more than just the rest rooms. For the Hospital, it's because if Kana starts on the top floor rather than the basement, she runs right into a hard room and can instantly get her ass kicked and become unable to reach a rest room. Church is similar, though mainly because of the darkness+torch mechanic, which makes everything tedious.

Also, from what I've seen, Kana has a tendency to not back-track through rooms she already cleared unless she gets her ass kicked. Which makes the church in particular EXTREMELY annoying to manage until you beat the boss enough times to just make one single path for her.

That said, it's pretty easy to make safe routes for her in the Mansion and the Church. The Hospital is the only difficult one, even accounting for the fact that she always goes for the floor that the MC isn't going to.

As for combat difficulty, things will be a lot harder on a basic playthrough with no NG+, since while the MC snowballs hard eventually, it takes a while and depends on RNG. If you don't get good ice+fire drops, the game gets a LOT harder... The other catalyst combinations are just not that great... Same with Kana and the cards. She can get 1-3 per run, depending on the location and route, and if the boss is beaten or not. However, there's no guarantee you'll get good ones with good stats, much less that they'll be ones that allow for the stronger buff combos. Cards that are Mana heavy exist and they're pretty terrible if not outright useless.

The big things you'll have to worry about is Night Time exorcisms when the boss shows up and the level 5 status unlock. For the former, the boss is fairly manageable even with mediocre combos in the first location, but from the second location up, if you don't have enough stats and stuff, you'll get your ass kicked even with high exorcism values. Especially in the 3rd location. Even with 100% exorcism, the boss in the lvl 30 location puts up something like a 600-700 HP shield as her first move and if you don't get lucky with Kana taunting and stunning on the first turn, things can get ugly fast. Level 5 status screen is it's own pain. I got it on my first run at... around level 25, I think? I don't remember... but I had a pretty good Ice+fire combo and I likely got lucky too that the succubus didn't just open with that one skill that does tons of damage.

Point is, if MC is too weak, you'll have a hard time opening up new locations, as well as status 4 and 5, and I'd say both of those things make the whole NTR aspect better. The former because more scenes, obviously. The latter because it lets you track more details on what's been happening to Kana out of sight. So it's going to be a pretty tricky balancing act

Reactions: Norien55
3.40 star(s) 42 Votes