Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
hello, my game gets an error where it says could not find label 'ev_ash20'.
why tho?
Because you changed the variable "bs" to 20, if you don't fool around with variables that won't happen.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
For a 2 month update, it ain't small at all, it's almost impossible to get bigger updates out in such a small time frame, even if I was working on this game alone. All the scenes and image quality, take a lot of time to refine.
A single animation can potentially take a entire day. Also production of images is around 10 per day, not counting the ones where just expression changes.
That depends, everyone have different work speed, also you are also doing another game, but here i have seen developers doing 500 renders monthly and that being a single developer, on the other side of the coin there is also the ones that is 6 months with nothing. Like i said, don't get me wrong, what you are doing is good, but with a site with a lot of developers, games, is hard to not compare.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
That depends, everyone have different work speed, also you are also doing another game, but here i have seen developers doing 500 renders monthly and that being a single developer, on the other side of the coin there is also the ones that is 6 months with nothing. Like i said, don't get me wrong, what you are doing is good, but with a site with a lot of developers, games, is hard to not compare.
Yeah, but it's also ridiculous for anyone to complain about it anyway, there are indeed a lot of games around, but almost none have as close as good animations as mine have, making good animations takes at least half of the time away.
Also, I have a full time artist and an animator working on Radiant now, that's the reason this update took 2 months instead of 3 or 4. So if now anyone complains, that I'm not giving this game full attention, it rather sounds like a joke to me.
On the other side, I'm not surprised, that "fans" only frequent this website, instead of checking discord announcements and other places for info. Since I've been training some of these artists for a year now.
Now that they are officially working under me, I'm putting most of my hours into this game.
And with the extra free time I got thanks to these employments, I rather chill and play some games now or make music.

Xavim

Jul 2, 2017
? All I did was download updated, installed and when I try to continue where I left, I get that error, previous update was working fine and everything .
I've had the same issues when I have updated the game and used a save file from the last version. Was told in the Discord that f95zone is not an official place to download the game and is more or less not their problem. In the end I just went with creating a new save since they did not want to support or troubleshoot the issue.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I don´t mean to disrespect you by all means! I wish i could do that kind of work nearly as good as you and i love your render, animations and writing!!!

But still, please let us tell you that we love this game and your work BUT it is really hard for us "players" too. Playing this and waiting for it to continue and then the updates after some months are only about 15 minutes gameplay. This time also the story felt a little short. I really appreciate your work and am thankful for the opportunity to play your work.
Saying that the update took less than 30 minutes to play through, might surelly be a understatement, I test the gameplay myself every update. When I see people mention playtimes like 10 or 15 minutes, my thoughts always go instantly, damn those ctrl skippers and their complains... They should start reading the text instead.
Also, the game while open sandbox and harem, there is still branching, so certain events like Corynn and others, can get cut shorter because you picked wrong choices in the past. For example if Corynn didn't gave you a blowjob on the previous event, you won't get the part of the next event.

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I've had the same issues when I have updated the game and used a save file from the last version. Was told in the Discord that f95zone is not an official place to download the game and is more or less not their problem. In the end I just went with creating a new save since they did not want to support or troubleshoot the issue.
F95 uploads any version they find available, so it's possibly not from the official source but from a different android porter. Which would mean the saves between them don't work.

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
Saying that the update took less than 30 minutes to play through, might surelly be a understatement, I test the gameplay myself every update. When I see people mention playtimes like 10 or 15 minutes, my thoughts always go instantly, damn those ctrl skippers and their complains... They should start reading the text instead.
Also, the game while open sandbox and harem, there is still branching, so certain events like Corynn and others, can get cut shorter because you picked wrong choices in the past. For example if Corynn didn't gave you a blowjob on the previous event, you won't get the part of the next event.
Where is 30 minutes to read that all?
I don´t skip the story but i read it. The most text of the new events are 3 minutes to read, the longest story text is with the girl at the beach at evening. So 5 minutes this + 3 the others = 8 + 5-10 minutes (this update) to click everywhere to look if i didn´t miss anything and enjoy the animations.

When do i know if i missed a scene? There isn´t anything that tell me if... I just go to the hints and look out if there is more content. Sometimes i get something without the hints but that can be some events which repeats.

But who am i to complain? It is you who gets over 4000$ / month for this amount of content. ;-)

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I can only say i downloaded at itchi.io also for free v.14 and it works...i just saw today that it was released here too..

Reactions: jaw1986baby

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Where is 30 minutes to read that all?
I don´t skip the story but i read it. The most text of the new events are 3 minutes to read, the longest story text is with the girl at the beach at evening. So 5 minutes this + 3 the others = 8 + 5-10 minutes (this update) to click everywhere to look if i didn´t miss anything and enjoy the animations.

When do i know if i missed a scene? There isn´t anything that tell me if... I just go to the hints and look out if there is more content. Sometimes i get something without the hints but that can be some events which repeats.

But who am i to complain? It is you who gets over 4000$ / month for this amount of content. ;-)
I don't get that amount per month only for the game, my patreon is a mixed supporter page.
For example, HydraFXX and GreatM8 have a huge number of supporters, more than me actually and they basically only make animations. They don't even have any game.

WigglyWorld84

Aug 14, 2021
On the other side, I'm not surprised, that "fans" only frequent this website, instead of checking discord announcements and other places for info.
Is that a shot? because personally, fuck discord. No thanks. I will get my updates from here or Itch or your SS (the times when i have subbed to you).

I LOVE this game. It might be my favorite on this site. Take all the time you need... as long as you DO FINISH THIS!

I once read you say this game, "was your heart." I always liked that take.

Thank you!

Alorth

The Creator
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Is that a shot? because personally, fuck discord. No thanks. I will get my updates from here or Itch or your SS (the times when i have subbed to you).

I LOVE this game. It might be my favorite on this site. Take all the time you need... as long as you DO FINISH THIS!

I once read you say this game, "was your heart." I always liked that take.

Thank you!
Yes, I intend to finish the game and it is indeed where I put all my love into.

FilthyWeaboo

Sep 11, 2021
It really isn't an exaggeration, I don't skip text and I finished the new content in around 10 minutes. I like the game, but the tiny updates explain pretty well why this game is 3 years old and still only version 0.14. It's why I've never directly supported it.

H_NGM_N666

Nov 25, 2020
Like i said, i don´t want to disrespect. And here comes the BUT again. I pletched once an amount of money and i don´t care how many games or people are beeing paid with the over 4000 bucks. And that´s why i pletched it only once because the amount what we get for OUR money was simply much too low. With that money you can settle down and do your game full time AND buy you an high end pc or what ever your heart desires. WTF, buy 4 Screens and do multitasking. And to be honest, the amount of renders and animations in this update (look at the changelog)? Where are they? I will stop now and tell again that i love this game - the work on it - the opportunity to play it.

Dmaster1234

Mar 18, 2018
I was wondering I see in the changelog that there is now the option for Ash to be expecting and aside from the one time event I was wondering if there was any repeatable way to go about triggering it.

Reactions: cully

BigRed81Yup

Dec 5, 2020
Like i said, i don´t want to disrespect. And here comes the BUT again. I pletched once an amount of money and i don´t care how many games or people are beeing paid with the over 4000 bucks. And that´s why i pletched it only once because the amount what we get for OUR money was simply much too low. With that money you can settle down and do your game full time AND buy you an high end pc or what ever your heart desires. WTF, buy 4 Screens and do multitasking. And to be honest, the amount of renders and animations in this update (look at the changelog)? Where are they? I will stop now and tell again that i love this game - the work on it - the opportunity to play it.
I'm not positive where Alorth is based, but believe me when i tell you, $4k a month isn't anywhere near the monthly Patreon revenue a dev would feel comfortable going full time in the US. That's $48k per year, before taxes and Patreon cut, which probably knocks it down to $30k. Median income is like $70k per year. Average rent is $1500/month. Add in everything else necessary to live, not to mention the actual project expenses, and dude would probably break even and have almost no security. It's very hard for part time devs to break into the full-time side because of how expensive it is just to live.

zetta216

Oct 4, 2018
This is quite possibly my favorite update to date. Lily is just my favorite and we got to have a TON of fun with her this update. Everything from the writing to the animations was just perfect. Thank you Alorth for continuing to make this amazing game!

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes