Jul 6, 2021
"Under normal circumstances, the title here would be "a release" at this time, but I have bad news, even though I said it would be this month... "
as expected

Adryan0xxx

Apr 12, 2020
It was the year 2058. The oceans and humanity had long since disappeared and great deserts of sand and rock covered the planet. Some life still existed... all was not lost. In that very year, in that very world... evolution took its course. Something changed. Something moved. A breath... a noise. Something. Yes! All was not lost, after all. It was the year 2058 and when no one would have expected it... "Neko paradise 19" was released

JakeTapper

May 17, 2020
tbh, when a patreon dev says 'health issues' to justify a delay they're usually lying. it's actually pretty wild how often this excuse gets used in h game development to the point it's obvious what's going on (and if you point it out you're just so cruel for ever questioning it lmao)

also this was written back in april lol 1717523599836.png

anyway don't really care since these kind of delays after 'without fail' timelines have been announced seem to be pretty standard practice depending on who the dev is and this is one of those devs.

either way looking forward to the update whenever it releases

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
The work, when he gets to it, is good. Better than most. That said, I have an animation and 3D modeling backround. Alorth is doing a few animated scenes, and lots of posing. He already has his light values figured out and backgrounds made for the most part. This is all stuff that once you made it (invested) all future work in those same areas should take far less time and effort. Maybe a few tweaks in lighting for example.

What he produces in 6 months, someone working in gamedev would be expected to produce in 1. Plus, gamedev requires this stuff working in real time and there are a lot less "cheats" and shortcuts you can do. These are renders that Alorth is making. He can use all the cheats and shortcuts.

I really feel like Alorth has a mental health issue, at large. Like ADHD inattentive type. Probably gets a burst of productivity every 2 or 3 months and most of the work gets done then. He sits on release content for weeks because he probably feels guilt in his heart, and needs to convince himself he has done enough, and does so by doing a little bit more before releasing the stockpile and the last thing he did. All armchair, but it's from the perspective of someone who has these issues (me) and used to work middling gamedev.

4.00 star(s) 86 Votes