Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
I don't really know what you're talking about if you go to the dev's patreon he has posted a progress update basically every month. You can always go to the dev's discord and ask questions, it's not hard to find him. The same thing with Radiant if you go to the devs' patreon they posted progress updates every month, and again you can also go to that game's discord if you have any questions. The idea that the devs stay silent for months and people don't know what is going on with the game progress is just not true.
How is every month good enough? Every week AT LEAST is acceptable, preferably every day.. Like Luxee. He update exactly which tasks are done, which one are left, how much of them is done, how many scenes are done etc etc. It's very easy to track progress there and he usually update every week. Or like Darkcookie. The game is shit, but it has 26k patrons and is very transparent what the progress look like.
I mean, like radiant, there is NO way to tell if the update will take 3 months or longer and it ended up taking 7 months, eventhough they said they are like 98% done for months, those are lies, not a progress update.
Like.. Don't get me wrong, I like this game and radiant, but it's far to little transparancy for me to stay as a patron.

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
How is every month good enough? Every week AT least is acceptable. Like Luxee. He update exactly which tasks are done, which one are left, how much of them is done, how many scenes are done etc etc. It's very easy to track progress there and he usually update every week.
I mean, like radiant, there is NO way to tell if the update will take 3 months or longer and it ended up taking 7 months, eventhough they said they are like 98% done for months, those are lies, not a progress update.
Like.. Don't get me wrong, I like this game and radiant, but it's far to little transparancy for me to stay as a patron.

The other problem is that unless you are an active supporter on Patreon, You can actually see very little of the posts on his Patreon Page. Not sure aout discord, since I never found it (at least as of yet. :) )

Elinan

Jul 28, 2018
The other problem is that unless you are an active supporter on Patreon, You can actually see very little of the posts on his Patreon Page. Not sure aout discord, since I never found it (at least as of yet. :) )
Well, that's not really a problem, most successfull games post their progress to the public and those who don't, well then there are nice people who share the posts.
I'd love to subscribe to this game and radiant. but there is nothing that justify it as of now.
If the updates are more frequent and transparent I will jump on the boat again.

May 26, 2018
Well, that's not really a problem, most successfull games post their progress to the public and those who don't, well then there are nice people who share the posts.
I'd love to subscribe to this game and radiant. but there is nothing that justify it as of now.
If the updates are more frequent and transparent I will jump on the boat again.
I would also be more inclined to support on Patreon if the updates and progress were more frequent and transparent

Reactions: Elinan

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
This is the last thing I will say about this, I think none of you would actually support the project and you're just trying to find excuses to complain. I don't even know how to respond to the 98% thing without being rude. You guys think all tasks take the same amount of time to finish? I'll just ignore both of you, I just don't have any patience left to deal with the constant whining in this forum.

May 26, 2018
This is the last thing I will say about this, I think none of you would actually support the project and you're just trying to find excuses to complain. I don't even know how to respond to the 98% thing without being rude. You guys think all tasks take the same amount of time to finish? I'll just ignore both of you, I just don't have any patience left to deal with the constant whining in this forum.

So, you are a mind-reader who knows what others are thinking or might do? Wow, I "Bow" before your gifts. :)

Actually, We gave an opinion, not necessarily a complaint. Or at least I did. My OPINION is that the developer, in working on 4 different games at the same time, is hurting himself by excessive delays in updates, since he has to divide his time between 4 games rather than focusing on one game at a time and finishing them in a more reasonable time. Again, That is an opinion. I DO support developers who consistently and regularly update their games, even if the updates are around every 2 to 3 months. Case in Point, I support Killer7 and his My New Family, I support Midlife Crisis, Harem Hotel, Waifu Academy, just to name a few. So I do not mind supporting developers. I USED to support Ecchi Sensei until the game got to the point that it will - from all appearences - never be finished, and it takes about 6 months or more for an update. I once supported A Family Venture until it got to the point of too many bugs and ridiculous amount of grinding just to advance from a kiss to french kissing, or from a hand job to a blow job (and those very rare). So please, with respect to you and your vast experience on here, do not presume to think you know what I would or would not do, since you have no idea who I am.

Reactions: AJBit

Cathynka

Apr 20, 2019
So, you are a mind-reader who knows what others are thinking or might do? Wow, I "Bow" before your gifts. :)

Actually, We gave an opinion, not necessarily a complaint. Or at least I did. My OPINION is that the developer, in working on 4 different games at the same time, is hurting himself by excessive delays in updates, since he has to divide his time between 4 games rather than focusing on one game at a time and finishing them in a more reasonable time. Again, That is an opinion. I DO support developers who consistently and regularly update their games, even if the updates are around every 2 to 3 months. Case in Point, I support Killer7 and his My New Family, I support Midlife Crisis, Harem Hotel, Waifu Academy, just to name a few. So I do not mind supporting developers. I USED to support Ecchi Sensei until the game got to the point that it will - from all appearences - never be finished, and it takes about 6 months or more for an update. I once supported A Family Venture until it got to the point of too many bugs and ridiculous amount of grinding just to advance from a kiss to french kissing, or from a hand job to a blow job (and those very rare). So please, with respect to you and your vast experience on here, do not presume to think you know what I would or would not do, since you have no idea who I am.
Would you mind taking this discussion to a general discussion thread thats golden. :KEK:

Nandanox

Apr 7, 2018
I have not tried Tale of Eros, but i love Neko Paradise, i also love Polarity.
so when they together started with Radiant i assumed it would be great, and it has so far.

Also Alorth has done a lot of work iirc for/with Perverteer with "Tales from the unending void".

and sometimes waiting for a good thing makes it better imo.
(sure i may need to replay the entire game because i forgot what was going on when i played it last xD)

Sure i would be happier with more frequent updates,
but there are so many games to play that i have time to wait :D

I'm not currently supporting Sir Damned nor Alorth, but i am supporting a bunch of developers.

Runey, Perverteer, Glaceroce, Killer7, MrDots and Jikei, to mention a few more known ones.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I enjoy this vn but it blatantly makes me aware that weird al Yankovic has tainted my life. I see the title and start singing "spent most my life living in an neko's paradise". I'm a mess

• Haha
Reactions: SupaBee
4.00 star(s) 86 Votes