Other than lewd content, a big focus for the next update should be…

• Simplifying choices

Votes: 388 25.2%
  • Filling out existing turns with content

Votes: 657 42.6%
  • Further improve walkthrough

Votes: 388 25.2%
  • Cleaning up renders and grammar

Votes: 109 7.1%

• Total voters

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
You need to iron out all these bugs before adding more content. Your game is a mess right now and it doesn't matter if I turn vanilla mode off or start a new game or reinstall with clean files. Which sucks because there's a decent game here but I and a lot of others just can't experience it with all of these bugs.
This kind of feedback is worthless to anybody beyond yourself with zero reference on the supposed bugs you took the time to make a post about.

You went that far...go the 1 extra effort inch and include some actual details. Especially with the dev 2 posts up for yours politely asking for some :)

Prosper

Jun 25, 2020
This kind of feedback is worthless to anybody beyond yourself with zero reference on the supposed bugs you took the time to make a post about.

You went that far...go the 1 extra effort inch and include some actual details. Especially with the dev 2 posts up for yours politely asking for some :)
I don't need to cite specific bugs since the game is so buggy you'll encounter one at every turn hence why i suggested he focus on fixing all of these bugs instead of adding new content.

god462

Nov 26, 2021
Hi bdsm1011,

Please see the version roadmap below so you know when to expect your favorite characters to have scenes.

Could you click “rollback” and then click the “bug report” button in the bottom right? The fact this crashes beginning Turn 5 suggests a bug in the rumor system.
A suggestion I have would be to include either in the walkthrough or within the dialogue options how to get onto the NTR/Voyeur path. Straight NTR path seems pretty self-explanatory so far, just get every girl's nemesis score to less than 0. Instructions included in the current walkthrough for unlocking scenes are the exact same for NTR and NTR/Voyeur. Some clarification for how to get on the voyeur path would be nice. Keep up the good work!

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Hi Snusen, could you please describe where and when you think the bugs appeared? This way I can fix the problem so that other players don’t experience the same thing.
As an example, I had the game crash shortly into the party introduction, the log cited an infinite loop:
1723165287209.png
As best as I can tell, jasmine_dream has no incrementor/exit condition satisfied:
1723165337886.png

Venoma

Nov 30, 2018
I don't need to cite specific bugs since the game is so buggy you'll encounter one at every turn hence why i suggested he focus on fixing all of these bugs instead of adding new content.
So no extra 1 inch effort. Gotcha.

Luckily for everybody else the guying posting above me isn't like you.

Reactions: abirvg

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
As an example, I had the game crash shortly into the party introduction, the log cited an infinite loop:
View attachment 3912406
As best as I can tell, jasmine_dream has no incrementor/exit condition satisfied:
View attachment 3912408
Apart from that, the image jasmineride animated definition shouldn't even be inside a loop or a label for that matter. Looking through the code of this game honestly gives me a headache. :HideThePain:

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
NemesisGames

Also - more of a suggestion than a bugfix, Ziggy should recite the full [rumor_statement] when asked, not just the [rumor_description]. As it is now, there's no way of knowing before the end of the turn who you stand to lose or gain points with.

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
Apart from that, the image jasmineride animated definition shouldn't even be inside a loop or a label for that matter. Looking through the code of this game honestly gives me a headache. :HideThePain:
Well, I appreciate the sacrifice of giving yourself a migraine, because that may sounds like the source of the infinite loop error that has plagued me for months! It seems obvious now, but I could never figure it out since I couldn’t replicate any of the animations issues on my own computer.

That said I still plan to convert the Ren’py animations to .webm for more stability and much smaller file size.

As best as I can tell, jasmine_dream has no incrementor/exit condition satisfied
The button screen provides an exit when players click it, when then ends the animation after it jumps. Until then, it loops continuously via a unfulfilled while statement - which was a mistake leftover from my early, early days of learning Ren’py/Python code.

As for everybody’s comments on the widespread bugs, I’ll just say this: this game was built layer by layer on a foundation of my own ignorance of coding.

I’ve learned a ton of lessons since then, but the foundation remains.

It is difficult to change this flawed foundation without a significant time investment.

That said, this investment will be made during v0.11, when more of the game will be converted into pure python, optimized, and organized. Little solace to people playing now, but this will fix a lot of the sprawling mess of code which is the source of current issues.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Well, I appreciate the sacrifice of giving yourself a migraine, because that may sounds like the source of the infinite loop error that has plagued me for months! It seems obvious now, but I could never figure it out since I couldn’t replicate any of the animations issues on my own computer.

That said I still plan to convert the Ren’py animations to .webm for more stability and much smaller file size.
Converting to webm is a really good idea. You will reach a certain limit on the individual images you can put in an ATL where it will eventually cause severe performance issues.

However, the infinite loop error is a result of your while loop, as Pr0gamerJohnny pointed out. From what I can see, there is nothing that tells the while statement that it is greater than 3 while jasmine_ride < 3

From his screenshot, I don't see anywhere where you increment jasmine_ride

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
NemesisGames

Also - more of a suggestion than a bugfix, Ziggy should recite the full [rumor_statement] when asked, not just the [rumor_description]. As it is now, there's no way of knowing before the end of the turn who you stand to lose or gain points with.
Good point. Ziggy is there to tell you who is spreading what rumor and to whom, but most players won't know that. Changed.

However, the infinite loop error is a result of your while loop, as Pr0gamerJohnny pointed out.
Interesting, okay. I've removed it from hotfix version.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

NemesisGames

Nemesis Party
Game Developer
Feb 13, 2022
Look at the comments everyone agrees even the dev agrees with me and will put time ironing out bugs in v0.11
No, I don’t. But I deal with unproductive, vague complaints with every update, and every so often when I ask complainers to provide more details, they do, and—lo and behold—the issue gets resolved.

Or, they come back months later and continue to vaguepost:

Have you tried playing the game yourself? The bugs are pretty easy to see.
Why aren't you testing your game? The very start of the game, it already bugs.
Some people truly don’t know how to contribute, only consume.

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
No, I don’t. But I deal with unproductive, vague complaints with every update, and every so often when I ask complainers to provide more details, they do, and—lo and behold—the issue gets resolved.

Or, they come back months later and continue to vaguepost:

Some people truly don’t know how to contribute, only consume.
This is a pirating site. What did you expect. And regardless of whether or not people contribute, it is your responsibility to test things out first before releasing a game. This site could not exist, and you would still be at fault for releasing an untested update. People typically post technical bug reports. But in this case, the bugs happen literally at the start of the game or the update that the only way the dev couldn't have known about the bugs is if they never bothered to test the game in the first place. I don't buy your bs that you tested the updates because it's literally the first thing you encounter. Don't expect people to have good faith contribution when you couldn't even do the barest minimum.

3.90 star(s) 14 Votes